Am I maybe not enjoying the game as much as I'm suppose to?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, May 7, 2009.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

*Rant, kinda... sorta*

So, I got my new computer and got a Crysis and Crysis Warhead and I beat these two games in less than 24 hours. Hell, I beat Crysis Warhead in the same day I installed it. This got me thinking about other games I've played, like FEAR 2, I beat in 2 days. I know action games and shooters arn't suppose to be that long, about 8-ish hours, but I just recall at one point in it would have taken me about a week or two to finish a shooter. Makes me ponder if I'm just blowing through these games and then going onto the next one like an alacholic with his beer. I've had plenty of fun playing both Crysis' games but I just finished them... fast.

I make a habit of playing each game I have bought at least twice, and I'm already through Crysis on it's hardest difficulty and about halfway through Crysis Warhead on the hardest diffculty. I've just got this odd feeling that I might be doing some wrong.

2. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Well having played cod4 with you, I can assure you that you are probably way too good for the average shooter. Mr. 5-1 kdr!

Seriously though, it is possible to bust through games really quickly and or take your time and enjoy them. The good times are in multiplayer and crysis has a good mp. Besides, if you get tired of them you can always send them my way when you're done! ;) 

Today I picked up kotor2 because I have been busting through some games myself and I heard that it was a fairly long game. I got an ASUS G50vt-X5 for my birthday this past weekend and it's freakin awesome...2.45ghz core2duo, vista 64 bit, 4 gb's ddr2 memory, nvidia geforce 9800gt 512mb ddr3 and a 7200 rpm 320gb hdd. It also has this setting called direct console where I can push a button and it just safely overclocks the memory, video and chip from asus.

3. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Maybe you should take breaks in between. Unless you truely are a game-aholic.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Maybe it's because you used to play them only a few hours at a time along with other games, instead of solo sessions?

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Maybe you should play Dragon Quest 8.