Alt. Skids/Sunstreaker look SO cheap...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unafraid, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

Compared to thier BT counterparts they look "cheap"
    I have the BT's ..i was tempted to get the alts, but i saw them in the stores and that was my first impression..not worth spending $30.00 CAN extra.
    (the only alts i have are the unique ones..decipticharge and swerve...they are lighter than their equvilent BT's also..which is expected since no metal)

But, if you do not want the BT's, can't afford the price, or don't like the different paint aps..the alt versions are great!
    They still are an amazing product.

it is just a matter of preference

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nuh uh. vintage skids was actually shortpacked even.

3. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Maybe in Malaysia, but not in North America. :) 

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Geewun Skids was an ugly runt whose mother hit him.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, for real. vintage g1 skids was actually packed 1 to 2 ratio. at least thats what the cybertronian recognition guide by doug dlin/harold tietsjen tells me.

6. trueno92

trueno92 Active Member

for myself. i really think PROWL got short shifted with the baby-blue-ish-grey on the alternator version where dark grey is on binal-tech.

having him in robot form up against my WheelJack Binaltech makes Prowl look like his is a GOBOT....

7. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Turn the legs around, Prowl will look way better!

8. trueno92

trueno92 Active Member

yep, did it, poses way better too, but i just can't getover the baby blue for the interior of the car in car mode and the casing around his head in robot mode... just WRONG.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what you're saying is, because a figure is ever so slightly misaligned in package, it's a KO? Riiiiight.

And I get it, the flames aren't your thing. Again, what specifically leads you to believe a paint app that isn't to your taste makes the toy a knockoff?

10. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Not slightly misaligned, TOTALLY misaligned. You really love your Skids eh to defend it 'til your face turns blue? :p 

11. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Is that THE only Skids you saw that was misaligned? I have one MISB and it's perfect...

Perhaps you didn't know that Skids wasn't packed with that thin plastic that keeps together the Alts. like other previous packages and it was most likely mishandled during shipment... not that Skids is misaligned...

12. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Both the Skids I saw were misaligned. That said, I still maintain it's the best Alternator/BT mold released so far.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

What happened to Tracks you say?

Absolutely nothing.

I bought a white box Tracks today because my red box one had a warped peg on it. After an in-depth comparison between the two I can conclude that the plastic on both are just as sparkly. The only difference I could spot was that the new Tracks has black tires while the old one has dark grey tires. If not for that you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. I can take pictures but the picture quality probably wouldn't be good enough to even show the sparkle. I admit that in the store it also looked a bit duller but I'm betting it's probably because of having two layers of plastic over it as opposed to just one.

14. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

hey KA, what are some examples of how that displayed (in the comic, I presume)

I'm curious and never read the Marvel comics.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its pratically in his tech spec:

"Profile: Skids has a tendency to bump into things, which, at speeds of 60 mph, can be a very unhealthy habit. It's not that he's reckless... he's just a bit of a daydreamer. His analyzer circuitry is frequently pondering some arcane data about Earthen life forms rather than the Decepticons' latest attack. Usually he can rouse himself out of his daze before it's too late, as evidenced by the screeching of his suddenly applied brakes when he's in his car mode. Given his former career on Cybertron as an anthropologist and researcher, he considers his new home - Earth - to be one vast laboratory of limitless opportunity. In fact, it would be perfect if it weren't for the war's interference. Often, his findings are of invaluable assistance to his fellow Autobots. "Sometimes I wonder if he knows who we're fighting," says Gears. Sometimes Skids wonders too."

he's into earth culture, but more as an info geek.