Alternity Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by benzo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have been walking the edge of a knife trying to decide if I want these. I think I'll spring for them now, especially since they are such an improvement over the Classics.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got mine yesterday - LOVE IT. The chest isn't nearly so bad in person, just like everyone says. He's probably my favorite alternity mold, I think I'll even spring for Cliffjumper (and I generally hate repaints).

One word of caution - that little flap behind his head (that I thought was pointless at first) folds down and hits a button that makes his hips spring down a tad more. I didn't realize this and it took me forever to figure out why the engine cover wouldn't clip down in robot mode.

I do have one minor gripe. I wish his pistols would clip onto the outside of his thighs as well. Reaching for guns on the inside of your lower legs seems - impractical.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Same here, I think this mold is my fave of the Alternity Line so far. Nothing against Convoy or Megatron, but everything is just a tad bit better on the Suzuki mold. Stability, transformation, realistic vehicle mode, etc.

Thanks for hint about that tab. I've been folding it down, but AFTER I'd gotten the rest in place. Folding it down BEFORE you pull the legs all the way out does wonders!

4. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

cool figure and all, but i still think classics bumblebee looks better.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh, classics bumblebee is great, to be sure. Alternity Bumblebee is just a lot of fun too.

6. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I was hoping to skip Bee and Cliffjumper. After this review, Bumblebee will definitely be ordered, and maybe Cliffjumper as well.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got mine and I have to say I'm a touch disappointed.

It IS nice, don't get me wrong. The size and clumsiness of the body shape feels more like it belongs with the Binaltechs than the alternity figures.

Even though my favorite figures still are from the alt/bt line (mirage and Prime)- over all the previous two alternity figures had an attention to detail on the bodies (non car parts), that we had seldom seen in the alt/bt line.

So he IS a cool toy. He just feels like a small step backward to me. I'm also far more likely to display him (at least in bot mode) with my alt/bt's.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He and Cliffjumper are a bit off scale for my Alt/BT collection.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was referring to 'bot mode and those two being smaller then the other car bots. I know in vehicle mode they don't quite fit.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can understand that [after you've been more specific with your post intent], but I'd prefer the alt mode to be in scale first for the Alt/BT line since the rest of them are.

11. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love the quality of these reviews. They must take forever to make though. It's a shame he couldn't Transform Bumblebee right. XD

13. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By far the best video reviews ever. Always look forward to new ones.

14. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got mine in about a week ago but didn't bother to open him until today. I thought he would be my least favorite out of the alternities I got, but it's actually the opposite! I like him better than my alternity convoy! I can't stand the short arms on convoy when he raises them. Not so with the BB. Great proportioning of the legs and arms in relation to the body.

The only complaint I have is with how tough the legs were to pull out. I almost felt like I was going to snap the plastic somewhere. It was really confusing looking at the instructions. Thanks Peaugh for the help on that!

Excellent, excellent figure. BTW, does anyone's front doors close fully on their BB or does it pop a tad?

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
  16. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

Transformers Alternity Bumblebee

This toy is about the closest to an Alternators Bumblebee we will probably ever get. Thank you Volkswagen. Moving right along, it isn't a bad mold and after playing with it for the last two years I think it really is the best Alternity mold because of articulation and stability.

My photo gallery is located here: Facebook

Transformers Alternity Bumblebee - YouTube

Also, check out my channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/cakedup83?feature=mhee. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!