All Encompassing Godzilla Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Blaster_Prime, Jul 7, 2011.

1. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I just realized three problems.

1. Ghidorah is the main villain for Godzilla Monster Planet 3 and also King of The Monsters. Maybe these two movies will clash with each other and deflate excitement.

2. How is Kong a credible threat after Ghidorah?

3. Why will people sympathize with Kong if Godzilla saves the world from Ghidorah?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

1. One is from an animated version, and not particularly something many people are looking forward to, given the poor reception to the two movies thus far and the fact that the changes to Godzilla and Mechagodzilla are pretty drastic. For all we know, KG in the next anime movie could be a cloud or made out of energy.

People are definitely more excited for the live action version since many people have been waiting for a big budget Ghidorah for a long time, and given the reactions to the trailer so far, there shouldn't be an issue with clashing at all.

2. Who knows how the premise and story of that movie will play out? In any case, the big bad is not Kong but probably something else that the two will have to face off against after a few brawls with one another.

3. Again, we don't know the premise yet. Also, Kong was already easy to sympathize with in his movie.

• Like Like x 5
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    In Skull Island they said Kong was still growing, that he was just an adolescent. In GvsK he should be at Godzilla's height or to his shoulders.

4. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing after seeing the trailer. Maybe they shoulda held KG back and made a Destroy All Monsters kinda flick where KK could team up with Godzilla?

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It really depends on which monsters make out of the sequel, methinks. We know Godzilla will survive, but as to the other three, that depends. Mothra has a reputation of dying, but she always reincarnates and comes back so it doesn't really count. Rodan could end up biting the dust, maybe repeating that one time he laid down his life to empower the Big G, or survive and go on as a rival/ally. Ghidorah, as the villain, is probably gonna get done in, as villains usually do. Or he might pull a Thanos and escape after fulfilling his destructive quota, coming back later as Kaiser Ghidorah or something. Who's to say?

So while Kong v Godzilla is the focus, other monsters might shift the balance between them. Might even be a Civil War kind of spectacle, maybe Mothra siding with Kong and Rodan siding with Godzilla :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Ghidorah can only be new once, and that was a long time ago. The exciting thing about this movie is that he's there, and that they're hiding his full reveal til the movie like the MUTOs from G'14. I think they'll be fine.

Mothra: Oh no, I dropped the Oxygen Destroyer!
    Ghidorah: Drat!
    Rodan: Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk!

7. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

In the trailer, the Kaiju needed to save humanity from extinction are called the Titans. While the trailer itself makes it seems like they are needed to prevent global warming or some other ecological disaster, other clues as well as the knowledge that letting out King Ghidorah never makes anything better point to the extinction being Ghidorah himself (though there are theories that he may have been let loose as part of a "even Thanos thinks this is crazy" depopulation plan).

That isn't what is important, though. I'm thinking more of the decision to call the Kaiju "titans". Now, in general use "Titan" just means somebody or something that is really big or strong or powerful, which certainly describes Kaiju. However, the word is derived from classical (Greek and Roman) mythology- they were the generation of gods that ruled until most of them were overthrown in a giant war by the Olympians. Their ruler and king, Cronus/Saturn, was replaced by Zeus/Jupiter. You probably heard about this during a mythology unit in school.

What isn't as well known, however, is that the Titans weren't the first gods. No, they themselves had to overthrow their predecessors, led by their cruel and twisted king, Uranus/Caelus.

Now, here's the thing. You know what Uranus was god of? The sky. The Monarch ARG is making it clear that when Ghidorah takes flight, he more-or-less turns the area around him into a superstorm. Sounds like something a cruel sky-god would do. And who can take down a sky-god? Titans.

Now, notice how Ghidorah is the only "King" in the monster cast, by name. It seems obvious that he'll be either killed or do his Ghidorahy "Run into outer space like a coward" act. And with him gone, who would become "King"? Godzilla, much like Cronus defeating Uranus.

Now, this is probably just a case of over-thinking it, and it also doesn't deal with the fact that there is the issue that the Titans themselves were later overthrown by the Olympians ... but I still think it neat that they are calling the Kaiju "titans" when they will be facing a cruel king of the sky.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Such well thought out reasoning that I would be surprised if a lot of the aspects being of Greek and Roman mythology wasn't the case.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    If the Final battle is in Boston- start of Trailer, Scene with Zilla and the fleet of fighter jets, I can see Godzilla grabbing the Zakim or Tobin bridge and using it as a weapon, like Gypsy Danger using the Boat Sword. If like the previous film, where the MUTOs were attracted to the Nuke, there are nuclear warheads, and a nuclear reactor sunk off the coast of Boston from a US Navy Sub, Thresher.

And the Boston Transit System, the T, is getting in on the fun.

DiyId8OUEAAgqXf.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did Boston send that out on the official channel? The T is a real line correct? On one hand, it is fun for fans of Godzilla movies, on the other, it might confuse the crap out of/scare people not aware of what it means.

11. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Ya the "T" is the nickname for the MBTA - Mass Bay Transit Authority - they run all the buses, subways, some ferries, contract the commuter rail. Put it this way, the only other cop in the state of Mass with the power of a statie, is a T cop due to all the lines they run in Mass.

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hopefully we won't get too many monsters in this that they feel rushed and unused or like canon fodder. fingers crossed To me personally I'm cool that they call them Titans instead of kaiju/monsters.

13. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Outside of Mothra/Rodan/Ghidorah/Godzilla, they'll just be cameos at best tbh. Most of them are probably gonna be new original monsters, maybe a few Toho monsters?
    Rumors are saying Anguirus is gonna show up, Nessie is a kaiju now, and there's a new "giant mammoth kaiju" too.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

It seems mostly they'll just showcase the
    world wide re-awakening of the Titans/Kaiju

• Like Like x 1
  15. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that sounds hilarious. yes please.

16. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Even if they can use more Kaiju in the future, I hope they throw in original monsters here in there. I thought the MUTOs were a worthy addition to the pantheon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Anguirus...nice. Nessie..okay I'm down with that. Giant mammoth kaiju...okay I think that's insane, but hell it might work.

• Like Like x 1
  18. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Ezilla82 there's a reason why Tkemert20 used a spoiler tag

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Why oh God @Tkemert20 is a super genius? Clever man. lol

20. sideswipe3