Customs: Alt Wheeljack into Barricade info?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by elbosenasoles, May 4, 2009.

1. elbosenasoles

elbosenasoles Doobie doobie doo

So, hating the look of the movie Barricade figure, I've been considering to do a mod of Alternators Wheeljack into Barricade. The only bit of info I've been able to track down was a pic on, if I remember correctly, a photobucket page from someone who has done this. However, no info on the mod was provided. I guess what I'm looking for is a bit of assistance on how to go about getting the necessary decals and how to switch the head/which Barricade head may work and look best for the swap, if any.

There seem to be good things spoken of Reprolabels (right name?) here on the forums, so I figured I could probably go that route for decals. But the only modding I've done has been repaints, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to actually removing and reattaching other parts to Transformers. If anyone may be able to supply me with some assistance on this possible mod it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the head comes of simply by removing the screw in the back of it. that's it. head removals are easy. As for a new head, there isn't a Barricade head that is a voyager size, so you'd most likely have to modify a head yourself to pull that part off. Easiest way to do that would be to find a head that is the right size and also has the basic shape of Barricade's helmet (overall shape, not fine detail shape) and then cut/trim/putty work to do the rest.

3. elbosenasoles

Thank you very much for the information! Sculpting a head from scratch sounds a tad complex, since I haven't ventured past repaints yet. Though it also sounds quite fun, if I can pull it off.

4. REDLINE

News Credits:
    oh it is. and rewarding. Give it a shot. :)  I think it is always a good thing to push your own boundaries. You can't get good at it without actually practicing it, so just do it. You'll only get better at it, and then you'll open up a lot more possibilities for yourself.

5. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    You could use the Robot replica Barricade's head. Its about the right size, but you'd have to mod it to fit the neck ball joint.

Attached Files:

6. elbosenasoles

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a look at this one, maybe it's me/the pics/the paint job, but that head just seems to look almost silly. Though if it's the right size and shape it may be worth it to play around with? Well thanks again for the info!

***update*** Found some better pics of close-ups on the robot replica Barricade and the head isn't looking to bad. Might be a go for me!

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    something to keep in mind is aesthetics. straight from their packages, a movie head and an alternator body, especially the Mustang mold, have completely different aesthetics, and will clash. I would either simplify the movie head's design to be more Alternators like, or add a ton of details to the robot parts of the Alternator body.

8. elbosenasoles

This is something that has been troubling me a little bit. The Alt mustang body, to me, is a better looking mold than the movie Barricade, however it lacks that 'Barricade' feel to it as well. Hmm, may have to do some photoshopping to get an idea of what can possibly be done. Thanks for bringing this up though, it's definately worth noting before I jump into it without too many of the details hammered out.