Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NitrogenB, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, its one of the reasons i hate Michael bay now. Not only did he kill off many good Decepticons with such stupid ways that it makes your blood boil he then proceeds to turn Prime into a psychopath.

Also the music score after he kills Sentinel and Megs only goes to reinforce that Prime is a murdering psychopath.

I really wish Bay had never laid hands on Prime now. How could Hasbro allow this? :banghead: 

2. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Prime can't be a psychopath, he's not a person.

psy·cho·path

noun /ˈsīkəˌpaTH/ 
    psychopaths, plural

1. A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

2. An unstable and aggressive person.

He could be a cyberpath or some other made up G1 word though.

Why does everyone feel sad that Prime killed Demolisher? Demolisher ran over and killed how many Humans in that chase sequence? Yeah, he was innocent and should have been spanked and sent to cyberjail. Get over it.

3. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

No, you are not alone. Frankly, this movie version of Prime is off-putting to me. It is a big departure from most of the past iterations of Prime, including the very first one. As originally conceived 30-some years ago, Prime was based on Abraham Lincoln. Wise, strong, courageous, and *compassionate*. We've come a long way since then. Now the only thing anyone cares about is how badass Prime is. He kills without hesitation or burden. It's the world we live in now. Apparently anyone who is bothered by that is naive.

4. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

If Bay wouldve used Shockwave correctly, and focused more on the invasion than Deep Wang, Job hunting, and love story, i think prime wouldnt be viewed as being too brutal. You have to up the stakes. Even though they are "saying" the decepticons are taking over, i didnt get that vibe. It wasnt portrayed as being any more crucial than the battle in TF1 or TF2. Show humans being rounding up, Show cons taking over neighborhoods, going into houses, make it worldwide, go all Third Reich. Make it feel like the end of of the world. Show that megs and sentinel are TRULY EVIL and beyond redemption. Not greedy, bad decision makers. Instead, we get metal aliens pitching a hissy fit in downtown chicago. The bots have fought countless wars on cybertron and throughout the galaxy. They have thousands of years of knowledge and experience, yet they come to earth and get beaten by humans using guns. Not even "Designed by Wheeljack" guns.

5. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I thought Prime was right on. After all he was betrayed by Sentinel. I would be pissed too.

6. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

"Am I alone?"

ONE MAN, ALONE, BETRAYED BY THE COUNTRY HE LOVES!