Alternator Skids

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Dec 9, 2005.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just got him today, my first Alternator.

He is awesome. It's cool to have a TF that isn't your standard sports car or truck or whatever. I actually like Scions so his alt mode is pretty cool to me, and it is a great reproduction of it. The detailing on it is phenomenal, what with him having a freaking interior. The wheels (which are rubber ftw) turning is a nice touch, as is having the trunk, doors, hood open (and the engine/gun is yet another cool feature for the line).

Can't say anything about the transformation as I'm not quite ready to give it a shot yet since it seems to be a nice challenge (which will be oh so satisfying).

Just all in all a great figure, and makes me wish I hadn't passed on the line while things were more readily available (I wasn't collecting at the time and couldn't bring myself to pick any up), as it is just a marvel of TF engineering.

2. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    And Hasbro continues to show me they suck at instructions.

When you lift the back of the car and fold it up or whatever...step 3 on the sheet, it shows it laying flat with the back hatch sticking up with the flat side towards the front of the car. How the hell do you get it to do that..it feels like the damn thing is gonna snap off when I try doing it.

;_;

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
  5. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I saw this thread about a month ago when I got my Alt Skids and wanted to post but I didn't wanna bump a post that was like 2 years old haha.

Before Skids though I wasn't really buying the alternators line, but he was 9 bucks and he totally changed my mind and turned me on to the line. The only problem is that all alts are pretty expensive now on sites and ebay, so I'll probably end up sticking with Skids as my one and only :( 

6. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Skids is pretty neat and really underrated. His vehicle mode is definately not the finest of the fine but ya gotta at least appreciate that he's so different. His bot mode is stellar- I'd really love to see a repaint of that one. Ironhide being the obvious one but I did see a kitbash made up as Cosmos somewhere. It was truly inspired.

7. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    He is my first Alternator, too. I really enjoy transforming him and noticed the same ankle joint problem, plus my front seats keep falling out. Has anyone else had this problem?

I do really like him though and am seeking out as many as I can find. My girlfriend's mother found Ricochet, Rumble, and Ravage this weekend and bought them for me, I cannot wait to get them.

8. drewb99

drewb99 Active Member

I didn't see it at first when I got him, but now I think I get why people think he looks like Ironhide.

[​IMG]