Am I seeing things? Or do they look like... (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by The F.N.G., Oct 15, 2011.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFP Season Finale spoilers from here on out. You have been warned.

Okay, so I'm watching the season finale (many thanks, Darkprime), and I get to the part where Ratchet is telling the story of Orion Pax and Megatronus back on Cybertron. When they went before the High Council, something caught my eye. Take a look at the figures near the sides of the image:

[​IMG]

The guy in the bubble is what tipped me off. They all look like members of the Thirteen! So, this means that either the Council members all have body-types that resemble those of the original Primes, or those are statues of the actual Thirteen. What do you guys think?

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Oh, hell yes.

Maybe Dreadwing was a part of the first Thirteen?

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're either statues or the actual 13 themselves.

I think the latter is true considering he's talking to the three in the middle (Probably Alpha-Trion, Vector Prime, and Prima). Wouldn't make sense if they're the only ones alive.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the council is just made-up of a wide variety of Cybertronians, and their membership might be based off of the Original 13. For example, one of the council members might have to be a minicon to try and keep the council unbiased, or something along those lines.

I would be surprised if those were just statues, or the Oringinal 13 themselves.

5. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I think this might be the case. Using the 13 as a reference is how they built their council.

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Yeah, they're definitely statues, since Alpha Trion was up doing stuff in Exodus
    and Solus Prime was confirmed dead in Exiles.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Crap.

You have a great eye. I didn't even notice that.

But yeah I'd say they are extremely likely to be either statues or the 13 themselves. Personally I pray to some deity of your choice that they are statues. I DESPERATELY want the 13 to be in Cybertron's ancient past so far removed people doubt they even exist. Similar to a number of Earths religious figures.

But I fear I my desires are not what we are seeing. There are only 10 lights above the "statues"... With the 3 in the middle that makes 13. It just feels like they are going to say the 13 chose Optimus themselves.

And that SUCKS! because it takes away the feeling that there is more to Cybertron than the 13 and the civil war. By having it in the distant past there is room to imagine and show entire era's predating the war. Making it go strait from the 13 to Optimus feels just like they don't want to build a world with history.

I might not be making logical sense. I'm finding it difficult to explain how this damages my suspension of disbelief in the world.

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong.

8. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    Actually, I think they're Council members that look like the Thirteen rather than statues. Looking at them slightly later in the scene, when Orion is talking to them, "Bubble Boy" and the guy next to him seem to be alive:

[​IMG]

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're just statues for sure. Half of them are dead, they CAN'T be in that scene.

10. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed that too while watching in (Lugnut) GLORIOUS (/end Lugnut) High Definition. Likely just statues. If the thirteen were there, why the hell would there be leadership issues?

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Please someone compare the bots to the ones seen in the flashback. Compare Miniconimus Prime especially since we've got a good shot of him. If they are the same design then it is likely what I fear. It is the 13 themselves.

12. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

To me they look like statues of sorts on lit pedestals with the only living council members actually lit up in the yellow/gold light.

13. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

He could be the same guy, there is a similarity. Personally, I'm hoping that they're Council members who merely look like the Thirteen.

14. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

The guy next to Bubble Boy doesn't look like any of them. Bubble Boy himself? Inconclusive. He's kind of generic-looking in the flashbacks, electro bubble aside, and I can't really pick out much in the way of any defining physical traits on the dude in the council to compare them against each other either.

[​IMG]

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah I also tried seeing if I could find... who is it, Vector Prime? I tried to see if anyone had a ring or indentation on their chest. I couldn't find one in the 3 main guys so that's good news to me.

And upon inspection, yeah Miniconimus Prime (I think I like that name for him...) does look a little generic. It could go either way.

16. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    Probably not the 13. Why? Because there are 13 of them standing there and we know at least 2 (The Fallen & Liege Maximo) turn Evil. So i think we might be able to conclude that the 13 here are descendants of the original 13.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    The council could have kept the "13" positions to honor the original 13, plus it keeps any decisions from being a tied vote..one of these has to be "the decider" :) .....and some of those bots could just be holograms too..perhaps a reason for the "bubble bot".

I thought it was a nice depiction of the scene(s) as described in Exodus.

Also, they may still play some sort of flashback/flashforward scene because there must be a way to return the Matrix of Leadership to Optimus...I would love to see Vector Prime come forth in time to return balance to the Universe, set things right as it were..:thumb 

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  18. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Interesting observation.
    I agree with everyone else though, those are probably just people who look like the 13.

19. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I think those are just supah-realistic statues. Cool ones, obvs made to look like the real 13, but not actually them.

...unfortunately.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I actually only count 11 bodies. There are 5 lights on either side but I can only make out 4 bots under them.