Alternators Decepticharge/Dragstrip

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by REDLINE, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does this guy have knees that bend? Because on mine he looks as if he has knee joints, but they are super stiff and I'm afraid to try to turn them too hard. :huh

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    YES he has knees... he has good articulation.

Andy

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hehe. scanner. awesome.

4. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just call him Decepticharge, cuz that's what the box says...but I see where the Megatron reference comes from...But Thrust...NOOO...That just bothers me....Thrust was my first G1 Seeker, even before Starscream, so someone says Thrust, I think Marroon, NOT mustard/McDonalds Yellow...

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

Mine seems to have knees, but they are ultra freakin tight. If they move, they're gonna take a lot of pressure to move them..

Also, I'm assuming my Decepticharge came in the Prowl wave(as I got them both at the same time), but he still has a pencil neck. Oh, well...

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Anyone else have problems with the black paint apps on D-charge's head? Mine were quite uneven and generally really sloppy. I touched it up with a black Sharpie, but it still isn't as perfect looking as I'd like it to be. :thumbdown 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah the black areas on my D-charge's head are pretty sloppy too. And his right arm where it connects to the Wheel joint is super-loose. :( 

8. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

Mine too, head paint apps were SloPpy!

9. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of my favorite Alt's so far. Glad to have him and now I can sit back and wait until Skids and Sunstreaker come out because I'm full 1-15 complete.

10. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll be damned..he DOES have knees! And until i got Decepticharge, I thought my Windchargers shoulders didn't move either.
    That's what I get for never reading instructions, I guess.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm always amazed how much difference a remold and a new paint job can make in the Alternators line. To quote Moe the bartender: "Decepticharge makes Windcharger look like a pile of puke!"

My D-charge (I'm inclined to call himDrag Strip as well) seems to have come off lucky in the quality control department. I like the black and metallic yellow colors. He has a little bit of a 'pencil neck' issue, but not bad really, unless you look at him from an angle that exposes the neck from the side or some such.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Got D.Charge same time as Prowl this afternoon.

Vehicle mode: I dig the yellow coloring...definitely great for Dragstrip (who I still think it was inteded to be, and what I will call it like I call Meister Jazz, Shockblast Shockwave, etc.). The racing decals are a nice touch. I do wish te 'raod grime' was still included, I thought it looked pretty cool. I understand why some didn't like it though...

Robot Mode: Besides the obvious changes, it's not too different from Windcharger. The remolded head is awesome, and the spoiler splitting down the middle to aid in the transformation sequence is a nice touch.

I do wish some sort or weapon was able to be included. Like I said in my feedback of Prowl, I've never bitched about the castration of Windcharger and Decepticharge's weapons, but war machines should have weapons. I've always been happy thinking of Windcharger's weapon as the magnetic tracor beam thingey he had in The Ultimate Doom when he pulled Bumblebee up from the chasm, but Drag Strip is a Decepticon and should be able to blow stuff up! :lol 

Overall, the changes are nice, but it's not that much different from Windcharger to get a much higher grade. I give both the S2000s B- due to crappy leg articulation.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I just got this guy today and found him very satisfactory. I couldn't find a spot to store his mini black top part but ah well.