All Encompassing Godzilla Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

LEAST favorite Godzilla flick!

GO!! (Trizilla doesn't count)

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Godzilla vs King Kong

I just found it....dull. That, and I don't like Kong in the slightest.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

4. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

Godzilla vs Space Godzilla.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much any pre-90's Godzilla movie bar the original. I just don't like 'em. At all.

6. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Godzilla Final Wars. Jesus Christ that movie sucked.

But it had a kick-ass Gigan design, which I decided to remix a little last night.
    [​IMG]

7. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Godzilla vs. Hedora

...seriously, Godzilla flying?? WTF??? o_O 

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Can't remember the name, that kids movie where the main character magically transports to Monster Island and watches loads of old clips with Minilla.

9. jazzmasta32

I think that quite clearly puts it in the running for best Godzilla movie.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My least favorite G-movie has to be Godzilla on Monster Island aka Godzilla vs. Gigan.
    It takes nearly an hour for Godzilla to even show up.
    He and Anguirus actually speak!
    And, it’s the movie where my jerk sister pointed out that Godzilla looked like Cookie Monster.

I don’t understand this at all.
    This movie had a Godzilla that was both strong and fast.
    It had updates to half of Toho’s Kaiju Gallery.
    And the human scenes were not completely boring like most Godzilla films.

Oddly enough the movie about a young boy who dreams\imagines good times on Monster Island is entitled ‘Godzilla’s Revenge’.
    Makes perfect sense.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember watching the original godzilla (the black and white) on Sundays with him and on saturday monring cartoon godzilla.

I have to watch the new ones.

Where can I watch a few?

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Netflix has several Godzilla movies available for instant streaming.
    They even have the entire Hanna-Barbera cartoon and the entire Tristar cartoon.

Get started! :thumb 

13. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Godzilla's Revenge....god it sucked.....

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It would be great, but I can't imagine Bandai's bringing these out over here at a reasonable price.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Godzilla's Revenge, who was he getting revenge on?

I'd buy those.

Anyways i was at a TRU Express in Syracuse and i saw some Godzilla figures? Does anyone know what kind of versions of Godzilla they are. They had a MechaGodzilla i think too. They were kinda a weird cross of plastic and rubber?

16. jazzmasta32

Admittedly, I haven't seen that many Godzilla movies. However, Final Wars was the worst because it was supposedly Godzilla's last movie before a big break, and they made a big deal about it being the most badass of all the movies. Then when it finally came time to watch it, it had a terrible plot, bland characters, insanely fast and ultimately pointless fight scenes (At one point Godzilla was playing volleyball with Anguirus as the ball), and a rat-faced Godzilla. Sure you could point out that it wasn't as blatantly horrible as, say, Godzilla vs. Megalon; but at least that movie had the "So bad it's good" thing going for it. This movie's worst offense was that it was just boring.

Is it too much to ask for a decent plot and characters for my final Godzilla movie? Or how about fight scenes that don't end in 10 seconds? Seriously, don't we see Hedorah once before he gets his ass disintegrated? It's not so much a rogues gallery as it is a "Let's see how many monster we can make Godzilla kill in two hours!"

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well tehre's your problem. Of course it's gonna suck if you haven't seen most Godzilla movies. All Godzilla movies are technically "bad" if you break them down to the standards of regular films.

:lol  OF COURSE. Every Godzilla movie has had a terrible plot. Nobody cares about a plot in a Godzilla movie, they only serve to give us monster fights.
    Really? Because I can at least remember one or two of their names, which is more than I can say for most of the noisy bugs in Godzilla movies. (plus that dude who piloted the Gotengo was a hard mother fucker, even if he couldn't act for shit) Godzilla was just as Godzilla-y as ever. In fact he had more personality here than he had in some of the previous films.
    Pointless? He saved the Earth. Thanks to all the monsters he destroyed the only one left was him, and he didn't seem to have a grudge at the end so, yeah, there was totally a point.
    Homage to the goofy shit that once defined Godzilla movies.
    Well, yeah, yeah his design in Final Wars was my least favourite of the post-90's Godzillas.
    This is a flat out fabrication.
    As a fan of Godzilla movies, I can say with compelte and total honesty yes.

Ummm, what about all those fight scenes that didn't end in ten seconds?

Because he wasn't one of the main bad guys. He was cannon fodder. Didn't you notice almost all teh ones he beat with ease were the less-popular ones? They were just wetting his appetite.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My kids thought he was getting his revenge on them when I made them watch it.

They’re from Bandai Creation. It’s a division of Bandai that they’re so proud of they don’t even have a website for it.
    They have several versions of Godzilla and some of his friends and foes, but I couldn’t tell you what ones are out now as Toys R Us or some pharmacies just seem to randomly get stock.
    There are certain ‘waves’, but I have seen older waves get stocked quite recently.

I actually hear a lot of people say Final Wars is crap –it’s the concept that I can’t grasp.
    I didn’t mean to single you out directly, and I would never tell anyone his or her opinion is wrong.

Compared to other Godzilla films Final Wars has a huge cast of monsters, and while they normally get wiped out quickly, there is overall a lot of screen time for the monsters as a whole.
    Normally Godzilla movies have long drawn out scenes with the human cast that might ultimately lead to their being no point at all.
    In Final Wars the humans were mutants who could do incredible things.
    They piloted space craft that actively hunted and destroyed monsters.
    I don’t care how blatant some of the scenes ripped off The Matrix, they were way better than almost any human based Godzilla movie ever.

Leaping 20 feet in the air and doing karate kicks, or worrying about their feet hurting?
    I’ll take karate any day.
    Meanwhile, the government is getting infiltrated by aliens.
    Aliens! Aliens that weren’t guys in togas, or cockroaches or dudes in gorilla masks.

Every component of a Godzilla film is present and they are all so much better than they normally are!
    But for some reason, people say THIS FILM is boring.
    I just don’t get it.

And, thanks.
    When I was a kid my sister made me think of Friendly-Godzilla as Cookie Monster.
    Now, thanks to you, Final Wars Godzilla is Rat-face. :) 

19. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I want those bandai toys! even the fat mechagodzilla

20. jazzmasta32

The original movie was a quality film. 1985 wasn't half bad, either. You're telling me that just because we throw in other monsters that it automatically has to be a corn-fest? I dunno, I just couldn't help but feel severely disappointed after everyone told me how badass and amazing it was, only to be left with a pretty lame montage of Godzilla breezing through one monster after the next interjected with a bunch of silly superhuman kung-fu shit between characters I didn't even give a crap about. Besides, Godzilla already has 20+ bad movies; why not shake it up and give us some quality for a change?

Oh well, I view the majority of Godzilla's movies the same way I view Power Rangers; good childhood memories that really shouldn't be dug back up unless I want a cheap laugh or two (I legitimately feel bad for making my mother sit through all of that, hour after hour). I'd still call myself a Godzilla fan in that I love the concept, the designs, and the first two of the newer fighting games, but I can pretty much be happy living the rest of my life without watching any more of the movies.

Hopefully the new film has more of what I'm looking for.