Alternators Ricochet Test Shot On eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

But the Rx-8 hasn't changed it's appearance yet and won't until the 2007 models come out at the earliest. Unless Hasbro's license was only for 2 figures or something.

2. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    given the level of remolding between the 2 (seriously, nearly every body panel was remolded/tweaked) they're hardly even the same mold anyways

I really hate the white nose and gold spoiler...

:lol  at the Jersy plates - hopefully Ricochet is rockin' the Wrens!!!

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    you forgot to mention Alert. Plus I'm pretty sure people have called the Corvette overused. Personally I dont mind the number of uses but I can see why others would

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the biggest problem with the WRX mold I think, and the reason for its complaints in use, is the fact that both of the alts were HUGE shelfwarmers, in fact I still see them around, nearly two years since they were sold. Some people probably DO count the number variations, but even if you don't, you have more subarus than any other car model in the alt/bt lines, with corvette seeming to be tryin hard to catch up. I have nothing against the mold as long as it doesn't warm the shelves, but darnit I'd much rather see new molds altogether, or at LEAST remold the dad-gum heads!!!!!

Andy

5. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I'd have to say I'd agree with that, but mostly I don't like it just because originally it was a repaint of Jazz so now it should be a repaint of Meister.

My only guess for why they didn't use it is maybe since the Meister mold had a dark color scheme with Shockblast more recently than the Subaru had a dark scheme with Smokescreen. Wasn't that originally one of the reasons Tracks was going to be yellow?

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    That's true, too.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I think the biggest beef people have with Ricochet and Rollbar is the fact they're straight up repaints...yes, the Corvette has been released three times, but each one was at least remolded...granted, Swerve only had a new head but honestly if "Rico Suave" here (hahaha tha comment made me crack up) and Rollbar had remolded heads they wouldn't look and feel so cheap to me. That's my best guess anyway, plus the fact Silverstreak and Smokescreen were shelfwarmers could add negative points to people's perspectives too.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm...yup, it's still ugly.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Right, I forgot about Alert... So that makes it Smokescreen, Silverstreak, Smokescreen GT, Alert, and Ricochet... That still ties the Corvette molds as far as use goes yet I see the term overuse a lot more with the WRX mold than the Corvette mold...
    But see if you count both lines, the Corvettes still have the same amount as the WRX molds with Tracks, yellow Tracks, Swerve, and Ravage... Which is still the same amount of as the WRXs minus the different numbered ones...

I'd say we can't really count that since most people I've seen on here don't mind the different numbered ones... They either get one or the other for Smokescreen or Smokescreen GT... Or all four like me, but the fact remains that getting both is purely by choice and that you're not actually missing a figure in the line if you don't get Smokecreen #8 or Smokescreen GT #2...
    See that's the brilliance of the BT* line for Takara... So far, with the exception of Alert, the figures released for BT* are simply repaints of figures... Yet since they are classified as a "spin off" line, it's okay to have repaints...

I mean, nobody's complained about the Broadblast repaint, nobody's complained about the Sunstreaker repaint... I don't think anyone's gonna complain about the Black Convoy repaint... All of these are all just repaints of older figures...

Maybe Hasbro just needs to do a spin off line like BT* where buyers have the choice of not getting these figures without compromising the completeness of their collection...

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think the Binaltech only people have anything to worry about. I doubt these will come out for Binaltech just like I doubt Alternators will get Blaster or Red Alert.

Saying that, this figure would look good painted white with black trim in car mode, and give the robot parts silver and metallic green with a metallic green face, and voila! Instant Tigatron.

Chris

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I'm betting that's just stock photos of hand painted test shots that are gonna be used on the packaging. The final product isn't always the same.

Either way I hope the nose does get fixed on the final version or I'll just have to do it myself. And as for the lack of Subaru logos, remember the Alt Sunstreaker test shot without the vipe logo on the hood?

As for the toy itself, generally it looks good. The nose and the poor paint job on the head crest are bothers but the overall colour scheme is very nice.The NJ plate is a nice touch for a more realistic liscence plate, although the flames already are far from realistic.

12. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Just like everybody else said..they fixed the nose. Check bigbadtoystore :peoples: 

13. infinitron

infinitron DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

I'm not thrilled with Richochet... but hell how can I skip an Alternator and live with myself?

14. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. With the Corvette, Tracks was a rarity, and Swerve even more so. Ravage did shelfwarm, but nowhere near as bad as Smokescreen and Silverstreak did. With the Viper, Sideswipe shelfwarmed almost as bad as Smoke and 'Streak, and Dead End was the rare one. Sunstreaker is now the 3rd use, plus everybody wants him anyway.

People cry "overuse" cuz it's a mold they got sick and tired of seeing on store shelves.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

If I may quote my own theory...
    I'd say this issue will remain open until we get out of box pictures of the final product bought off of store shelves. Dealer samples could still be a little different, like the Battle Ravage with BTL RVG liscence plate istead of the mass produced RVG version.

16. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

NOt taking sides in that issue but it should be noted that the WRX has been used FOUR times. 3 of them were used for Smokescreen, a number 7 and 8 care and a 2005 edition. And 1 was used for streak.

And I was not aware that Ricochet was shown off by hasbro. I certainly wouldn't of shown that off. But that's just me. ;p

17. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm.. the more I see him, the more I want him. For some reason, I just like the paint scheme. :) 

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

This is Alternators not Binaltech. The US is the target buyers for Ricochet. The Subaru mold has only been used 3 times on our side of the world, Smokescreen, Silverstreak and Ricochet.

If you really want to include BT and BTA then the mold was used 7 times not including say BT-01 and Alt Smokescreen as 2 different versions of the mold.

BT-01 Smokescreen #7 & #8 variants, #8 being the version Alts got.
    BT-03 and Alt Silverstreak.
    BT-07 Smokescreen GT #1 and #2 variants.
    BTA-01 Alert.
    Alternators Ricochet.

Hasbro's line up only consists of 3 different characters so to them it probably doesn't seem overused.

19. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Need more Alternators!!

NEED MORE!

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes... I know that... I was joking... Hence the :lol ??? :peoples: 
    Thank you for clearing that up... Apparently I wasn't getting through to everybody... :thumb