Heavy/Scratch: Alt Ultra Magnus: Update 01.5

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Since the only thing I managed to do was fix the first arm, there's really nothing new to show off.

However, I do have a question. I've been looking at Magnus, and I'm rather fond of his current proportions. However, lengthened legs might be useful for the new transformation, and it'd be really awesome for this guy to loom over the other Alts (Sadly, these three are the only ones making up my collection. ^^;) .

So yush, what's the general consensus? Longer thighs, or is he fine as is? o.o

Attached Files:

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I have to agree, the longer legs works for Magnus. He should be at least a little taller than Prime.

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    As is, a stock Op's head reaches Magnus' shoulders, but I suppose a quick extension mod'd mess that up, huh?

*ponder*

I think I could probably get a good extra 1/2 inch of height. That oughta do it, nuh?

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I think he should be taller, but lengthening the thighs without bulking them up is going to make him look spindly. I'd leave him as is if you don't want to bulk them up (maybe add styrene sheeting? but then you'll have to enlarge the groove on the lower legs)

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Threw in a quick digibash of lengthened Magnus. Since there's not going to be a huge amount added, I don't think we have to worry about a spindly bot. o.o

But now the chest is starting to bug me. Methinks I ought to get back to work on that collapsing unit for the chest. >.>

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I don't think you should extend the legs any more... (as in the digibash). They look fine in the first pic, and he's bigger than Prime as he is.

Plus, the longer you make his legs at this point, the shorter you make his torso look.

This bash is looking good... I'm surprised how well the RID head fits on that mold.

Are you planning on beefing up the upper arms at all? With the kibble gone, they really look undersized for the bulk of the figure.

zmog

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Added another shot, with the chest raised the way I want it - does this fix the short torso issue? o.o

As for beefing up the arms, the headlight/door setup always bugged me because it impeded on the arms' range of movement. All that's moving on the back now, and I don't have much room to beef up the arms and still have them fit in the truck.

EDIT: Threw in a shot of the current state of his alt mode.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Not for me. The jacked up torso looks good, but I still think you should keep the legs at just the normal extended position...

But then, I find a lot of recent transformers have this "short torso" thing going, so the look of it may not bug you as much as it bugs me. :) 

zmog

9. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With that mod the thighs seem too spindly compared to the rest in my opinion. Still pretty cool though

JL