Amazon overpriced

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Is it me or Amazon always has it's items overpriced and I mean ridiculously overprice even shipping is overpriced. Ebay has the same items at a lower rate and cheaper shipping fee. Why does Amazon overprices it's stuff? I mean are they on crack if they think people are going to buy their stuff? Like I saw The Transformers: The Complete Series [25th Anniversary "Matrix Of Leadership" Edition] for 1000$ like really? Does anybody here thinks Amazon overprices it's stuff?

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    You are aware that that item in particular is not sold by Amazon but from Amazons Marketplace, in this case Through the Stacks LLC. What that means is that any seller can create an account under Amazon's Marketplace and sell what ever item they want for what ever price they want. So Amazon's usually not over priced but some of the individuals who sell on Amazons Marketplace are.

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Dude seriously?

If you saw that price that is a separate seller selling it at that price. Amazon doesn't sell at secondary market prices. It's not Amazon setting these prices. It's individual sellers.

4. fake

fake Return to Innocence

leave the poor guy alone. Its the first time his mom let him use the internet without adult supervision. Some mistakes are bound to happen.

5. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Actually there was a conversation going on in the 3rd party board that led to talking about this very thing, wherein board member Arrowhead brought up an interesting fact, many of the sellers using amazon use specialized algorithms to set their prices, which leads to the range of prices on a given product to become smaller, and it allows outside influence in the form of unrelated sellers listing an item at a crazy price purely with the intent of causing the auto pricing software to increase the price of similar items, that way the alternate listing they made without using auto pricing will look like a deal, and they won't have to lower its price, if you were to check the price of items periodically during any given day, you would likely see some fluctuations in the price throughout the day, that is the auto pricer at work

So basically there are few deals because almost everyone prices based on the prices of other people's listings through the use of auto pricing software

I'm no expert in this, this is just what I gathered through the ongoing conversation, so feel free to challenge any assertions Ive made :) 

7. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    that dvd boxset is out of print. expect prices to be high.

8. Dan14thPrime

Dan14thPrime Well-Known Member

I don't think crazy Amazon pricing has anything to do with algorithms. It's just people posting stupid prices. And as mentioned, it's not Amazon as the seller - most always some small seller probably selling out of his garage. As for Amazons pricing, don't know a lot but they price compare vs Walmart, Target, etc mainly to be competitive on price - not every idiot posting an item that they have one of on hand for billion dollars.

It pains me to have bumped this thread - sorry guys.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

That pretty much sums it up.

10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't it cost more than that at retail when it was still being made?

11. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    more than 1 thousand dollars? No.

12. skynet1O1

skynet1O1 Well-Known Member

it's hit or miss. I've seen absolutely crazy prices on ebay too.

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skimmed it ha though it said $100.