Allspark Almanac Vol. II *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    im guessing its not allowed to scan some pics? :p 

2. atreyu2112

atreyu2112 Well-Known Member

We SO need season 3 on DVD! What can we do do get this done? A year AFTER the show is cancelled the toys are still selling, this book comes out... WTF? It doesn't cost THAT much to author a DVD and press it. I bet you Bay doesn't want it and that's the bottom line

Bill Forster - the book is F'N amazing. Best book I have bought in a LONG time (and no, it's not the only one haha). You all put a LOT of love into the series and it's what brought me back to TF fandom. I am grateful and it's a damn shame that we couldn't get it done right and have a season 4.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I need to get to the comic store!

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I have the truth!!!! The season four premises are here!!! From AllSpark Forums: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70553&st=100

5. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Man, this sounds like it has so much more unseen and might-have-been stuff than I was even hoping. DCBS (Discount Comic Book Service) sent mine with my monthly comics shipment yesterday, so I won't be opening it until middle of next week, but I really can't wait to dig in.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like the bio for Roddy and Cyclonus. My comic shop doesn't have it and Amazon isn't shipping till a few weeks.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    According to AllSpark forums, Cyclonus is
    from a future where Megatron has been upgraded into Galvatron.[/spoil]

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice!

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you telling me, if we got season 4, we would of gotten shattered glass animated? i'm going to go cry now cause that would of been a FANTASTIC season

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You still going on about this?

Seriously this guy called me a few days ago to rant about he wanted season 3 on DVD. :lolol 

But I want season 3 on DVD too, please Hasbro! Please CN, Please HUb, anybody?

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys, please quit VMing or PMing me for scans or really specific info like quoting whole pages of the book. I'm not giving you them. Buy the book. And if you're buying the book but it hasn't gotten there yet, the details I provided in my initial post should be more than enough to tide you over. Gotta have some surprises left, right?

And if you're not buying the book for whatever reason, then, well, tough. I want as many people as possible to buy this awesome Almanac, and dispensing all the info all over the Internet will decrease how much people want it.

12. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. No matter how much we hate it (and I personally really, REALLY HATE IT) it would seem that a good number of us won't be getting our Almanacs until the 13th of July (depending on where you ordered it from), with the few tidbits that have been revealed in this thread, I already feel like I know too much, and I still want to be surprised for when I finally get my copy of the Almanac. So until July 13th, everyone should refrain from posting any further spoilers. That, or just avoid this thread altogether until you get your own Almanac. It would be easier to do the latter.

13. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

Ugh, from what I heard season 4 wouldn't have been lack luster to our expectations. We would have needed a season 5 really badly to give us a proper ending. Well, hopefully this book can bring us some closure. Seriously though, replacing Sari and Bulk for a movie- based team, no Predacon storyline, (wtf, Waspy had PLANS), poor Ultra dying...

Tragic loss of MIRROR MIRROR. Oh I'd sold my soul for that.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ^ There could've been a Predacon episode, they might not have gotten to working on that by the time they figured they were canceled. There's only 11 Season 4 episodes listed (3 part Season premier and 2 part Season finale) so that leaves 2 extra episodes that they probably didn't get around to working on

15. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i got my copy yesterday! its fantastic!

As before, there's episode guides and character profiles (written in an in universe style) and production notes.

What really sells the book is the copious amounts of character designs for all those cybertronian crowd scenes that had you going "look!its him and him and that guy!" which are awesome! There's also designs for characters that would have featured in season 4 - i am particularly fond of lickety split and the one that clearly turns into a dalek!

There is also a substantial section on the design and execution of the toyline,including early prototypes,resin sculpts and stuff like that that gives a suprisingly fascinating over view of how a toyline is put together.

Its a cracking book and has a real celebratory feel to it. The afterword by aaron archer reveals (to me at least) how much hasbro do actually care about transformers and really wanted animated to succeed. Maybe it would have,had the movies not dominated at retail. Its quite a sad note on which to end the tome, given that animated could have delivered (in the words of the Tenth Doctor) "so much more".

It shall be greatly missed by me, and here's hoping hasbro will find an avenue for those final few toys.

I really wish i could afford auto assembly this year,just so i could say 'thank you' to derrick wyatt.

16. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, I wish we'd seen some of this come to fruition, or got it released in Comic form (which obviously won't happen now). Glad to see Bulkhead/Sari weren't totally written out as it initially sounded like on this thread.

Glad to hear Magnus died, making Shockwave all that more menacing!

17. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

Have you been reading our qoutes? Some of us are physically unable to GET the books that we'd Gladly spend lots of money on. However we want the book NOW, but can't get it and our desperate for some info. A lot of us have been screwd over. I paid for over night shipping but thanks to July 4 they won't ship my book out for a week. So excuse us for those dying to read it because we love Animated and this is our last piece of the show. It's a horrible cliche but for a year we've been starving and now people are getting cakes and biscuits before us. YEAH, I think it's expected we're ticked.

18. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Too.....awesome.....must buy.....

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I've read the entire thread. Sorry, but again-- tough. I don't want a lot of this stuff being posted everywhere on the Internet, and to be honest I don't know a lot of the requesters (...is that a word? well, now it is) well enough to take them at their word.

We've been waiting about 5-6 months for this since its announcement, you can wait a few more weeks. Again, I gave a fairly thorough rundown of the unexpected new stuff earlier in this thread. I'm not going to spoil everything ahead of time.

20. Afterburn96

Afterburn96 Active Member

Well, I live in Veneuela. I doubt that the Almanac gets here.