All G1 Seasons Uploaded on Hasbro Pulse YouTube

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I can only speak for myself, but I dont use youtube to "watch tv" because thats what I have cable for. I know the younger generation prefers youtube because most of the stuff they care about only exists on youtube. Honestly, the only time I watch music videos, podcasts, and reaction videos is when Im sitting on the toilet or when its slow at work.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Hopefully Hasbro put up Transformers Victory episodes so it can help introduce Star Saber and also help the Haslab Victory Saber reach its funding.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Still NEED RID 2000.  

• Like Like x 7
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank goodness for your maturity on a board dedicated to a child's toy line.
    217452384_553891149353906_8159597125759882200_n.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000 Well-Known Member

Pity it's still the Rhuined Rhino versions.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity why would Hasbro be using the Kid Rhino versions instead of the better Shout versions? Why would they even have kept that version when all it did was introduce more errors than the show already had?

7. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Didn't Rhino boast that they were going back one or two generations in editing such that the picture would look better? Of course the subsequent edits tried to fix "some" of errors for transmission. If you're remastering a show then going back to the earliest edits possible (or even the original shooting negatives) would be the #1 choice. Perhaps the ideal choice would be to go back to the Rhino source material and then re-grade and digitally correct the colors/animation errors to create a new master version. I've only got the Rhino discs, but if Shout! is a generation or two later then the picture would have lost some sharpness. But you need money to really remaster a show and not just search for the print you like best and slap it on disc.

There could be "a lot" of work done to clean dirt, correct all kinds of errors (not just re-colors, but also the wrong mouth moving when speaking, etc), and maybe even put the episodes in some kind of logical narrative order for a future HD physical remaster release. Star Trek TNG had to go back to original 35mm prints and redo many effects from scratch for their HD upgrade. I think TNG had some physical model work and was still early enough that some effects were done on film rather than all on SD computer files. The consensus is that it looks great, but they didn't make enough money to warrant even tougher work on DS9 and Voyager which had more principal photography on video (plus all SD quality computer generated computer effects) and require even more labor to bring up to HD quality. The best hope is that someone like Amazon or Netflix would pay for the remastering in order to boast HD versions exclusive to their platform. Right now Netflix seems to be happy enough with War for Cybertron instead.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  8. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, the picture quality is better overall than Shout.
    They seemed to have the original audio or Shout Audio bc the added sound effects from Rhino are not there.

I guess Hasbro figured the show has so many animation errors that they rather it look "pretty" with Rhino than have some softness with greater accuracy like in the Shout versions.

9. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    … but what I meant was you can literally watch anything on YouTube a variety of ways in full-screen as if it was a TV broadcast. I’m in no way suggesting you should dive into the recesses of YouTube, but man if you want that G1 Transformers fix you CAN watch it on your big screen TV just like the glory days.

-A.S.

10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Mixed alright. The Rhino ver that's brighter with those dangit:mad:  extra boom boom sound effects and errors as especially overt in Fire in the Mountain. Though IRC even in my neck of the woods, this error filled version was actually broadcast(when Bb rides up to Sf, the blast door don't appear.:( 

Agree on the soundtracks of the Shout ver.:( 

Wished we can expect more of a radical re editing the way ST:TOS was treated with (for a future release as an Ultimate set)?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I dont need the internet to do that. I got my DVDs. No internet, no stupid buffering, no annoying typing, just sit on my ass and press play on the remote remote. Like I originally said, if the wheel aint broken, dont fix it. You cant make a techie out of me. The stuff the younger generation considers convenience, I consider laziness. Also, I notice a lot of people on here commenting that they hope these episodes are left on youtube permanently and not deleted after the promotion. Thats the problem with virtual libraries. Youre at the mercy of the administrator. If someone deletes something for whatever reason (to include cancel culture) youre screwed. Im not, I got it for life.

12. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

You are right on something. Relying on digital is a double edged sword. You are pretty much at the mercy of whoever uploads the content you are enjoying. The old transformers games from activision are no longer sold digitally, so that means if you don’t have the physical copy you’re screwed out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Exactly. The same thing goes for all those people who listen to spotify. If your favorite artist does something society doesnt like, they remove their music. Not to mention lots of contracts keep old ass albums from going digital. I was shocked to find out Aaliyah was just being released and young people was making a big deal about it like if her music was brand new. I stick with MP3s no internet required, and rip all my old underground discs to MP3.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Unfortunately digital will continue to outpace physical media, making it obsolete in the future.

15. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

That's what people assume. Cassettes did not replace vinyl except in the cars. Vinyl still continues to live.
    But here in California, people got a bit of why physical media is good since the fires somehow cause the certain locations to lose internet. Not to mention the throttling.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Oh I know physical forms of media will continue to exist, but as a major source of entertainment, less and less of it will be made.

17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Vinyl lives on but for a different purpose now. In my day vinyl was mostly for DJs. If you bought a turntable you could get hold of some really cool remixes, extended versions, and instrumentals. Now a days, DJs ripped their whole collection to MP3 once Denon figured out how to control an MP3 like it was vinyl, to mix and scratch. But the younger generation seems to like vinyl in a throwback retro sense. Not my thing, but I get it.

18. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

I didn't know about the Kid Rhino thing until this thread. I would have to assume that when Rhino imploded, they didn't renew their contract so the rights to their mastered work reverted to the rights-holder, Hasbro, while the newly-mastered work is still contractually in the hands of the company who is still releasing that version right now. I could be totally wrong, but that would explain why Hasbro's able to drop it on YT for merely ad revenue.

BTW, not sure if this is well-known, but Shout Factory is the company that Rhino co-founder Richard Foos and two other Rhino execs started after growing frustrated with the way Rhino was being run.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

I don't know about removing songs but I do know all digital is what most major studios DREAM of. To take away your rights as the consumer and replace it with permission culture. That you don't truly own what you bought.

If say, a studio has a disagreement with Amazon or Apple over one of their movies they can yank it off the store and if you bought well you're out of luck. Digital has been a great thing but it is a double-edged sword because that also means it can be yanked just as easily or altered at the company's whim. Not to derail things but the rise and siloing of all these shows and movies under a streaming service and the fact that each network and studio has their own individual service well, it's turning the internet into the new cable except now you have to pay for each individual channel.

• Like Like x 3
  20. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fortunately these days for something to get removed from the internet it has to be pretty damn obscure. There's always piracy.

• Like Like x 1