All Encompassing Godzilla Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Shin Godzilla is sooooo nerfed. That beam should've cut through G14 like hot knife through butter. :rolleyes2 

2. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

G14 is able to shrug off a nuke being dropped onto him directly. Shin's beam probably still hurts a bit, but it still wouldn't be enough to destroy him if all it is is focused nuclear energy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Shin's beam only really destroyed buildings and vehicles. Nothing really saying it's that dangerous against other monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watched the rest of the movie (honestly I was so bored by it I kinda deleted the file after I got to the mandatory "I must sacrificy myself because the plot demands so" part by the japanese scientist).
    Man, the people who said this is different than the 2014 one and you can see all the action? Exaggeration. More action can be seen, yes but they ALWAYS cut away when it would be interesting, and instead of us watching the giant monsters battle, it is in the background while we have to listen to boring couple argue in a hummer. I had serious 2017 Transformers flashbacks, but at least these humans were not THAT annoying as Sam/Shia. But it really hurts the credibility of how big these things are when our human heroes run around between the fighting titans and do not get flattened by accident even once.
    Mothra is... small. Even smaller than Rodan. And she is all giant claws and wings, meaning we can only see the otherwise nice head of the moth in closeups.
    It's also really not explained how/why all the monsters all over the world get aggressive or go their peaceful ways when someone activates the Orca in Boston. Would loudspeakers carry the noise THAT far? I hardly think so.
    Tywin got really stupid when he suddenly decides it's all fine and dandy that the one device that can control (and potentially stop) these monsters was stolen, and just lets Emma go? Why? Illogical... he should have shot her and gone after the device himself. He has TV, he saw that the monsters stopped destroying the world, could have guessed this means his plan might fail.
    I know the scientist' sacrifice was supposed to be touching, but I could not help laughing when I saw the giant underwater palace with Godzilla statues .... built in the middle of LAVA and a RADIOACTIVE spot. Umm, how did that happen? This ancient civilization had lead-lined protection suits?
    And why Godzilla just appears right next to the submarine (which isn't sunk right away by the tidal waves) and sniffs at them then lets them go... right after he saw a human detonate a bomb in his face? I mean that had to have hurt him, even if the radiation cured him. The movie seems to assume Godzilla is... I dunno, intelligent? To me that never flew right. What's next, he will start using tools, like making a club out of a skyscraper? He works better as a force of nature and destruction.
    And was Godzilla's breath nerfed? He caught Ghidorah in the chest twice and he just shrugs it off.
    Of the humans, I really hated the "not Brent Spiner" guy who was really channeling Spiner's character from Independence Day. When he referred to Ghidorah as "Larry Curly and Moe" I winced. The little girl was also hard to believe, that she would go along with mom's world-destroying plans for this long. Oh and love it how japanese girl says "it's like they did not even want to record anything about it" when first researching Ghidorah, yet we can see tons of ancient drawing and statues of him in the background, and when next asked she suddenly even knows his name? :D  (oh and then came the gonorreah joke... groan... like a Bay movie). I read she was supposed to be revealed as one of the Mothra twins, well, glad that was cut, would have been stupid, especially considering how she had no interaction with Mothra at all.
    Emma's sacrifice was pointless too, they would have achieved the same thing by activating the Orca and leaving it on the ground. You cannot run or drive fast enough to outrun a giant monsters. Btw, the whole thing makes it hard to believe these titans are supposedly intelligent, when you can easily bait them with a high-tech version of a duck call.
    Anyway, can see why this movie is only praised by the diehard fans and otherwise was chewed out by critics and only got double its budget back. Kong I liked so much better because it made both the characters and the monster more understandable, had simple but relatable motivations, oh and the fights did NOT take place at night during a thunderstorm. Seriously, the last battles are like the first Pacific Rim, even down to having to look for the glowing kaiju parts to see where the monsters are.

Will check out Shin Godzilla next. I have higher hopes for that, as it took Godzilla back to his roots.

Btw, I glimpsed some Mutos maong the monsters shown. So there are more of them? Also some giant mammoth thing. Did these things get names or were just tossed in at random? I would have expected some classic monsters at least glimpsed, but maybe they lack the rights for them. Anyhow, I hope they will finally make toys for the Mutos... I would buy that.

I assume this is fan made? Pretty good considering that.

Bad comedy is still comedy, as Galvatron said. ;) 

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Ask Jet Jaguar officially translated to English

6. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Since I'll have the Criterion set, that service will do me no good, but it's cool that they are doing that.

8. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Some new Info about Alexander Skarsgard's character in GvK
    72490516_159684448443281_8214116303367037133_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I can relate. Primates of average sizes unnerve me deeply. A primate nigh big as Godzilla would unnerve me deeply deeper deepest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    The month is closing fast, still no sign of a trailer soon...

11. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Spotted near my hotel in Kabukicho.

P_20191020_141744_vHDR_Auto.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
  13. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Realized I may not be able to afford the Showa Era Godzilla collection after all, so I canceled my preorder on Amazon. :(  It's a shame, I really wanted that collection too.

14. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a room in that hotel with Godzilla decor... And that head right outside the bloody widow!

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That sucks. Meanwhile, Diabolik DVD shipped mine out this morning.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The article makes it sound like only the Japanese will get the real movie, while all other territories will get their own bastardized version tailored to their specific population. What a giant step backwards for international cinema. Will they exhume the body of Raymond Burr to construct the American version?

17. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I just started watching Godzilla 1985/1984 it was a fun movie I'm not finished yet

Edit: i finished it a little bit ago it was pretty fun
    Godzilla VS Biollante is next!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  18. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No. This is a fantastic project. All it is is Toho making it easier and more interesting for broadcasters and streaming services to broadcast the Godzilla movies. And that they will use region specific strategies to increase Godzilla's market share.
    China was introduced to Godzilla via the recent Hollywood movies, so they'll use those as their marketing basis. Europe discovered Godzilla via the old Showa series, so that will be the basis there.

Genesis isn't a movie, it's a project that offers the entire Godzilla movie series as a whole or as individual movies, along with all the necessary material to create original dubs.

What this means is that any broadcaster or streaming service can now buy a licence to the movies, and dub them themselves if they feel the need.

Basically someone like Netflix can buy a package deal, and release the series redubbed, which allows for the possibility that we can get the entire series from one single source, uncut and unaltered.
    So films like Godzilla 84 could get a new home video release in the US for instance, or a good German distributor could release all the movies on BR that are currently still held by crap DVD labels that are even too cheap and lazy to release DVDs without audio errors.

This is nothing but good news.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a good feeling we’ll be getting a Kong vs Godzilla trailer this week.

20. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I hope so