Alternative Movie Following DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShockwaveCannon, Sep 1, 2019.

1. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    We’ve seen the immense amount of hate AOE got critically and on this website. So, I was wondering rather than AOE, if the fourth movie STILL FOLLOWED the events of DOTM and WASNT a reboot what would you have liked to have happened instead? SOME of the things I’d do would be:

1. The movie should take place shortly after the Battle of Chicago, and still follow the plot of humans being against Autobots, but have a diff plot to Transformium.

2. Keep the same cast as before

3. Megatron revived as Galvatron but in a different way, none of that Transformium stuff.

(Have a lot more ideas but don’t have time to write them all)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

This would be pretty much the absolute maximum of what I'd keep.

Apart from that, I'd establish that Cybertron was destroyed in the collapse of the Space Bridge, leaving the surviving TFs permanently stranded on Earth...and ratcheting up global tensions over their continued presence here even further. To avoid going to war over it, the U.S. banishes the Autobots from its territory and agrees to dispose of the the remaining Cybertronian technology in its possession. This does not stop a hostile foreign concern from getting its hands on the stuff 15 years later, though, and the Feds turn to a widowed and scraggly-bearded William Lennox, who's been raising his now-teenaged daughter alone on the U.S.-Canada border, to help them track down Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the remaining 'Bots to put an end to the enemy's supply lines. However, this turns out to be merely a ruse, as Lennox ultimately discovers - the entire operation is in fact a trap by which Lennox's new superiors intend to both expose the 'Bots to capture and execution AND deliberately set off an international incident, and all the signs are starting to point to Decepticon infiltration of the government...

• Like Like x 3
  4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Similar to The Wolverine and a bit like Logan, after X-Men: The Last Stand. With Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Leadfoot, Roadbuster, and Brains are the only Autobots who return. Sam and Carly are killed by Attinger, Savoy, and Cemetary Wind for being Pro-Autobot. Lots of Anti-Transformers protests shown after the Battle of Chicago. Smokescreen, a boxer, and Dinobots the only new Autobots. Lockdown and The Creators are same, the seed is the same, Galvatron and the KSI bots kept the same. Similar to what that guy said he originally pitched for Age Of Extinction.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    I didn’t have time to read it all but there was some good stuff there, I liked how you made the Decepticons strong, unlike Bay who essentially made most of them into bowling pins. I also liked how it was unpredictable, something I look for most in a movie which is one of the reasons why DOTM is my favourite.

6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I don't think Age of Extinction was a drop in quality compared to the first three films. I actually thought it was an improvement in some areas.

With that said, I don't think there would have realistically been a better DotM sequel than the finished film. Sure, there is ALWAYS room for improvement in any film series, and there are little things that could have been better here or there, but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have been much better.

Nor do I think there is an imaginary fan-made film that would have been better. There is no imaginary fan-pleasing direction that would have made for a better fourth movie in terms of narrative. Not a movie featuring the Witwickies and N.E.S.T. Not a more Dinobot-centered film that we were never promised; I love the Dinobots in most TF fiction, but hearing "Me, Grimlock!" would not have made it better. Not a Transformers 4 featuring Unicron. Not a more traditional Autobot vs. Decepticon conflict, or a more family friendly group of Autobots. Not a movie featuring Sideswipe and Dino instead of Drift and Crosshairs. Certainly not that Skyquake idea from years ago. I have seen a total of ZERO fan ideas for fourth films that would have been better.

If anything, I think it was the most logical direction to take, as it was went in a new, arguably surprising direction while also being heavily rooted in DotM. While I have enjoyed every theatrical TF film in existence so far, of all six live action films I think AoE was the only one that pleasantly surprised me. Maybe DotM slightly as well, but the others were about what I expected.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Pretty much the core behind what I wrote was to keep the spirit of the Autobot/Decepticon conflict going, since despite what others might think, without that the franchise simply doesn't work - even Rescue Bots paid the Great War proper respect by acknowledging it as the reason they were stuck in stasis for so long. Likewise, the robots need to be treated as characters and thus I chose Lugnut, one of my favorite 'newer' additions to the franchise as a 'legacy' type character, because he's super easy to milk a ton of character out of because his defining trait beyond size and Punch of Kill Everything is 'worships Megatron like a god' so you can have amusing moments like Lugnut adjusting Megatron's lopsided head like adjusting a fine work of art. Other minor touches that emphasize simple but effective worldbuilding is the 'tour' of the NEST facility that shows Autobots and humans living together and participating in activities, such as the massive game controller allowing an Autobot to play against a human in a fighting game like Street Fighter or something.

I personally don't like the idea of The Creators at all and I acknowledge that one of my biggest criticisms about AoE - there is no way to reconcile The Creators at the same time you have something like The AllSpark - is not addressed by my proposed alternate film, but since the concept is improving what AoE gave me to work with as opposed to simply eliminating what I didn't like wholesale, I had to skip trying to cram any kind of explanation about that. Frankly, I'd just solve the problem by saying The Creators were the Quintessons who made the AllSpark and Cybertron itself, an automated production system to produce the Transformers as part of their ongoing war with the Vok, but for undisclosed reasons Cybertron fell out of their control. This would be addressed in a theoretical fifth film, naturally. For my take on AoE, they're merely experimenting with the laser to make the metal and end up having to kill all the dinosaurs that became dinobots, which in the fifth film would be implied to have been a trial run for the automated robot making project that eventually birthed Cybertron and the first Primes - which itself ties back into how KSI is able to make their own Transformers as they stumbled into essentially the same process the Quints came up with, but KSI has cybertronian technology to give them a massive boost whereas the Quints had to do it all from scratch so many billions of years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Does AoE get that much more hate than the other Bay movies?

• Like Like x 1
  9. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In my opinion the concept behind AoE is pretty good. Just like with the other movies however its execution was poor. So I really liked the idea of humans making their own transformers.

TLK is king in that category.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

Why couldn't it just be the government hunting Transformers and making drones?

What's the point of this stupid Yaeger family, or Tessa's boyfriend, or showing the inner workings of the KSI company, or the Creators?

For that matter, even if you like Lockdown, Galvatron, or the Dinobots, other than cool designs, what character traits do they really have?

And what's the point of a sequel at all? DotM was a perfect finale that worked its way up the chain of command: Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Megatron, Sentinel Prime, and in that order. It's simple and effective. What even the hell is the new chain of command leading to Quintessa?

• Like Like x 2
  11. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

some may disagree but i think aoe had the worst cg

my biggest complaint with it is that a lot of the characters really didn't feel like part of the environment. idk what it's called but usually they add some type of layering to help cg blend with the environment.

idk maybe i just felt the cg models had way more saturation than the environments

• Like Like x 2
  12. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    I get what you mean. They looked WAY too saturated that they didn’t “blend in” like how they did in the other movies. Too bright, too shiny. Didn’t look believable. Don’t get me wrong though, they make for really good screensavers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Edit: Accidentally deleted my original post.

Story wise, AOE was chock full of interesting ideas. The problem was there were too many of them for a single film to properly explore. Any one of the subplots could have made for a movie of its own.

If I were to rewrite AOE, I'd play into the whole extinction angle and the existential dread that comes with it. The Transformers are homeless, the source of their life is gone, and Cemetery Wind is hell bent on wiping out the last survivors of their species. Burdened by the memories of wartime brutality, the humans' betrayal, and the fast approaching death of their kind, the Autobots scramble to survive in a universe that has no place for them anymore.

Meanwhile, Lockdown helps Cemetery Wind hunt the Autobots down. He is a callous, nihilistic turncoat, who has long since lost hope for the survival of his people. But rather than run from the inevitable end, Lockdown chooses to ignore it entirely, throwing himself headlong into the thrill of the hunt. As long as he stays alive and collects his trophies, he can live with it.

In this, he serves as a dark mirror to Optimus Prime, who is rapidly spiraling into despair. After the battle of Chicago, the Matrix stopped responding to him. Optimus believes himself unworthy of it, having slain his mentor and led his race to a slow, agonizing death. But, all is not lost, for the Matrix still lives and where there is life, there is hope. Optimus' quest in the film would be to become worthy of bearing the Matrix again, securing a future for his people and restoring his faith in humanity.

All references to KSI, the Seed, the Creators, Galvatron, and Transformium would be removed.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    That's what I was thinking as well. Even I didn't care for that movie...
    I agree. Maybe I'm mistaking, but I thought DotM had the shortest time from previous movie but the best effects. On the other hand, AoE had the longest time between movies, and theoretically the most prep time, but the worst CGI. I'm not sure, that's what it felt like to me...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

So the Rescue Bots being in stasis because of the war is "proper respect" to the Great War, but AoE is not? Because AoE has TONS of references and roots in the Great War and even continues the war. KSI was melting down DECEPTICONS. It was downloading the minds of DECEPTICONS. Megatron was behind KSI building their bots, and he was a DECEPTICON, and is even mentioned by Cade as, "The Decepticon who started the Chicago war." Lockdown saw it as his job to hunt down both Autobots and Decepticons, as he saw the Great War as being a blight on the universe. Galvatron and his drones are Decepticons. Cemetery Wind was hunting the Autobots and Prime under the guise of hunting Decepticons. They passed the remains of Ratchet to KSI as being those of a Decepticon!

I can understand someone not liking AoE, but to imply that AoE had nothing to do with the Great War is ludicrous.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Wrong.

Almost everyone I’ve seen here would agree with you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

which one do you think had the worst?