Alabama Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Tim Formas, Jul 11, 2003.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Checked the Florence haunts today as best I could whilst running errands.

TJMaxx/Ross - nothing new here, just Deep Dive. Ross had an AWE striker, if anyone cares.

Target - nothing on rock-bottom clearance sale like some folks reported, BUT they did have a few of those leftover once-rare-now-common Generations figures, including another Kup, Warpath, Wheeljack, and a handful of Thundercrackers. If I had only known they would be pegwarming at Wal-Mart and Target back when I shelled out 14 for each at TRU a few months back...

2. EdHaskel

EdHaskel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like WM might be your best bet on the classics, saw Lion-O and Tygra (?) today...

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Florence K-mart has them!

They're in the same aisle as the TFs. I picked up a Cheetara the other day but the rest are still there.

Haha! They would show up right after I drive to Huntsville to get Wheeljack and Thundercracker. Oh well. :lol 

4. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

Really? How much were they?

5. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

THIS. Walmart is carrying these - seriously!? Which location(s) was this? Wait... lol - PM me that info instead. I sense vultures in the rafters, lol.

Was in Hoover TRU earlier after dinner - they now have the new 2011 Thundercats line on the shelf, but man it had already been WIPED OUT. Just some vehicles and roleplay weapons, along with some of the deluxe 4" stuff no one's dying for. No MP Roddy, either.

To the Huntsville TRU folks - any sign of The Real Ghostbusters Minimates Samhain/Egyptian Ghost 2-pack up there? Scored all of them in town EXCEPT for that set. Help a guy out... pwueeese? :D 

6. optimus12380

I'm definitely a vulture in terms of if I see one Lion-O and one Tygra they are bought on site but not a scalper or interested in spending a load of money hitting up all the Wal-Marts looking for 2 figures...if anyone spots them in the Huntsville area though please let me know, also needing an MP Roddy...in all cases package condition doesn't matter since I will be freeing them from their plastic and cardboard prisons.

7. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

By "vultures," I meant scalpers, lol. Wasn't meant as a diss at you or anyone else in our beloved thread. :) 

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Talk about frustrating...just got off the phone with TRU in Huntsville. Even though I was told weeks ago that they wouldn't be getting any MP Roddies before they moved locations I've been calling every week before the truck to make sure none were on the pending order manifest. So apparently they got a truck in today and the system shows 3 MP Roddies in stock but the employee couldn't find them in the store. She looked for about 15 mins while I listened to horrible muzak. I asked her about having one shipped from another store and she told me it would take 3-8 weeks because they will no longer be receiving any trucks to the Huntsville store, so it would have to be shipped back to the distribution center on a returning truck and then mailed to the Huntsville location(at my expense of course). What horrible timing for a store relocation...

I'm guess I'm going to wait until the first week of September to see if they put it back up on TRU.com before I hit the secondary market. I'm not willing to wait until the new store opens on October 14th, because the distribution center could be bled dry by other stores by then. :( 

9. optimus12380

I knew watcha meant but if I ever see the Thundercats Classics in Wal-Mart I will be like a vulture...if they are anything like the MOTU Classics I'll be all over them like white on rice. I hope Bandai will remake all the original figures and then some like Mattel has done with the MOTU figures, I haven't heard what other Thundercat Classics figures are planned.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When does our TRU get thier truck in.I aways thought it was Friday.After work on Friday I am going to head down to our TRU to see if they have anything.

11. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    They got the last truck that location will ever get this morning. That location is now in liquidation mode. So no new TRU stock for Huntsville until the Bridgestreet location opens on October 14th.

12. optimus12380

Here's the deal, I just went by there and talked with Charles & Tahara (old co-workers)...Tahara checked the computer for me and said 3 were showing as in stock however they were not scanned into any of the back bays and were showing as on the sales floor but they said there were like 20 or so palettes full of stuff in the back. So my thinking is that our case of MP Hot Rods are sitting on one of those palettes. If Justin was still a manager there he probably would've let me look but alas he's not...so not sure if they'll put out the stock on the palettes or just wait until the new store opens for it.

13. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    The way it was explained to me on the phone is that location will be staying open until it sells its current stock. That makes me think that nothing is coming in AND nothing is going out unless it gets sold. Do you think I can go in there and get them to search the pallets for me? I'm just wondering because maybe you can't be an asshole to them about it since you know them, but I can play the demanding customer guilt-free. :D 

Or do you have a better strategy in mind?

Wait I got a strategy... I'll release a hive of bees into the store and when everyone evacuates I'll go in the back with my keeper suit on and search the pallets. What could go wrong? :D 

Man this hunt has got me twisted hehe.

14. optimus12380

Honestly for me, it would just be catching someone I know who would either look for me or let me look for myself. I think Tahara would've let me check it out if it wasn't for the manager on duty (he's not a people person, that's why when I worked their he was the overnight manager and really never knew him). However for you, you could probably ask them to search the pallets (damn spell checker changed pallets to palettes, lol) in the back or just get a job there, lol...

15. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I'm going down there tomorrow and see what I can make happen. I'm not above bribery either. :D 

16. optimus12380

If you have any luck pm me, because I want one myself but I'm trying to think who else might look for you...the only other person I know that still works there is Greta (not sure if Allen is still the store manager), but she's the Human Resources Manager and rarely on the sales floor.

17. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    If they find em I'll buy all 3. You can have one for cost+tax(64.79..we'll just say 65) and then I'll throw an offer out in this thread. First one to PM me after I have them in hand will get it for the same price.

18. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Well, Trussville Walmart has the new Thundercats stuff, as well as the Classics figures. The new stuff was pretty picked over already - the Classics, not so much since there's just the 2. Not sure every location will get all this stuff though, as I stopped by Hueytown on the way home and they were literally in the middle of a giant reset on the action figure aisle that didn't appear to include Thundercats at all. Smaller locations may pass these up.

Anyway, just throwing this out there for others interested - I know it's not TF related, but I also know a few others are into these toys as well. I don't think the scalp factor is as hot on this stuff for whatever reason, but I could be wrong. Only reason I'm sharing the info, really. Classics look great in person, but QC is all over the place on paint apps (same for the new stuff as well). Only reason I passed them up tonight. Too picky, lol.

19. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So in other words, the Thundercats toys are having the same issues they had back when we were kids eh? I so want the classics versions..and hope they do a Mumm-Ra that way as well.

20. commonthought

commonthought Meteor Hammer

I had a feeling Toys R Us in Huntsville would get some in. I had a feeling I was just being told the whole "moving locations so it will be in by October story" just to keep me contained until then. I already hit the secondary market to pick up a Masterpiece Rodimus. I am so frustrated now because I have been admittedly checking the store every couple of days or so (since I had this feeling). I am glad I did not take them at their word.