All Encompassing Godzilla Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They already put them in King of the Monsters, they even included multiple generations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

As opposed to a little girl being right next to Ghidorah's beams and not even getting even a tiny burn?

Or that people can't seem to locate a giant friggin monster that was right next to them 20 seconds ago?

Or that everyone apparently up and abandoned San Francisco after the battle with the MUTOs?

Anyway, we got together with two of our friends and did a spoiler talk video. It's an hour long, so I'm not sure if anyone wants to actually listen to us talk about the film for that long, but if you're curious, here you go:

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    KOTM was vry dope

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Now I can only imagine Ghidorah doing the classic Tom screams three times over. Well played :lol 

Righty, got some more titbits to share with y'all;
    -The film shows it well, but the novelization makes sure to tell us, crystal clear, that Ghidorah is a sadist who kills for fun. No distinction is made; all three heads, whatever the quirk, will bleed you for a laugh.
    -Again, film makes it clear, but the director confirms that Godzilla can only achieve his greatest power with the help of Mothra.
    -Mothra is implied to have a near supernatural sense of when real trouble is about to go down, of when Godzilla has real need of her. That’s why she snoozes while the Mutos run around, but pops up as quick as she can when events conspire to release Ghidorah.
    -Ghidorah’s neural network is non-centralised, which allows him to preserve the consciousness and memories of his heads even if they get destroyed.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Meaning?

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like nothing ever happened.

• Like Like x 5
  7. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

He can remember anything and everything even if his body has been severely damaged, or heads decapitated. Ghidorah's heads themselves all regenerate the same as they were before, and aren't different variations or anything. Also, Ghidorah apparently requires an enormous amount of radiation to regrow his head, which he gets from Rodan's volcano.

• Like Like x 3
  8. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I just hope that Wanrer don't move the next film to another date.

9. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire SICK to death of you guys!!!

News Credits:
    Toho Studios display is cool. And the interview with Michael Dougherty & Ken Watanabe is pretty cool. His first movie was of his box turtle rampaging through his Star Wars figures.:D 

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Took the fam to watch this over the weekend...their first Godzilla movie. Took until now to get through reading/skimming the thread.

Anyways, I'm not a complete Godzilla expert but I remember watching the movies for as long as I can remember so I'm a big fan. This was one of the best Godzilla movies I've ever seen and certainly the best American one. It stayed true to the history and made it accessible to the current age. My wife loved it and said we need to see it again. She said all the parts of other Godzilla movies she's seen me watching were lame and boring in comparison (to be fair, she was right as those were probably the Netflix Animated Movies she was referring to). Kids (6 and 2) both loved it. Don't need to bring up anything else because it's all been mentioned already but just a fun, enjoyable and entertaining film that made me happy to be a Godzilla fan. Makes me want to rewatch the first two with the fam and look forward to the next one (even though I'm one who also thinks G vs K is a joke and there is no way an overgrown ape has a chance against Godzilla in any way).

• Like Like x 4
  11. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
  13. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I know right? Looks like we're going to go back to the era of no mainstream theatrical releases of Godzilla or any giant monster movie for that matter. What a rotten time to be a kaiju fan. Before anyone brings up Godzilla vs Kong will be different look at the competition it has to face next year.

Disney's live action Mulan
    Pixar's Onward,
    And A Quiet Place 2

Any of those alone will destroy Godzilla vs Kong at the box office alone if not all together thanks to critics and the five year gap for KOTM to arrive. Really killed any excitement I've had for the movie since there's not going to be anymore monsterverse films afterwards.

15. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Damn, and I thought it didn’t have any competition before. Guess it does now...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

I had no idea critics and ratings still mattered to anyone. I stopped paying attention to all of them when Siskel & Ebert gave Pulp Fiction two thumbs down and then realized what dumbasses they were and changed their ratings. They are all sheeple.

• Like Like x 7
  17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yep. It was nice while it lasted. Would've been amazing if we're able to get more but oh well. At least we got four good monster movies in the process. would've been good if we got more but looks like we won't be.

They do sadly. I'm now beginning to understand how a lot of people who are getting more and more angry at sites such as Rotten Tomatoes feel.

18. Slave IV

I don’t get mad about them. Like I said, first of all, they mean nothing to me. Second of all, they are clowns if anything so I can laugh about them if I do see anything they mention.

• Like Like x 4
  19. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts I feel people stress too much over what critics think I always feel that people should only listen to friends/family. Only say that because I feel it makes more sense to not see a movie if someone you know says it is bad instead of listening to critics who are also online strangers.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

So you're saying critics aren't allowed to realize they made a mistake later on? Not everyone likes a movie on the first viewing. Hell, I didn't think Pulp Fiction and both Kill Bills were anything special when I first saw them. In fact, I intially found them boring. It wasn't until I went back to them years later and realized how brilliant they were.

There's also been movies with the opposite effect, that I'll love the first few times I see it, but then start to realize it wasn't that great to begin with. Van Helsing, Bayformers 2, and Chronicles of Riddick are prime examples of this.