All of the Worst by Hasbro and Takara

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Smirker, Dec 9, 2016.

1. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

@Autobot Burnout
    @NotRamjet97

Guys, girls and yee haws, calm down! If you want to 1v1 each other, GO PM EACH OTHER, it's the holidays, be in a good cheer!

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't think you know G1 Jetfire's origins do you?

At this point, I can only assume you're posting just to post.

I think you need to do your research on the original G1 Jetfire toy. Bandai may have made the earlier Macross toys after getting it from Takatoku toys, but Takata/Hasbro "borrowed" that and gave it that easily recognized red and black paint app for Jetfire. It still does not take away from the fact that Takara/Hasbro still made it. That's more or less it in a nutshell. So please, next time if you're going to make a statement, at least make sure it's something you know about. You're arguing with Autobot Burnout just to argue over something you clearly have no clue of what you're talking about.

3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I'm done. A bunch of toys aren't worth a stupid argument. I'm sorry.

4. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

I reckon this guy, too...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    The G2 Powermasters are about as crappy as they come...especially for the line that started us with ball jointed figured.

[​IMG]

6. BottleOfFuture

BottleOfFuture Weaponizer

Alternators Prime is pretty awful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Was going to post this guy, I picked him up as a teen at a time when I'd all but quit collecting and it took a couple of years for me to get back into Transformers. Such a shit toy.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Foc impactor
    Those fidly animated toys
    Generations Windblade
    Generations minicons
    And yes, RID Steeljaw

I quite like Foc Jazz, very expressive.

9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I hope we somehow get an Airachnid and Knockout in the Generations line eventually.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Knockout deserves a revisit in Generations style. I personally think the PRID toy is actually okay in terms of the design and articulation, his biggest flaw is Hasbro cutting triangles instead of corners out of his paint deco budget. But character wise he was one of the best things in that cartoon because he actually had personality and a taste of the finer things in life (like waxing his alt. mode and watching shitty drive-in B-movies in his spare time), combined with how he's one of the few Decepticon medics in the entire franchise - and the most recent one before him was an insect whose toy is best known for self-destructing knee joints rendering him unable to stand.

Airachnid is a stain on the franchise that needs to actually die. Her entire existence was nothing more than an attempt to make a Black Arachnia expy without anything actually about BA besides the whole black widow theme - evidenced by how she barely ever transformed into the heli mode while her extendy-legs gimmick seemed more the intended 'transformation' of the character. There isn't a single reason why Airachnid deserves a coveted Generations update over Cybertron Thunderblast. Unless Takara can do something utterly absurd with that amazing portrayal in the Arms Micron adaption where she wanted to add Jack to her harem of men - it's so stupid yet I vastly prefer Japanese Airachnid because of that corny line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    The G1 toys like the Duocons and Battlechargers I kinda give a pass on because the were kinda built around a gimmick.

The ones that make me mad are the figure's that are bad when compared to the other toys in that line...for example...you get Prime deluxes that are all pretty good and then here comes Airachnid...or TM Scourge who is a mess of legs and eventually flaking chrome.

12. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I only collect MP scale so I'm just going to say Tracks. He has a lot of good things going, but it's definitely the worst one I own.
    The design is "Full of holes" so to speak

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The Beasthunters Grimwing mold. That could have been a very good toy if those shoulders and arms actually attached to the body.
    Likewise the T30 Blitzwing mold.

14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Quality wise: The FoC toys, complete and utter trash.

Overall: the Armada toys, bright candy colors and almost total lack of articulation.

• Like Like x 1