allocating resources

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i am interested in hearing what you guys are planning on buying (stuff available through first quarter 2013) or have bought recently, but also what did you pass on that you really wanted but just had to say no. what made you go one way and not the other? basically how are you allocaing your transformers dedicated resources and why? what made the cut, what didnt?

EDIT 11/30/13: Its been a year. since this original post. How did things work out for you? Did you get what you expected to? What were you forced to cut and what did you make sure to get ahold of?

What about the large build up of things that should be hitting soon or early next year? What will you get and what will be cut?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Soundwave and all his minions got cut for now. I just can't spare that much cash right now.

3. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

I dropped the Prime line like a bad habit. Sold off my extensive collection. Also sold WFC figures and refuse to go near FOC despite the fact that I must say its a cool line.

Cash is tight and this is going to be a challenge. These will bring me through the 1st quarter of next year or so. MP Soundwave & minions, FP City Commander, Maketoys Giant and/or TFC Hercules (both would be nice but unlikely), Encore Fort Max, MP-11 (never got around to him yet), Hexatron. They're going to hold all of my money for at least the next 5 or 6 months. No room to buy anything else. Must have everything I just listed there despite what it adds out to cost me.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I had to drop all the mps that have come out and postpone some 3rd party items i have an interest in to save up for Encore fort max. I have my eyes on one more Transformer purchase than no more until after i have fort max.

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Hasbro did half the work for me with some very lackluster mainline offerings in the next few months, and Encore Fortress Maximus isn't on my radar.

Beyond that, i'm current on Masterpiece and my 3P wants, but if something goes amiss Masterpieces will take first priority.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i already paid for mp sideswipe, red alert, soundwave, and tfc #1 and 2.

next up on my list to pay off before are released are tfc silverbolt, and the cassette 2 packs. those are must haves.

fortress maximus and that black mp-10 are going to be possible casualties for me.

hexatron is a must have when he shows up as well as the fp stunticons so those could interfere with the fort max release.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I dropped 3rd party items for the most part. They're cool, but way too expensive.

A few years ago, I sold much of my Unicron Trilogy figures to help fund my G1 collection. I also got rid of most of my G.I. Joes to put towards my G1s as well.

Smaller things such as passing on TF: Prime Rumble I still see as crucial. That's one of those figures that's really cool in both modes, but it would just have no place in my collection.

Beast Hunters is looking like a pass for me as well. TF: Prime has been a bit of an indulgence (especially with troop building Vehicons), but next year will see me cut that out as well.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

I mainly buy Transformers and save by not buying girl toys, Star Wars, GI Joe, MOTU, TMNT, DC, etc.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i cut out foc and prime, back to g1, 3rd party and mps.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nearly when I first started back into TFs in 1999, I made a decision that I would only get TFs. I've always enjoyed many different brands and fiction, but my one line would be TFs. I've [mostly] stuck to that. Every so often, I'll make a non-TF purchase. They're just very few and far between.

11. yummehcheese

yummehcheese Well-Known Member

I cut Bayverse toys, and Deluxe Prime toys Transformer wise, but I stopped buying video games and Star Wars stuff to put all my money towards MP's, Generations, limited editions and G1.

In the past six months, I've bought 4 MP's, Generations wave 1-2, Prime Voyager wave 1-2, 25th Anniversary Unicron and Year of the Dragon Prime. As well as some G1

Fort Max is out of the question. Way too expensive and space consuming, I need to save for MP Soundwave.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Luckily i made my GI Joe collection very complete before moving into Transformers. :)  i dont have much joe stuff left on my list at all.

Those were the big two for me as a kid.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

just curious, what prompted you to buy year of the dragon prime? youre talking about cutting all kinds of stuff, but he made the cut. what was it about him?

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The only things currently getting my money are Masterpieces (4 x Soundwave on pre-order, hehe), select G1 Encores and still hunting down a couple of Classics Universe figures I missed. The Prime & FOC lines crashed and burned upon arrival, and nothing any 3rd party is doing is really interesting me... at least not enough to justify paying their inane prices.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Why 4?

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

If you're entering a race against Transfan2, victory is impossible.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I just love Soundwave that much. Want two for display purposes (bot & alt modes), one to keep MISB, and one to keep on my desk and fiddle around with alongside his G1 counterpart. This is basically THE Masterpiece I've been waiting for since MP-01 showed up. And yes, I'll even re-buy it if Hasbro decide to release their own version.

Will do exactly the same thing with an MP Shockwave should it ever get made.

Who? No race - we all have favorite characters and those two happen to be mine.

18. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually just cancelled a bunch of stuff. Am rumble and frenzy, FP Assaulter, some non-TF stuff. I may cancel the MMC Annihilator, since I could use that $100 for something else but I really want that guy, so I'm struggling with that one. MP Soundwave is a must, and the Maketoys yellow giant sets I ordered are a must too. I've been salivating over that guy for too damn long.

I also spastically jumped on Henkei UM at TFSource for their Black Friday deal, which I am kind of regretting. I may ask them to cancel it, but it would be the second time I've ordered and cancelled that figure from them so they probably won't be too fond of the idea, lol.

19. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

I definitely plan on getting all of the FoC figures, and a MP Sideswipe. I really want to get Soundwave and the extra cassettes, but I may end up waiting on him for a while depending on funds. If, by some magic happenstance, I manage to be swimming in cash that can be used extra frivolously, I might get MP-08X and thus own all three releases of MP Grimlock.

20. mastermega

mastermega terrorcon

I've cut on hasbro releases in general, FOC is a bit dissapointing to me, so are the prime figures I've bought a few to justify the trip and not return home empty handed, now that the beast hunters line is coming out my trips have ended, for now.

In my bbts loot I have assaulter, mp sideswipe, hench, ufo, and the 3 uranos members.

For next year I'm focusing on MP soundwave and fort max and anything 3rd party I like. I'm debating with myself if I preorder GT series star saber.