Amazon Can Eat Slag

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldbugTM2, Nov 14, 2016.

1. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

So I ordered Computron from Amazon.com and it arrived today. The first thing that annoyed me was that they didn't put it in a box or anything, just slapped labels all over the actual Computron box. I'm also a long time video game collector, so I'm used to safely removing stickers without damaging boxes. I got that done. Then I opened it up and started taking out figures. I noticed Scattershot has the same way-too-tight fist problem that some Silverbolt figures had, but it doesn't break so ok. Then I took out Afterburner, and heard something rattling in him. As I transformed him into robot mode I found that his head was in two pieces. What ever screws or pins were supposed to hold his head together did not exist. I noticed holes one of his head pieces, but no pins in the box.

At this point I contacted Amazon via chat, who usually is good about returns/exchanges/refunds. The problem is there's no more $72 Computrons to be had. The lowest listing now is $90. Since they didn't ship it to me with any kind of packaging I wasn't willing to return it before they gave me a refund. They were offering to let me repurchase it and then send the defective one back in the packaging I would get with the replacement, but as mentioned--no more $72 Computrons. I was transferred to the "pricing department" but the person I talked to there wouldn't fix the problem like the first agent said. At this point I just quit the chat and used the phone line. They didn't budge there either.

Long story short they're going to refund me in the form of an Amazon gift card, which I'll just use to buy Bruticus. I've already ordered another $72 Computron from Walmart.com I'll return the massively defective Computron probably to Walmart after I get the replacement.

I have been shopping through Amazon for a long time and usually they are very good at resolving problems. This time they completely dropped the ball. This wasn't through a marketplace seller either, it was sold directly through Amazon.
    :mad: :thumbdown :banghead: 

2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I ordered a textbook from Amazon once, and didn't need it. naturally, I returned it. they never gave me my refund, after probably 8 calls I made to them.

They are like an on and off girlfriend... when it's good, it's great. when it's bad, it's completely depressing

• Like Like x 2
  3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So amazon is refunding you for the defective Computron but letting you keep it anyhow, then you're going to return the defective one to a different store? Brace yourself...I believe a shitstorm is about to ensue.

PS...don't mind me over here:
    :popcorn 

4. GoldbugTM2

They're going to get reimbursed by Hasbro anyway. All paths lead back to Hasbro regardless. Anyway, they screwed up the return and I'm fed up. When I get the other Computron from Walmart, and send the bad one right back Amazon and they can still eat slag. I'll get my money back then and get Bruticus, which hopefully doesn't go back up in price before I get my refund.

It's also idiotic that Amazon just gives me a code to take to a UPS store to get the actual label rather than just letting me print the thing myself. An overall unacceptable experience. So much for the A to Z guarantee.

5. Fallout

Fallout preach electric to a microphone stand

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    how can they eat slag when hasbro won't release any toys of dinobots besides grimlock or swoop?

• Like Like x 5
  6. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait so where is the defective one going? First it's to Walmart then to Amazon.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm confused. Why can't you order a $90 Computron and then return the defective Computron in it's place? I think that's what the Amazon guy was trying to convey? Sure you'll be out $90 for a couple of weeks, but in the end you'll have a $72 Computron and nobody loses out?

Am I missing something?

8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    you should have just asked straight up for a replacement and done it through the self help thing instead of speaking to a CSR. happened for me with a TMNT classics raph i bought for 16.99 on sale, then he went back up to 19.99. but i got my replacement and shipped the fingerless raph [his right hand was missing 2 fingers] back to amazon.

9. GoldbugTM2

How do you figure that? I buy a $90 figure and only get $72. So I'm out an extra $18 when I shouldn't have to be.

Back to Amazon because they screwed up the return. They were supposed to give me a gift card refund so I could buy a replacement, but seems they reneged on it and are waiting for me to send the defective one back.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's talking about returning your current defective one with the receipt for the $90 one.

Only problem with that is, you're probably not buying from Amazon directly. That means you might be pulling a switcheroo on a private seller who isn't necessarily the seller you bought the defective one from in the first place.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What he's saying is, buy the $92.00 one, get it in hand, return the broken $72.00 in it's place, get your $92.00 back, pay the original $72.00 you had to begin with.

12. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    So...

My Afterburner ALSO had that same problem, but, I don't think his head HAD a screw. I think it's just glued together. Which I did, and now he's fine.

Why not just do that?

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Because, damn it! I paid for this to be mint and pristine and I shouldn't have to do anything after paying nearly $100.00 for this set! We're just enabling them to continue failing!"

Or something like that. *shrugs*

14. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon can't send you a replacement for Computron, because they are sold out. They can offer a refund, but not a replacement. All of the other Computrons up on the site are from third party sellers. Amazon is not going to start price-matching them or giving you extra money, to buy it from someone else, unfortunately.

15. GoldbugTM2

Well there was an issue with Scattershot as well, (one of his fists similar to his fraternal twin Silverbolt), but after further examination it seems to have loosened enough to not be a risk of breaking.

In regards to Afterburner, there are holes inside his head for pins to go. I don't see any exit holes on the outside of his head though. Does anyone have a fully functional Afterburner to examine his head for us?

I did think about gluing his head, but glue can fail, and the excess residue is unsightly. I'd rather have one that is assembled properly.

Some of them are still "fulfilled by Amazon" which is what the first agent was directing me to buy. He had to transfer me to someone else to deal with the price difference, but the 2nd agent was just uncooperative. It was a bunch of telling me different stories and not following through with what they offered up for a resolution--partially due to poor communication between agents.

16. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Amazon recently told me to cancel my preorder for Sky Lynx, then reorder him from another seller. They specifically said they'd match the original pre-order price.

... they, of course, have not matched it and are now ignoring my emails.

17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm wondering why you're not seeing the solution here. Especially if it's Computron from Amazon, not an independent seller.

Because this. I thought it was pretty darn obvious.

Oh and BTW, have a link. This is Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...171907&sr=8-1&keywords=transformers+computron

In stock at $72 (as of this post). Sold by Amazon. I have no idea why this thread even exists now. They'll even ship to me in the UK if I want it!

18. GoldbugTM2

You're assuming they'd credit me for the $90 one and not the $72 one. Considering the $72 one is direct from Amazon and the $90 one would be from a 3rd party they'd likely only give me credit for the $72 one. They kept changing their story in this regard so I'm done with them. I already ordered another one from Walmart.com . Amazon already re-submitted the return process for the bad one several times because they wouldn't listen to what I was asking, (or properly understand what happened with the previous agent(s) ) so I'm done playing games with them. I'll just get a refund from them once the one from Walmart.com gets here. From now on I'll just use paypal with Amazon so I can get a refund through them if anything like this happens again.

19. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ???

Because you make the return you'd quote the correct ($90) order number. You'd just treat it as a completely separate order.

And the whole $90 3rd party avenue is irrelevant now because Amazon have the $70 one in stock.

But it's all irrelevant because you're ordering another one from Walmart.

It seems (to me) that you handled this wrong and the situation has gone tits up.

20. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Agreed. And less than 24 hours later, they have the £72 one back in stock anyway. Who knows what price they'll hit on Black Friday. Apparently some TJ Maxxs in the states have the set for $39.99