Amazon AU Listing for new Mirage figure

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 24, 2021.

1. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :stick:  It’s very obvious I was talking about the picture, not the listing. The listing is real, duh. And you do realize BW Grimlock has always been a Dinobot repaint/repaint with a new head, right?

• Like Like x 4
  2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Although I would be happy with a Dinobot remold, a remolded Megatron would also be appreciated, to homage the "larger" IDW BW rendition:

- ZomboDroid 26042021102608.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Gonna go on a little rant.

I was already annoyed with the Earth Modes for the 1984 characters(and Barricade) being mostly relegated to scalper bait exclusives and two packs. In my opinion this was a bad move, and I would have preferred them being gradually released as mainline figures with the drawback of having to wait longer on certain characters, or just not doing the Siege Cybertronian modes to start with.

Sticking super-popular character's Earth mode in exclusive two packs with filler repaints is bad enough, then making the filler repaints VOYAGER CLASS is a real dick move. So I have to buy $60 worth of toys I don't want just to get a proper Sideswipe and Mirage, and then have to resell the other two later. But seeing as how Siege Sideswipe by himself is going for $40 these days. I might go ahead and get these to save myself some hassle, assuming they look worth it.

HOWEVER

This business practice of "Buy $130 worth of toys just to get the 3 Deluxes you actually want" needs to stop. It's completely unsustainable. It's no secret that Generations is largely funded by G1 nostalgia, but once you move past the 1984-85 cast, you'll find less and less people willing to tolerate this sort of thing.

If they pull this "All the mainline figures are Cybertronian modes, and you have to go on a wild goose chase buying 6 different exclusive sets to get the Earth modes" nonsense with the Movie Reboot toyline, I'll just refrain from collecting them at all. I'm willing to put up with this for now, because Sideswipe,Mirage, and Hound are the last of the 3 that need the Earth mode retool treatment, and in all honesty I could probably buy Siege Hound this week and be content with it.

But my patience for this sort of crap is wearing very, very thin. The scalper situation has gone out of control, and practices like this are pouring gasoline on a house fire. I don't have hundreds of dollars to drop on exclusive sets the instant they come out, I'm getting sick of having to play these games just to add main characters to my collection. I suspect that a lot of other collectors, especially considering COVID, feel a similar way. I've been collecting since elementary school, but this is quickly turning into something that's more expensive and stressful than it's worth.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  4. TFtrial

TFtrial Well-Known Member

I’m really curious how they will retool Mirage. I can’t visualize how they’ll change the back of the car to make it more F1 accurate since the arms are designed there.

I said the same thing with Ironhide but in his case, it was easier to add more part like removable roof and front end. With Mirage, they would have to remove or hide the arms where the chest piece is located. I can’t wait to see pictures of him.

now if we can get a new Brawn, I’d be super happy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm expecting a remold roughly on the level of ER Ironhide and Ratchet from their Siege figures, with mostly new parts for vehicle mode and maybe a new weapon or a less greebled head or something and presumably a small change to the transformation given that he's got one more step than Siege Mirage. It really baffles me why they chose to engineer the Siege figure the way they did when a more G1-accurate transformation allowing for a more accurate car mode would've been perfectly feasible.

I'm in no way expecting this, but honestly, short of making an all-new mold I think an extremely heavy remold of Siege Sideswipe might make for a better Earth mode Mirage than anything involving Siege Mirage. The transformation scheme shouldn't need to be altered that much for it to work. The basics are already there (front end forms the torso, arms are stored in the sides, legs become the read end), they'd just need to make the arms become the actual sides of the car instead of folding inside it and have the lower legs be flipped 180˚ so that the back of the car is the feet and the top forms the shins instead of the calves.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. TFtrial

TFtrial Well-Known Member

That’s pure genius!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chasformer

Chasformer Well-Known Member

I hope that Mirage's front car mode becomes his torso like the G1 toy

• Like Like x 2
  8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I would simply not buy them. Get/keep the Seige versions, then do some minor repainting/reprolabels and/or some add-on kits for Sideswipe, Mirage, Hound etc and call it a day.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  9. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Yeah. not like it matters.

10. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I was very tempted to do just that, I'm certainly not keen on rewarding this practice with more money. But the scalpers are going to do that either way, and the prices on Siege Sideswipe are atrocious and Mirage's transparent legs are a liability I'd rather not deal with. Still strongly considering a Siege Hound, but there's so many other characters I want this year, I feel like I should just wait. I'm just hoping Hasbro doesn't pull another dick move, since he's the last Earth retool. If they stick him with a filler repaint Leader class or something ridiculous like that, I'll just say "the heck with it."

11. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think a retooled Megatron would work very well, just to match his IDW size. Megs has a completely different transformation compared to Grimlock. IDW Grimlock still transforms like the toy (beast legs/robot arms & beast head/bot chest) and still looks close to appearance as well. The best would be an up scaled of the Dinobot mold to Leader class.

• Like Like x 3
  12. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, that's completely true. I was just thinking about the most practical and short-term method of getting a "big BW Grimlock". However, you never know, they might OSKO BW Grimlock (although I wish Hasbro would start doing these types of things more and more).

Seriously, just wait. All good things come to those that wait. I've bought some of the Seige line (the characters I've thought were "rarest") and decided to wait for either official, KO or 3P versions of characters I didn't bother with in the future. In this way, I can get different molds of similar character, without buying the same mold multiple times. To clarify, I can get Seige Tigertracks and the upcoming "Earthmode" Sideswipe and have two similar, but different toys. I'm also happy to wait for the inevitable "clean" versions of Seige Springer and Kingdom Galvatron, or an inevitable "better" new mold in the future.

It's win-win for me, and not only do I get to save some money, but I get to prune my collection preemptively, sotospeak.

This isn't rocket surgery though and I'm sure many of us here have been doing this for ages, in the same way that "Detolf" cabinets are used to display toys...

It might if you're trying to look it up online, trying to search for it at Amazon, or say, get help from Hasbro customer service, for example. Mind you, I once had the "pleasure" of speaking to the "oves-pia" people at Hasbro UK about "Transmetal 2 Tigerhawk", which yielded confusion until the bemused customer service rep enquired, in her people's sing-song voice, whether I was referring to the "Flying White Tiger" that was the official term used in Hasbro UK's computers...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  13. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

I honestly expect nothing grand from the Mirage Mold, either. I would hope that it does take some cues from the Siege Sideswipe mold because even after all these toys in the line that have come and gone, Sideswipe surprisingly holds up the best out of all the toys since his engineering feels done well enough and actually could be described as a micro-Masterpiece. If they did manage to pull from that mold styling to make an Earth Mirage, I'd probably love that figure, too since right now, I feel the Classics Mirage, while not 80s G1 Accurate, is still the best in terms of being a fun Figure Representation of the character.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unlikely... that's not how Siege Mirage transforms.
    In order for him to have an actually wide chest but look like a real F1 racer car, they changed the design so the feet becomes the front of the car and the spoilers. I am OK with that. I mean we have Classics Mirage as well for a more lanky sleek robot mode.

15. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

So we are getting our needed Mirage earth mode toy and also Sideswipe? Then all that is left is Hound and Gears and I can retire in peace.

• Like Like x 4
  16. 3P Desperation

3P Desperation Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Guess I missed by a minute :( 

17. 3P Desperation

3P Desperation Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Someone else explained it. I was just too late...

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gosh I'd love a redo of Mirage. That Siege version just doesn't hit any sweet spots for me and definitely doesn't have that mini-masterpiece look, feel or aesthetic that the more recent Autobots do. C'mon Hasbro... take my money.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's where having an OS KO version would come in. I mean seriously in a time where OS KO figures are a thing upscaling the Kingdom Dinobot mold and retooling certain parts to make him look like BW Grimlock in how he looked in both BW the Gathering and Ascending books would be a major hot seller and a no brainer when it comes to OS KOing certain molds/characters.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    The page is gone but my order is still intact... huh.

Amazon just spits out a generic error message when I try to access the item page, both through the links here and from my orders.