An Autobot Flyer for Transformers Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Prefer Autobot Flyer Type (with examples)

1. Small : Cosmos, Powerglide, Slingshot, Brimstone,

28 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Medium : AirRaid, Skydive, Treadshot, Breakaway,

55 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Helicopter : Blades, Skyhammer, Crossblades, Tomahawk, Rotorstorm, Evac, Whirl

27 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. Large : Sky Lynx, Skyfire, Skyfall, (G1) Skyhammer, Starsaber, SixKnight, Sky Carry, Galaxy Shuttle

62 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. InstantClazzic

InstantClazzic Well-Known Member

Evac would be nice in my opinion maybe jetfire but who really knows doesn't seam like the bots get many new recruits don't think that will change any time soon.

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Aerialbots or Jetfire (similar to his Armada self)

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Can't remember if I've already said this or not, but my top votes go to Wing Saber or Evac. </Stardust>

Jetfire for a more obvious choice, but Wing Saber and Evac need more lovin' than Jetfire.

4. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    why can't we behold the eternal glory of jetfire?

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

While my main choice is Breakaway, as aforementioned, I wouldn't mind seeing Evac as a search-and-rescue chopper; considering the only other chopper is in a pod, it would be another nice addition to the flying vehicles :) 

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    This.

7. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Having just one Autobot flyer would be useless, because he would still be outnumbered in the skies. I would like to see a team of fliers like in G1.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Compared to the fact the Decepticons are a mostly air-based power and have been held off from conquering all of Earth by effectively six ground-bound Autobots and a seventh freelancer who had the weakest ship in the entire series?

Yeah, actually leveling the playing field so the odds the Autobots continuously beat on a daily basis are actually LOWER by giving them some air support that can't be taken out by freakin' LASERBEAK in one shot isn't going to happen because that one Autobot flyer will have insurmountable odds in the sky by flying solo? I think you forgot to factor in he's an Autobot who would have made it onto the screen at that point, and so he will have Plot Armor so thick it would take a nuke to kill him off because the writers just refuse to write Autobots who die on screen.

Also, there's the issue of just how durable the Decepticons even ARE in the sky, as with the exceptions of Megatron and Soundwave, the majority of the Decepticon Air Fleet is rather questionable in its strength. I mean, Skyquake says Megatron told HIM to kill Optimus Prime, and yet he's nothing more than a glass cannon because Bumblebee just needs to leap on his back and rip out a few wires to force him into a fatal crash. And while Dreadwing is somewhat stronger by virtue of being able to take a few blows, he's easily offlined by one shot from a gun.

Finally, is this poll being based off of those stupid G1 toy sizes? Because last I checked, an A-10 is about the same size, if not slightly BIGGER, when compared to most other planes. As in, the A-10 is at a length of 53 feet, while the F-16 (Skydive) is 49.5 feet, the F-35 (Breakaway) is about 51.4 feet, and the Sea Harrier (Slingshot) is slightly short of 47 feet, the only current modern piece of the US air Force larger than the A-10 being the F-22 (Treadshot) at about 62 feet. For comparison, Skyquake and Dreadwing were both F-35's, and they were about the same size as Optimus in robot mode (which for simplicity's sake I will say is the same as Movie Optimus, whose Peterbilt 379 alt. mode is far shorter than 10 feet of the length of Starscream's F-22 alt. mode as seen here). You expect me to believe Powerglide as an A-10, which is BIGGER (and not to mention is so badass that it's intended replacement the F-35 simply is inferior in every way despite having 30+ years of plane technology more) than the alt. modes of two of the biggest Decepticons so far in the show, is classified as smaller than 3/4ths of your options for the "medium" class? I may dislike Prime immensely, but at least the alt. mode to robot mode scales make sense (aside from Arcee, but the fact she mass shifts the worst of anybody in the show is not one of my major problems with her)

9. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Having one lone Autobot in the sky does make him vulnerable. He would have no back-up because his team members are bounded to the ground. Did you not see what Starscream did to Wheeljack in 'Darkest Hour'? His ship was taken down quite easily. You're also not factoring in the seemingly endless amount of air-based Vehicons Megatron has at his disposal.

If you ripped out a few wires on a REAL plane wouldn't it have the same impact?

They've done it with Cliffjumper, I don't think they're afraid to do it again.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i want dogfight!

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breakaway would be sweet. He has a cool design and is a farily unused character so they could characterize him however they wanted without people going UUUH WHY IS HE NOT ACTING LIKE HE DID IN __________?

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    1. Yes, because his groundmates are bound to the ground means they are completely incapable OF POINTING THEIR GUNS TO THE SKY AND PULLING THE TRIGGER AT FLYING OBJECTS. You know, like exactly like what the hell Optimus Prime does after Megatron flies off at the end of Darkness Rising Part 4.

2. Did you not read that I acknowledge LASERBEAK, a stupid little drone with a little laser gun, took down the Jackhammer? The thing simply can not take a hit without going down in the cheapest way possible.

3. Yes, because it's not like a team of five ground based Autobots haven't been able to hold off three entire Decepticon armi-OH WAIT THEY HAVE. Said armies are also COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT to the point the Autobots have infiltrated and fucked shit up on the Nemesis MULTIPLE TIMES even with Megatron on board and all those Vehicons couldn't do shit.

REAL planes have countermeasures in place just in case something goes wrong, plus with robotic lifeforms I'd figure having some wires ripped out isn't exactly cause to completely shut down and fail to even glide to safety (because for THAT to happen, BB would have had to sever the connections to all the control surface panels on the wings and ailerons, which simply by attacking the MIDDLE of a plane is impossible because that's not how any kind of plane is built since those are critical components and so should not be easily damaged from the outside).

That, and Skyquake was an idiot because all he'd have to have done was a 180 barrel roll and off BB goes, instead of just doing nothing while BB rips out minor wires.

Have you even WATCHED this show? If so, then tell me how many Autobots die during the events of an episode compared to the number of Decepticons who die during the events of an episode. This number is larger even if you factor in the Autobots the writers to too chicken to even have their deaths depicted. And then tell me why they pulled that bullshit is Bulkhead "nearly" dying with a "permanent injury" that fully heals two episodes later while at the same time introducing a brand new Autobot.