All Transformers Games Delisted from Steam and PSN.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well I mean their first few games after TWD (TWD 2, TWAU 1,Tales From the Borderlands, and Minecraft 1) sold pretty well, but then their CEO fucked things up with some of their future games (GoT 1, TWD Michonne, and TWD 3), but now they've got a new CEO and their games are getting much higher sales (Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman 1 and 2, and Minecraft 2).

And the episodic/storytelling over gameplay genre is nowhere near dead. Check out indie hits like Oxenfree, Life is Strange, and Night in The Woods, which all sold very well. I mean yeah, Transformers are mostly about the action, don't get me wrong, but one game that finally focuses on story over gameplay could really work.

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Just the thought a heavy story centric Transformers game..

• Like Like x 1
  3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never understood this. I mean, I can buy ancient games on Steam whose producing companies not only expired, they don\'t even exist anymore.
    So yeah, this is one of the reasons I prefer to buy a physical copy of games. I don\'t like to buy digital stuff that might not be playeable anymore in 10 years due to various legal nonsense.

Yeah, like I want the people who ruined and then promptly killed off my favourite TBS franchise, Heroes of Might and Magic, anywhere near Transformers... :rolleyes: 

This is why I ended up pirating games I even OWNED... case in point, HOMM VI and its terrible "always online" Ubiplay or whatever protection. After 2 days of the game just stopping because their terrible server disconnects every 10 minutes, losing saving games, plus terrible load times, I just uninstalled it and downloaded a cracked version.

It has been over for years. Rise of the Dark Spark was the last proper TF game, and when was that, 2014? Anything that came since then are crappy mobile games, none of them any good.
    EDIT: I totally forgot about Devastation... mostly because it is so forgettable. I mean, it is like the PS2 Transformers Tatakai game, just done with better graphics and controls. It's a button-mashing beat-em-up with invisible walls and hordes of clone enemies. I played it for literally 2 hours before losing interest.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Err there was that one with devastator in it

• Like Like x 1
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devastation, yes. I edited my post above... As I said there, the game was so forgettable I literally forgot it existed.

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Until there's some kind of gambling law enforced on freemium mobile games, I don't see Hasbro making any more console games. Mobile games just end up making more money with those microtransactions and ads. It also doesn't help that Transformers mobile games have consistently been on top charts with decent reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Good, they don\'t deserve a place with console games anyways. I refuse to play another activision game after this horrible ride they gave me. Can\'t believe I wasted my good childhood screwing with their dogshit TF games when I could\'ve played God of War, GTA, Shadow of the Colossus, etc. On PS2. If I could get nine years of my life back just to reset my gaming nostalgia, I would gladly do it.

8. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

I’d really like a Transformers Warriors game personally.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I really want a sequel for Devastation. That game didn't have enough playable characters to choose from. But at least Wheeljack, my favorite Autobot, made it into the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Lacks-a-Vision, sayonara; Helloooo EA and loot boxes!

I BET that will happen. Hasblo's mobile IP hasn't exactly been customer-friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone wants anything to do with EA after what Disney did.

12. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I don't want anything to do with EA after they killed my favorite game franchise MASS EFFECT.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Put em up again! I want to get devastation! I didn't before because my computer could barely even play mine-craft!

14. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    EA were only bad because they got caught injecting P2W mechanics into a premium title. Hasblo has been whoring out their IP, Games Workshop-style, to anyone on mobile, with just as many nefarious P2W mechanics as Battlefront.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they either concentrated solely on mobile/Freemium OR went full EA on consoles.

15. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or maybe they make enough from their toys :p 

16. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    So the video game contract expired?

Great! Now maybe Dena can make a platform version of their awesome Legends e-cards game!!! :D 

17. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since Hasbro can ask other companies to make games for them...

Transformers fighting game by Arc System Works with pure cartoon visuals anybody? ;) 

18. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    >Hasbro is not at this time discussing what, if any, plans it might have for Transformers games on PC and consoles in the future.

Translation: We just didn’t make enough money from console games like we wanted so we’re gonna go ahead and ditch that market, despite our consumers’ interests in more console games, for the mobile gaming market because we can implement a shit ton of micro transactions and make some money on the side from ads.

Hasbro knows there is interest in more Transformers console games yet they choose to ignore it. I understand that it’s expensive to make console games, given the technology of the PS4 and Xbox One, but it would be great if they would give us something. At the very least, they could have taken every Transformers game that was published by Activision, before their contract with them expired, and put them upon the console stores for PS4 and Xbox One.

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is there any other way to get the dlc? *wink* *wink*

I really wanted to own all these games, but If I can't get the whole package, why bother? All I own is ROTF with all it's DLC and a still sealed copy of Devastation for PS3.

Had I known Activision would be pulling the plug without any announcement, I would've bought all the DLC and games in an instant.

I hate this non-physical generation of gaming. The future sucks. At least with my older system games, pc games and their expansion packs, they don't up and fucking disappear into thin air.

20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I\'m assuming Hasbro actually wanted to continue the WFC/FOC saga, but couldn\'t after Highmoon ran into trouble, and Activision didn\'t care enough to contiue it, shame really.

Hopefully someone else can take up the IP on consoles and PC now, Ubisoft maybe. (Hey i would rather them than EA)