Amazing Spider-man To Run In Sunday Papers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Not only is this pretty fucking cool, it's also a way to get new blood into reading comics. :) 

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=53712

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that'd be Superman.

i don't know about this. I love the Silver Age. It's fun, it's wacky, and it's full of amusingly outdated assumptions about science. The Silver Age is really an acquired taste, though. Besides, I doubt it'll help comic sales since the Spidey we got in 1963 is completely different from the Spidey we get today. I applaud the effort, but this idea seems doomed from the start.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

So what are they going to do when they get to oh, say, the Clone Saga and, since they're only printing ASM, can only print anywhere from 1/3-1/6 of any given mini-arc? Guess they'll just have to skip it. :p 

What was the deal with the ASM that ran in the paper when I was a kid? It was called ASM, but I think it was separate from the actual ASM book.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Hey, I remembered that spidey strip as a kid too! What was the deal with it?

5. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I haven't read the comics section of the paper for a while, but last I checked they still had those Spiderman strips. I don't know if they were constantly new or just "reruns", but they were there at least until not too long ago.

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I was thinking the exact samething but Spidey is Marvels most world renowned super hereo so i guess they can get away with it :thumbs2: