Alabama Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Tim Formas, Jul 11, 2003.

1. SweepItUnderTheSlug

SweepItUnderTheSlug Well-Known Member

Spotted Series 3 of the Botbots at Jones Valley Target, the single pack blind bag case of 24. Looks like they are popular, nearly half the case was already gone. I picked three which turned out to be Dingledeedoo, Sensei Spiney, and Citric Guzzlerush. Also at Target were several of the Leader Cybertron/Galaxy Optimus Prime.

Nothing new at Drake Walmart tonight. One Siege Brunt remaining among plenty of waves 1 and 2.

2. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

Don’t know if there’s a lawsuit or not but I could see Target being pissed at Brickseek for showing folks just how shitty their own online inventory is.

3. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only area in the south east showing stock for the Rain Maker set is Florida and only 2 stores are showing stock. I know the zip code by heart since I lived there from 1987-1992.

4. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

God that's infuriating. I mean geography wise they would have to skip over vast swaths of area to give them to Florida and NOT give them to us.

5. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Destin area here, guys. Do I need to scoop something up for y'all?

So long as noone says 'Roll Tide' I'm happy to assist a fellow collector.

• Like Like x 2
  6. transmasterc

News Credits:
    I remember going to the old TRU location back in 2006 when ever TF animated came out looking for the then Exclusive Acree. I asked an employee about it and told me you may want to check the Birmingham TRU. Same thing happened with the last of the Star Wars Legacy figures. They never showed up at our TRU but the B’han store got in one case of them. I don’t know what it was with Birmingham but they seemed to have gotten a shit ton of stuff.

7. WarInTheFloor

It is whatever the mystery I have been bitching about for so long, why this area specifically gets skipped on stuff when ... as I put it to my wife when explaining this.... Birmingham may have richer individuals we certainly have more rich individuals.... Hell Florence gets stuff better than here and the economy in the shoals is holding on by a fishing line and some meth

• Like Like x 1
  8. transmasterc

News Credits:
    I was looking on Brickseek and stock for the G1 cassettes have hit the Athens and South Parkway Walmart’s.

9. WarInTheFloor

I tried checking and got nothing, although the 72 Madison one had the week 28 reset pallets out last night. Any luck on Soundwave?, I am so far behind on everything right now its a total shit short of confusion as to what I might even find. There the G1 Soundwave, Still need more reflectors and Brunts as the kids have really taken to them and each want a set, Never saw Springer but supposedly that's not supposed to be stocked until the 28th, Id like Thundercracker, the rainmakers, order Skywarp and at least Smokescreeen from the selects stuff/ online exclusives which I hate, totally gave up on Star Wars figures and am 5 or 6 waves behind because of the unconscionable distribution of the vintage collection ( seriously, WFT),Jabbas Palace is in no mans land for in person sightings I THINK I have the skiff guards 3 pack pre ordered but like I said I cant remember with everything going on, so far behind, no communication and terrible distribution all around. Well basic deluxe Transformers have been decentish about getting put out at least.

10. Shpwrk

Shpwrk Member

Thanks for the tip. I went to Athens and they had a case on the pegs. I got one of each. No Soundwave though. They did have one of the Galaxy Upgrade Primes there.

11. transmasterc

News Credits:
    I just hope you left more for the rest of us,LOL.

12. IonCannonsRule

IonCannonsRule Grapple's Spark

If you're jonesing for a Galaxy Prime, Jones Valley Target had about 4 or 5 of them when I was there on Saturday. Looks like they're gearing up for a reset because they were looking threadbare.

13. Shpwrk

Shpwrk Member

oh yes..there were about 4-5 left of each set. They had them all jammed on one peg with no price tag yet.

14. IonCannonsRule

The Target Micromaster sets have been spotted in Las Vegas. They come six to a case and are 39.99. Another thing the local Targets are known for is resetting on the same day. Anyone know what that day might be?

15. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

I'm hearing the 28th of July

• Like Like x 1
  16. transmasterc

News Credits:
    I have hearing that was well. I suspect the Rainmaker set is part of that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. transmasterc

News Credits:
    Found some of the D-Con cassettes at the 82 Walmart. Got out of work early and did some poking around. I picked up both sets.

18. IonCannonsRule

No stock change at Jones Valley Target, just an infuriating set of pegs in the Transformers section (Fortnite junk and some Ninja garbage) ... hoping this really means reset or this place is gonna be useless.

19. transmasterc

News Credits:
    Sunday usually sucks at Target. Very rarely have I found anything on those days.

20. IonCannonsRule

Follow up, somewhat TF related. Walmart just started going full swing end of summer clearance and Legos are about half price, along with various awesome Nerf Blasters, mostly the motorized or large ones seem left at the Walmarts I check out. Saw some empty Black series that had clearance stickers, too but couldn't find the figures.

Enjoy the hunt!