Am I the only one that really wants Bay to carry on with the Transformers franchise?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by autobot slapper, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

yeah gotta go with this. Great ideas but needs a little helping to make them perfect.

2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm just biased, since I like TF07 the most, which Kruger wasn't a part of.

It just feels like he doesn't give a damn about continuity. That's one of my biggest pet peeves, from one Bayformer fan to another. Because then it takes extensive fan theories and/or other tie ins to connect it all. The movieverse storyline is very complex and interesting, but you wouldn't know that based on the films alone.

Hate you? This fool is terribly misinformed

3. Brokenn77

Brokenn77 Autobot Wrecker

*spoilers**spoilers*

At the point where this left off, they could actually go the comic book route and split the material. The comics had the More Than Meet The Eye series and the Robots In Disguise series going on at the same time in the same universe. Why not do that here? Follow Optimus on his quest with one director and follow the remaining Autobots on Earth with another.

4. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Michael Bay is a deplorable visual storyteller. He makes things "cool", but that's not enough. That's not enough even for action scenes. In fact, it's often totally counter-productive to storytelling.

Consider this; the greatest action director of all time, Stephen Spielberg, is a total square. And his movies are totally square. And yet he's made some of the most thrilling cinema ever.

All to often we shy away from earnestness, and that's why we get so many boring action movies with BS relativism in lieu of themes and ideas. I don't want "cool". I want "good".

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yes.

Personally I have no issues with the writing of AOE. I laughed more in that than I did in A Million Ways to Die in the West. People think there's just a huge group of great writers out there who could just slide in and "get" the franchise.

No. No, there isn't. I wouldn't want Kruger writing an historical drama, but he fucking gets Transformers.

6. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    I felt the continuity between DOTM and AOE was pretty damn good. From ROTF to DOTM? Not so much, but it wasn't horrible.

Continuity never really strikes a nerve for me, personally. That's why I count the comics as canon, regardless of what anyone says.

[​IMG]

Agreed totally.

7. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    :wink: 

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I appreciate all the hard work they spend detailing those robots. So glad the dont look like marshmellows. He was a good choice because he's a big kid like us.

9. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

No, you're not. These boards aren't representative of jack shit lol

10. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Steven Spielberg said ONLY Michael Bay can do it, i guess the argument is over.
    But I'm interested how will Del Toro direct a Transformers film.

Michael Bay sad to say, his style fits the franchise.
    - Multiple viewing angles
    - Car Chase Scenes
    - Explosions, explosions & explosions
    ^ factors required in an action film depicting giant robots not only fighting but also chasing each other down the roads.

I welcome a partner on Kruger in the writing department though

I remember that Bob & Alex pointed their fingers on Bay when ROTF criticized of it's racist humor hence, the Twins.

11. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I do! He made me proud and I think TF5 should have him direct it. Yes! Bring him back.

12. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

We've lost a good friend with this movie.. :cry 

So long, Red Tuna Goblin. It was fun having you on board while it lasted.

(Note that I don't think Goblin is actually going anywhere, just kinda sucks that he didn't like the movie.)

13. Burnout00012

Decepticons, don't ever think we hate you. You're one of the people I like most on this board. You're the one Con that this Bot is proud to call his ally. ;) 

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I honestly don't know why any of you are worried.

Michael Bay has shown he just can't walk away from that Transformers pay check. I'm sure he'll say in some interview he's tired of it all and wants to do other films but when they offer him the right amount to direct 5, 6, 7, 8.... he will be right back.

Paramount hasn't shown any willingness to change up the franchise much and risk losing some of their international take so short of the movies having a box office disappointment they will ride Transformers into the ground so beware if they ever call one of these films Transformers Nemesis.

Hasbro, heck they sell Transformers toys in the movie years and they sell Transformers toys when there isn't a movie out so the most Hasbro will ask for is to get certain characters worked into the movies.

The people asking for changes in the director don't really get a say in the whole thing.

15. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. Burnout00012

[​IMG]

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Agree with all of you guys. I keep hearing Transformers needs a new writer... for what? Ever since the Dark Knight, people want movies to elevate IPs to new levels of drama. Guess what? I don't want that in Transformers! When it's too serious, it's boring! Transformers Prime was well thought out and decently put together and I found myself bored with it a lot.

Krueger writes these things like the cheesy 80s cartoon it started as. I'm cool with that! All I wanted to see is the same thing in live action. Why does everything have to be more than what it was now? Right down to Drift breaking the fourth wall with a "That'sa Optimus Prime." That's what the show has been. Not everything needs to be ground breaking. Sometimes things change on the fly. Hell, Prime only got his matrix in the movie, in the show it was like he never had it til after the movie.

It is cheesy, but it's endearing. I want Bay to stay, he really gave in to a lot of fan requests, he just put his own spin on them. He let the TFs been Tfs tho! The new faces, more human like actions, the cast that has enough charisma to pull of cheese (well Tucci and Wahlberg at the least), stereotypical villains WITHOUT a SHRED of decency (thank you Grammer and Welliver).

I remember when the good guys were good and bad guys bad and it was cool. Now with all these anti heros and morally justified bad guys, people want capture. This movie has the political correctness of the 80s toon (which in retrospect was in ways offensive). I know I left the theatre both times feeling like I watched G1. All it needed was the Autobot and Decepticon drops (which they snook in via the lab guys phone). Heck we even got a movie G1 Prime!

Bay and Krueger, finish this trilogy, I like the new formula better. One thing the movies don't address is how the characters know each other, no Cons meet a Bot on the field where he maybe thinks about disabling him not killing him.

I almost wonder if that's not how Optimus will deal with Galvatron. Everytime he dies he comes back! Take Galvatron prisoner.

18. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    The franchise prints money, at this point. Handing it off to someone else isn't going to stop that...and the result may be a surprisingly good film that sells on name alone, and happens to satisfy critics and fans by actually being a good movie.

And I really wish we could just declare a moratorium on the word "haters".

19. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

I want him to stay to finish the rest of the new trilogy. There really aren't many directors out there that can do what he does (directs everything himself without a 2nd unit crew, does more takes in a day than most directors do in 3, uses an insane amount of practical effects), and the movies will suffer because of it. Maybe we'd get a better story, but vastly less action, and possibly lower quality action.

At this point, that's 90 percent of the reason I watch these films, and Bay ALWAYS ups the ante. I salivate at the thought of what he could do with a 5th and 6th one.