all the OYL questions (spoilers are a possibility)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone know where to find them, the who's left, died, pregnant exploded etc?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Yep, the first issue of 52! :p  But seriously, the wizard from two months ago had a few spoilers. Catman's pregnant. And the month before that there was an article with a questions and four possible answers. I haven't heard anything in the form of definate answers since.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no, thats what i wanted was the question with the 4 possible answers...i wanted to reread them and see what i think now that issue 4 is out..

4. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Is this anything like that Arnold Schwarzenegger flick JUNIOR?

5. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    hahahaha God, I hope not. But er.. I.. yeah.. wasn't a type, I was totally checking to make sure people were paying attention. *cough*

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    and by type you meant typo?

7. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    Found it in the "one year later..." thread.

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    thanks, i searched for that earlier, but it didnt find it...

9. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    haha... Yeah, that was a typo. But, to save myself a little, I'll get this back on topic(kinda)! So I'm flipping though the Wizard with the annual exam and the OYL questions and possible answers. So I'ma throw them out here and see what answers we have been given thus far.
    1.We know CatWOman gives birth
    2.Stripped of their powers for a year? Superman or Wonder Woman
    3.Green Arrow will become the major
    4.Who's gonna have amnesia? I'm thinking Martian Manhunter
    5.Who will be the most powerful DCU hero? I'm guessing Kyle Rayner as the "Ion"
    6.The villain in the eyes of the world? I'm going with Supes here, and it'll have something to do with the re-joining of the two Eaths
    7. The only Hero survives after Crisis? Nightwing
    8. The super team that doesn't survive the crisis? I'll take a stab and say, the JLA?
    9. Military's secret weapon? Wonder Woman, the only hero who'll kill a man
    10. Who destroys an entire country? Black Adam, he's gotta make a lasting impression on the DCU

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i think connor will be the one left...nightwing as dick will end, then someone will pickup the black and blue....

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, if the Blue Beetle preview is anything to go by, the one that remains will be Guy Gardner. :rock 

12. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

:( 

13. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Okay, update! (or at least, out of the stuff I've read so far) WITH SPOILERS, particularly for this week's issue of SUPERMAN...

One of these characters...

will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman or Oracle
    -- ANSWER: CATWOMAN

...will be stripped of their powers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern (Hal) -- ANSWER: SUPERMAN

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen -- ANSWER: OLIVER QUEEN

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man -- I think it's still unconfirmed, though we know that Aquaman has gone missing, Elongated Man shows up in 52, and MM & Atom are going to have new series.

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman Likely to be Ion, considering all the talk about it, but we do see Booster Gold being a really prominant hero in Metropolis during 52.

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel Not Superman, since he's still beloved by Metropolis as of OYL. Still unclear about the others.

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing Still unknown. It appears that Dick Grayson is still around and someone else is also Nightwing. Guy Gardner seems to still be running around according to some solicits.

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA, JLA, JLA, JLA --ANSWER: Too obvious.

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, John Stewart Don't know.

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac, Sinestro, Black Adam, Vandal Savage -- Unknown, but according to the Newsarama preview of the OYL GREEN LANTERN, Sinestro has gone missing.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    According to the most recent Previews, it is...

Hal

D'oh!

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

:banghead: 

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, now that's original...

As for everything else. Spoilers ahead.

- I like the idea of Nightwing being Jason Todd. However it won't seem to last as Solicitations for June say.
    - Green Arrow has me curious but not overly. I may read the book at Borders if I see it.
    - JLA is gone, good.
    - JSA doesn't seem to be very interesting lately. I may drop it. Only one affexted was Power Girl and she seems normal as of the 1 yr later issue. Also Alan (GL) seems kind of normal.
    - May pick up Wonder Woman to see how she handles a Themoscera-less world. Maybe they'll finally hook her up with someone.
    - Blue Beetle doesn't have me interested. Who cares about some kid with the scareb? Ted Kord was cool. Like a busch league Batman.
    - Superman and Batman have me semi-interested. Batman moreso with the new Bats. Superman has been kind of "meh".
    - Green Lantern has been on the right track. I hope this doesn't throw it off.
    - I like Kyle so I'll be getting Ion.
    - Secret Six has me interested because it's stupid for the villains to not work together.
    - That magic superteam that came from Day of Vengernce will probably suck. The only good thing from that series was the monkey.
    - Hawkgirl I am so-so on. I want to know what happened to Hawkman. The run has been fantastic since Jim and Justin took over. I hope this run can keep up the pace.

17. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I find the Jason Todd being Nightwing quite odd. Like, seemed like Dick Grayson was the Nightwing in Outsiders, but looks like Todd is Nightwing in 'Nightwing'. Oh well, that aside I'm enjoying the whole post crisis books thing so far.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, Hal's not evil, per se. He's simply perceived as evil in the eyes of the DCU. Guess it plays into the whole "you might want to watch your back on Oa, they're figuring it out, especially the vets" warning he got in #9.

Perhaps word gets out about the whole Hal = Parallax thing in the worst way possible and makes the people turn on him?

19. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man -- I think it's still unconfirmed, though we know that Aquaman has gone missing, Elongated Man shows up in 52, and MM & Atom are going to have new series.

Id bet dollars to dumb asses, that this is aquaman. that the aquaman we are now getting is the same aquaman we've always had, he just doesnt remember being the older version.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say I'd blame him. If I were Aquaman I'd want to forget about it, too. :p