Alternators Ricochet Test Shot On eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    If you want to get REALLLLY nitpicky... there were two versions of teh Silverstreak. The right-hand drive and the left-hand drive.

But even so... Hasbro does not cater to "completists." They put out what they think will sell, while trying to make as much money off of each mold [or base mold] as they can. Some are unfortunately going to be shelfwamers. They are NOT going to take into account how many times Takara has released [essentially] the same figure. They will only worry about their market.

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

good point, but wouldn't they take into consideration that that mold did warm sheves in its last two froms? Yet the mold that would've fit the character better could barely stay on shelves in both of its forms.

That's with Riccochet anyway. At least with the other mold one of them sold well whil the other warmed shelves.

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have two words for that repaint: Ug Lee.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I get a distinct impression the new 'pattern' for Alternators (ingoring Binaltech as that's a different market) Is one remold, and one repaint. At this point there's that for all of the first four Alt molds (the exception being Swerve, though the only remolding on him was the head.)

I'm guessing more repaints are on the way, hopefully with a bit more thought than Rollbar. If I were to guess (and hope), the only other to get a "second remold" would be the Acura/Prowl, with a Red Alert head and little else, but not before a non-emergency-vehicle version. It's even stunningly easy to do a simple repaint of Alternators Prime, as either Ultra Magnus or Scourge (Ignoring that it's not the G1 Scourge for now.). Neither of those might be a popular choice, for their overuse between both ends of the Pacific though.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The pics at BBTS are photoshopped hand-painted stock photos, though, which PREDATE the ones we're seeing now.

Though the nose could still go either way, Hasbro stock photos aren't really anything to go by.

6. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

wholeheartedly concur, sir

huge unibrow in the vein of Ratchet

silly little cartoon flames (and I even like Skid's flame graphics)

cheap white plastic

tired mold design

7. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    either way that nose isn't anything a little gold paint can't fix. Hasbro will hopefully paint that thing up itself, because I won't, I'm not buying it.

They should have at least made me a non-rally WRX STI. Basically Smokescreen's spoiler with the rest being from silverstreak's body. I also think smokecreens head would have made a better repainting for this use. If they didn't want to remold they could have at least mixed and matched a bit from the two versions. Maybe have even used the right hand dashboard from the Silverstreak variant.

If they had done a nice Mix and Match which would have cost nothing.... then I think this would have been better executed.

That said, straight repaints are part of all the other lines so I hardly see the point in compaining about that. It isn't that it is a repaint, it is that it is a poorly executed repaint. All these things considered, I think this paint scheme may have been better used on the Acura mold.

As far as straight repaints rollbar looks decent, but very very bland, much like how skids looks too busy (not to mention reminding me of Meatloaf in Fight Club).

Hasbro is at least getting them out there, I think they just need to think them through a bit more. Now when does Mirage come out? That is the next alt I am buying.

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth. And that goes for all the third-version-of-a-mold Alts.

9. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

I feel like someone just threw a dart at my heart now. :cry 

10. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I was really hoping he would have the 2006 redesigned WRX front end. :(