American Idol Final 12

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gears, Mar 12, 2008.

1. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Kristy is hot, but I am not sad she is gone... I *LOVE* her belt buckles, a true country girl.

Brooke has an attitude and has got to go.

Honestly, David Cook is it. He is it. The rest is an exercise in futility.

2. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Archuleta(Probably murdered his last name there) will win. He has a huge following... of preteen and teenage girls. I don't want him to win, hell, from the very little he emotes(or rather doesn't) when he is not singing, makes me not like him at all.His win though seems highly logical. Even though I'd rather have Cook, or Carly win.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So...they kept the guy who sang the worst version of memory outside of my shower, and the girl who dropped her lyrics, but tossed a very talented and interesting performer? Apparently, having non-American roots is bad for your health on Idol. I'm a trifle upset with the Castro voters out there right now.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

that is all

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can not believe that blonde-lyric-forgetting doofus Brook is still alive.

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm actually a Brooke fan, but after this weeks performance I'm surprised she stayed. I've even more surprised that Carly left over Syesha. She's been in the bottom 2-3, basically since it's started. How she keeps squeeking by, I'll never know.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn the black chick has some seriously nice cans, tell me wheredjoo get your body from, she got it from her momma

8. nkelsch

Syesha is gone :(  She is very beautiful.

David Cook all the way. If he doesn't win I am done with AI. I am sorry but I can't watch David archaletta sing. His face has no emotion, his eyes no soul... And he is always squinting like someone is shining a flashlight in his eyes. He isn't a bad singer, I just don't think he is a good performer. I can listen to David Archaletta but I would like to go *SEE* Syesha and David Cook perform.

9. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Vote for Kelly.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm watching this over in the UK, and a lot of the songs I have no idea what they are.

It really shows how geared American Idol is for Americans, that sounds really stupid but I just thought it would just be like Pop Idol/X-Factor done in the US. Having said that, the production on it is astounding, compared to the UK equivalent show.

And last week over 50 MILLION people voted? How much do the calls cost? I'm reckoning that maybe $1 of every call goes to Simon Cowell, no wonder his grin get wider every week.

Anyhoo, David Cook would appear to be the winner, nobody (including himself) has topped his version of that Mariah Carey song.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Obviously me and Kev are voting for David Cook. He's from my hometown and actually attended the same high school. Took me forever to realize who he was, he's changed so much since then. When he did his homecoming the whole town (only around 50,000 if not that) went crazy. Can't imagine what would happen if he had actually won American Idol. :lol 

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  12. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait until next week when lil' Archuletta cries after Cook totally pwnz him on TV.

13. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    David Cook FTW. I was hoping (though not expecting) a Syesha/ Cook finale, but I'll take Cook owning Prodigy Boy, too. If Cook doesn't win...we make it illegal for middle school girls to use the phone after 9.

14. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did Archuleta's dad pay Simon off tonight? Cook was easily the more impressive for the first two rounds. We'll see how things play out tomorrow, and hop America doesn't listen to the judges. Even if they do, Cook will still easily outsell Archie.

15. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Just the first 2 rounds? Honestly, it seemed like DA just did one song, 3 times. Everything he does is exactly the same. A poor Josh Groban impersonation. No versatility or risk at all. He will not have a long career, and what he does have will be because of AI, once that's over he'll be done.

16. nkelsch

He has no appeal. I have no idea what he sang, all 3 sounded the same.

But David Cook did sing some weaker songs in round 2 and 3.

I will never buy anything David A makes. I will buy David Cook's first album.

17. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    David Cook should be the winner, but I have a feeling Archuleta wins it all, simply because of the song choice. He picked songs that tugged at the heart strings of people, especially the tweens out there who are just dying to vote.

18. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Last night did appear to be slanted to Archie. The wife and I can't stand the little turd. Haven't liked him through the whole competition. Sure he can sing, but there is no market for him. Cook actually has talent all around and he doesn't look like a zombie when he sings. He also doesn't sound the same every time he opens his mouth. We thought it was pretty damn arrogant on Archie's part to sing a song he has already done on the show in the finale. Something like that usually would have Simon fly off the handle but last night he was planted firmly up his ass. Whatever, God I hate him.

19. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually...Cook is the first contestant EVER to sing 3 new songs for the finale. Everyone usually picks their favorite song from the past season to do over for their pick.

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fear for David Cook tonight. The songs the show gave to Archuletta were just so much better and he sang the HELL out of them.