Am I the only one...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B u m b l e b e e, Feb 9, 2019.

1. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    After looking at those new images of MP-45 Bumblebee, I can say now that I’m just sad and disappointed... :cry 

While MP-21 was great, it wasn’t exactly amazing in my eyes. With this new release, I was really hoping Takara would nail this one and provide fans with a near-perfect representation of G1 Bumblebee; the definitive toy. But I guess some things are too good to be true.

I would suggest that they revise the design a little bit but I think that would be asking for too much. Especially as that’s never been done before. Just makes me jealous that others like Optimus Prime and Hound are shining spectacles to behold while Bumblebee gets the short end of the stick with his head up his tailpipe.

Fingers crossed for an awesome Siege Bumblebee that might make an appearance at New York Toy Fair. IDW sort of gave us a sneak peak ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, with Hasui at the helm of Seige (apparently), I think the Seige version is going to look much better. Hell, Seige Hound looks a lot better than the MP version

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you the only one? Have you read any of the comments in the main thread? There are many, many more people who hate 45 than those who like it. People who like it are a very small minority.

• Like Like x 12
  4. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His feet look bad but otherwise pretty good. Won’t buy it though as I have the toyworld one

• Like Like x 1
  5. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Yeah have to echo that, I've always been happy with TW Bii I see no reason to swap him out for MP45

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Well, I can't see anything justifying MP-45 over the older one.

There are many qualities of MP-44 making me wanting it even in spite of its shortcomings, but I feel nothing like that looking at the upcoming new MP Bee.

Looks pretty bad, imho.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's

1) miss-transformed

2) small and small figures always look worse in photos than in hand and on display due to relative resolutions and zooming effect

3) it looks like bumblebee and G1 cartoon bumblebee always looked like a guy at a cosplay party in a badly made outfit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seem to recall people complaining about mp-21's "clown feet", Takara fixes that w/mp-45 and it opens up a whole new can of worms.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I think I could handle the feet and backpack if only the face was just a little better. Maybe some 3rd party company can make a replacement head\face for him by the time MP-45 comes out. The eyes and chin on the current head are just way too big.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Or this happened
    MP39-16.jpg
    Whoever posed him felt the need to unhinged his butt flap, I think the same thing happened as his butt flap is sitting at 45 and them 90 degrees making for even worse backpack pictures. I think it should be flat on his butt allow the other parts to lay flat, the roof has a hinge that is leaning back in photos, that makes it looks like it should sit on the corner windows not hover above them.

11. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I see, sounds like good news to me! :) 

I skimmed through some of the threads but I’m a little stuck up on time at the moment so I won’t be able to read 40+ pages worth.

His feet are one of my main gripes. Although, I think it may have been mistransformed. They’re some room that could allow for the piece to be tucked in more. But I honestly don’t think it’ll change much.

On the other side of things, that head sculpt looks awful and the backpack doesn’t compress nicely at all. I feel as if Takara has taken some steps backwards with this new figure. So unfortunate :( 

No argument there. I think MP-44 looks great, despite the backpack. No where near as bad as Bumblebee’s though...

I respect your opinion. As I mentioned previously, I had the impression that he may have been mistransformed as well but I doubt it’ll enhance my outlook on the figure. And I always loved (a little biased...) Bumblebee’s aesthetic in the show, even if the animation was poorly drawn at most times. The Transformers: The Movie managed to stay consistent.

Every problem has a solution, it’s just knowing where to find it. Regrettably, Takara didn’t do a great job at that...

I’m hoping he’ll come with a head reminiscent to the one we seen in the 1986 film (sort of what MP-44 is doing). It was a lot more angular and less round. But the figure may just come with a smiley face utilizing the same head sculpt :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Are you the only one who creates click bait threads?
    No.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd rather have Trailbreaker or Jazz than v2 of any MP at this point...

i love the current MP Bee.

i saw the smaller photos and got psyched for a second, now i see the larger photos and i'm no longer psyched.

-

14. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I don’t have a horse in this race because I don’t collect Masterpiece Transformers, but I think the problem is trying to match toy designs to animation models. They’re just way too incompatible.

15. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, I apologize if it somehow irks people. Just wanted to be a part of the conversation. :) 

It can be done but it’s no easy task. Some of the recent MP’s have been coming out great (with a few exceptions of course...)

• Like Like x 1
  16. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would love an MP Jazz, one character that has been long overdue. I imagine it’s because of licensing.

I think part of the reason why I’m so displeased with the new Bumblebee was all the hype surrounding it. I guess I expected too much.

17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It's just a bit annoying when people create thread titles like "Is it...?" instead of trying to describing the subject of the discussion in the title. It happens a lot on the net.
    But you're certainly not the only one.
    I don't care much about Bumblebee, but if they were gonna give him a second mp I had expected it to be a lot better than this.
    This looks really bad.
    A disgrace to Takara's design team I think.
    It looks like something Impossible toys would have made back in the days on a bad day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

No.
    You are not alone.
    It looks laughably bad. Honestly...I laughed aloud when I saw the pics.
    A plastic abortion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I understand, will take note of this in the future!

And yeah, Takara should be embarrassed quite frankly.

Lol you said it! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, that's what happens when the schedule goes like this: BW, MPM, MPM, MPM, +, BW, MPM, +, BW, BW, MPM, +, +, BW, 2.0

I mean, you know when they finally get around to sprinkling in a new G1 mold it's going to be...you know...but it's still a little disappointing.