Alabama Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Tim Formas, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

I was essentially just being a grumpy ass, lol - but I appreciate you still looking out. Gracias, my friend.

I was in the Hoover location on Monday, and actually looked for a spot for MP Roddy then, noticing there wasn't a space for him. Which actually begs the question - where did they even put those 3? lol There wasn't any room that I saw on Monday. The TF section was crammed full with no space whatsoever.

2. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, since I only found the one, and there wasn't a designated spot yet, I don't know for sure if the one I found was where it was "supposed" to be. But it was on the top shelf, directly under the deluxe translucent exclusives of Sideswipe and Ironhide. That shelf was pretty wide open yesterday. The shelf stickers were all for DotM voyagers, which they had tucked over to the far right end of the shelf. But there in the middle of the open space was the lone Roddy. Maybe they pulled some of the voyagers off the shelf.

3. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey all,

I was just at the Huntsville TRU and they had a case of the Warpath Wave.If you need them,get'em while thier hot.No MP Rodimus,though I won't hold my breath until the new TRU opens at Bridgestreet which I was told will be Oct 15th.If anyone happens to find an extra Rody let me knowI would like to got another one.The one I ordered from TRU,com was for a buddy of mine.I was wondering if anyone knows the item number for this so I can have TRU look it up?It is not on thier website anymore and I am wondering if this thing has been cancelled.

4. commonthought

commonthought Meteor Hammer

I have been visiting the Huntsville Toys R Us to, just to make sure some of the horror stories about employees stashing figures of MP Rodimus are just stories.. The employees do believe they will get the product once the store is relocated to Bridge Street. I will say, I do not like Toys R Us exclusives, they are so much trouble to find. I emailed Toys R Us customer service about the difficultly finding the product, needless to say they where no help. If anyone around the Huntsville area knows anything about MP Rodimus Prime could they please let me know? Thanks.

5. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why in the hell they are moving the TRU anyway, since it's the closest around and serves the entire area from Athens to Scottsboro to Fayettville to Guntersville, the central location it has now right off of the Parkway and near 565 is the perfect place for it...IMO Bridge Street is a terrible location for shopping, it's fine if you live in Madison but if you're like me and live either south, north or east of Huntsville it's a shitty location and a bitch to get to or get around in. Not to mention, by moving it will leave another empty retail building and eyesore...doesn't Huntsville have enough of those already?

6. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Well to be fair that building they are in is the last remnant of a 30+yr old shopping mall. I wouldn't be surprised if books-a-million goes out of business like borders did and the whole thing will be razed to make way for something new. I agree that getting in and out of Bridgestreet sucks donkey nuts though, even for us Huntsvegas natives.

7. Toddimus Primal

Toddimus Primal Member

I live in Fayetteville, so my closest TRU is Huntsville & I have never had good luck with their exclusives. We probably would have had an easier time getting Masterpiece Roddy off of the website if they had limited purchases better. I liked it much better when the Hasbro Masterpieces were Wal-mart only. Had no problems then. Anyone seen any Wreck-gars, Perceptors, or Warpaths in the area?

8. transmasterc

News Credits:
    Also,the old TRU location is next to the projects as well.Back in 2001 I was harrased by some black guys that were looking for money for smokes so they claim.They accaully want me to go with them.Uh,I was waiting for a store to open.I got out of there an went back into Books A Million.Yeah,I can see why TRU wants to move the Bridgestreet.Bums also hang around that TRU as well.To get bakc in topic if anyone find the MP Rody let me know.

9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

You could have said that differently. You seem racist after reading this.

10. transmasterc

News Credits:
    I do apologize for that.Yes I should have worded it differently.If you want to erase the post go ahead.I don't want to get banned over something like this.If I offended anyone I am sorry.It was not my intention.:eek: 

11. damgon

damgon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hi guys. i am from NC. i been here for 3 weeks working at the base and i seen some transformers in TJmaxx and at target. there is 2 Leader Starscream for $24.99 at the TJmaxx on University road. toy&toys in the mall by Airport Rd. they have Red Ratchet and new HA, but i left it because they want $19.99 little to much for me.

12. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

It could have been worded differently, but it was plain speech - anyone who has visited that area knows it is not the most glamorous area of town. My mother used to be a social worker in downtown Huntsville, and from the late 70's to now there has been a rather sizable community of homeless living beneath the overpasses around Governors and the Parkway. Regardless of bias (and I'm very left wing, in full disclosure - most of those people would rather be left alone and don't harass anyone) having homeless patrons walking into shops on a daily basis is not very appealing for a business owner. People who visit Bridge Street have, in general, a higher per capita with more disposable income - the perfect place for a toy store. And most of the growth trends after BRAC will be in west Madison county, Limestone and Morgan county. It makes sense to move a niche store towards your target market and away from urban decay. Honestly, on the opposite side of the Parkway, driving north, is there anywhere you would stop at beside the Krispy Kreme? Those 'motels' have been falling apart for decades.

Toy related: Anyone seen Thundercats figs? I've been on the thundercats board, but the conversation is far more robust over here atm. I've got an extra carded Perceptor for trade on 'cats or a warpath.

13. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Transmasterc is no racist, and I'm sure his comments were not intended as such -- he said they were black because they were black. That's all. Quit being alarmist.

It's the truth, though; TRU *IS* right over by the PJs, in an increasingly unsafe and economically undesirable part of the city. I worked about a block away from TRU for almost 5 years, and I've been accosted by bums, panhandlers, and unsavory types (of all skin colors) along University at various locations all the way from Five Points up to Wynn Dr, for no crime greater than stepping out of my car.

The decision to move TRU to a more upper-scale area like Bridgestreet, further removed from Huntsville proper and closer to Madison and the developments on the west side of Huntsville doesn't surprise me at all. It's a little inconvenient for many, and an unwelcome excuse for TRU to delay stocking new stuff at a time when they are dangling an elusive exclusive over our heads, but it's not entirely unexpected.

Anyways, the new TRU location is closer for me than it was before, so I'm okay with this.
    Me, I still keep hoping that Florence will get another TRU someday...

14. transmasterc

News Credits:
    Thanks,man.On a related note I got the wmdchargers from the guy in New Zealand.

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

First off, I didn't call him a racist. I said he seemed racist. There is a difference. "Harassed by some black guys", I understood his problem with the guys but "black" wasn't necessary. That's more than plain speech if that's said regularly. In context, the statment could be taken as somewhat racist. Alarmist...please. When I made my statement that Transmasterc seem racist, that was his time to reply in which he did. It seems to me that he understood where I could see that from his comments. He apologized. He didn't even have to do that even. It was over with then for me at least. I wanted his remark only. Moving on, Transmasterc, thank you for the apology.

16. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

I haven't found anything yet. Been looking every other day almost, but to no avail. All the K-Marts around these parts totally suck - no sign of anything. Same for TRU. I'm beginning to think the new series and line is doomed, lol. If the merch is already this tough to get a hold of in stores, I can't see it surviving for very long. No trace of them in Walmarts yet, either. And that truly signals the kiss of death, as they are the #1 retailer for this kind of stuff now, as we all know. Hopefully they're just slow getting down here and on to the pegs, and an abundance of it will just fall from the sky at any moment, lol.

17. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

I found some stuff up in N. Al, but mostly pegs where figs are going to be, not where they've been. I've snagged a thundertank and a mummy mumm-ra, but that's it so far. You're right about the K-marts though - the one by me has a different employee in the toy section every day, and all they seem to do is push piles of toys around from one corner to another.

18. transmasterc

News Credits:
    Start checking Walmart.Some have been getting in the TC stuff.This morning before work I spotted the Thundertank and the 4inch figures as well.so,they are out there.

19. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Thanks man, will do. Glad to hear Walmart is finally getting them down here. I will start checking more locations. I'm jonesing for these toys, I just can't find them anywhere! Love the new cartoon - it's incredibly well done so far. Great reboot of a classic and beloved property.

20. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the 8" Thundercats Classics but not sure what store will carry them and at what price around here. Thinking about just ordering the first two from BBTS, other than that the only other figure I'm looking for is MP Roddy.

As for the whole urban decay debate, as someone that has worked at both the TRU and BaM at that location the homeless can be annoying at times but having either lived in or visited far bigger cities where the problem is much worse, it is not beyond repair and at the moment only a minor nuisance. I guess that was my hope for Huntsville with the election of Tommy Battle, one of his promises was a redevelopment of downtown similar to what has been done in Chattanooga (you know, the city with now a better quality of life and the one that VW chose over Huntsville)...but alas, that has not been the case and it has been pretty disappointing for me since I see the potential this city has.