All Hail Megatron 8 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chrono Grimlock, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I wonder is Sunstreaker is the traitor, of not Mirage. He was one of the few left on earth, maybe the Decepticons caught him and tortured him, and HUNTER acctually squeeled, which is why Sunstreaker looks do dispondent in the first page and all the other issues thus far.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh please no. Those 2 rejects along with Hunter were corny. Don't know why they didn't just use Spike. They were almost as bad as the Armada kids.

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    That's a good theory. I was thinking along the same lines, myself. I guess we'll know soon enough.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pages look good, but I'll wait for the second TPB.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

Nice. Kup is great in this series.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though I'm not a huge fan of the series it is slowly redeeming itself as it wraps up.

A couple of random thoughts after reading the thread

Ironhide is in no way a thug. He was the right hand of Prime. He lept him informed on the pulse of his men. As he got older he found himself growing more distant from the younger bots he was fighting alongside. He became so distant he didn't notice a traitor slipping on to his team and Prime was lost because of his failure. For the last 7 issues Ironhide has been projecting all that anger onto Mirage and he finally snapped. I'm sure he will feel even worse when he is revealed even wrong.

Starting the Decepticons of without advisories was a huge mistake. They simply have nothing to do. The autobots have to deal with their internal struggles plus the swarm and the Cons are just waiting to be relevant to the story. It would have been more interesting if at least a small team of autobots were stuck on earth. Maybe just a few minibots working with the government sabotaging Decepticon operations as they get picked of one by one. Anything that could be considered even a minor threat would have been nice.

Sunstreaker's apparent betrayal, going by whats happened and issue 8's cover, seams like it's going to be set up in away that he will be forgiven. The reversal of the headmaster process is the likely trigger of his change. I wouldn't be surprised if after they fix what ever was done he doesn't just stay with the autobots

I love Kup, first time he's ever been relevant.

Would have preferred if Drift had been the traitor. He could have been left unaffiliated afterward, a wild card or bounty hunter

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I agree. The "cigar" is a bit pointless though.

8. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems more likely that it wasn't getting separated that was the trigger of his betrayal. It's more likely that one of the 'cons (like Starscream) offered him a 'favor swap' which would give him information that was critical to reversing the Headmaster process (that he was so desperate to undo).

And anybody who is reading this and thinks that Sunstreaker isn't the traitor probably didn't pay close enough attention to issue #7. The expression of the other Autobots when Ironhide put the beat-down on Mirage were either 'surprise' or 'that slag don't fly'. Sunstreaker had a different expression: terror.

I don't need to see issue #8 for the reveal of the traitor, they already did that in issue #7.