Akiva Goldsman Hired For A Transformers Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 27, 2015.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I find it depressing and hysterical that Paramount views this as their version of Avengers or Star Wars (IF it lives up to the hype)- I see no reason to be worried that he'll make the movies any worse than they have been. The writing hasn't been a strong point of any of the movies (except MAYBE the first one).

DOTM did have a very clever premise, but I don't really think it was ever really realized as much more than reasons to go from one fight to the next (which is fine- the fights are the best thing about these movies).

2. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

It's just like Michael Bay to take away all the wrong things from the current cinematic landscape.

Marvel is doing great because they've created a machine that can crank out functional, engaging movies one after the other, golden age Hollywood style. The whole interconnectivity angle works for them because everything has ramifications on characters we're already invested in, every announcement is simultaneously a stamp of quality and has implications for the universe as a whole.

No one else is doing this properly. They're not "getting it", and turning something as reviled as the Transformers movie franchise into a TFCU isn't going to change anything. Especially if they continue to value stylistic flare over things like character, plot, tone, or basic shot to shot continuity.

3. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Prime, and sam say hi.

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    On one hand it's a step up from Krueger.

...On the other hand Batman and Robin.

5. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

You mean the endlessly hilarious brooding grimdark revenge fantasy and the character who the second movie took in one direction and the third movie took in literally the opposite direction, neither of which making much sense at all?

Yeah.

6. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Just reboot it without the humans, and without transformers being an moving needle haystack that is hard too be distinguished when in actions.

7. Hound89

G2 still doesn't understand context. Shocker.

8. KaonKoopa

KaonKoopa Koopacon

The idea of a Transformers Cinematic Universe (IE: Marvel) would be exciting, but im pretty much done with the Bayverse at this point. While I can appreciate a fresh take on any franchise this one was more of a bastardization. Im still confused as to who this film series is for? The disregard for the source material, characters, any semblance of a plot pretty much removes longtime fans, and the needless swearing, excessive crude humor, over sexualization removes a portion its younger/family audience. I've often felt like this movie franchises misdirection could easily be compared to that Small Soldiers movie.

I understand that some viewers are content with just the explosions/giant robot battles, and that's their prerogative. However, with such great characters, and a fiction that you could build a pretty interesting cinematic universe with. It's like saying your content with a Spider-Man flick just because he at least swings a web or two.

While Goldsman is a leap over Kruger, that still isn't saying much. I'd rather watch Batman & Robin over the Transformers films any day, so maybe there is a positive side to his involvement. If anything he'll help kill the movie franchise just like he did with Batman, and that's really not so much of a negative thing. The sooner it happens, the sooner a legitimate reboot comes along.

9. Hound89

Not really, Kid s and families still flock to see these movies, Why giant robots. On paper these things would be a turn off but, in practice it isn't.

Don't forget the biggest superhero franchises int he worlds first movie started with a one night stand and strippers (Iron-man)

This argument always makes me angry. The movies are faithfull to the source material, But like all the hundreds od different incarnation of Transformers it still has its own tone , style and things it dose diffrently

10. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just reboot it and make it good!

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If we're getting a new director, I'm with this. Bay as a consultant for action scenes and etc, would be phenomenal. Some fresh blood behind cam would be wise. Oh, and yes the dude wrote Batman and Robin, but everyone has a stinker. I swear some of you psych your self out to hate things before they even start writing.

A reboot is needed tho. Too many core characters are gone.

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Interesting. I'll wait and see what happens.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

so i can expect a bunch of oscar winning/nominated actors, doing really ridiculous things on screen? totally in. :lol 

if it is half as 'awesome' as winter's tale, this will be comical gold.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Do note that Transformers G1 was part of the Sunbow verse with GI Joe, Inhumanoids and Jem.
    With the whole arms race in AOE I wonder if this could lead to Mask. Mask is owned by Hasbro.

Also a TF-Joe cross is always a possibility.

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this has been pointed out yet; but does this mean we will get a new TF Movie every year, so we probably won't get any more TV shows, or any other toyline that isn't Bayformers related.

So I'm going to take this a conformation that RID is cancelled early.

16. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me :D 

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I don´t see that as possible. Even with Marvel, they were putting out classics figures AND movie related ones.

18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    No, go down the marvel isle at your local store, there are ultimate spiderman figures sharing the pegs with Avengers 2 and marvel legends figures. There's room for everyone.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hell, remember the "Hunt for the Decepticons" line? You had movie themed bots and classic ones in the same waves.

20. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    i don't even care about accurate looking transformers anymore, just make them blocky like the cartoons and comics, anything other than mindless explosions or it won't compare to the marvel universe