AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

both OP and megatron are buttugly OP's head are just wrong and he is fat and they both got unrealistic thinn arms :( 

2. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

You know as a Doctor Who* fan this reminds me of what people wanted to do to the Daleks** in the name of making them "scary" But that team of creator's knew enought that it's good writing that makes a bad guy dangerous and scary NOT looks. (In fact now that I think about it didn't the Doctor Who TV moive have a line about "the battlefield, earth! or something close to the tag line for this movie?... NOOOOOOOOOO!!

* For those who don't know Doctor Who is a popular British TV Show (with a small fanbase in the US of which I am one.) that originally ran from 1963 to 1989 in 1996 a TV movie was made in the US as part of a revivial attempt but failed, miserably. However in 2005 the BBC did bring ti back to much prise by critics, the general public, and old fans.

** The Daleks are the oldest and most famous villains of Doctor Who and like many thigs in the show they were known for causing childern to hid behind the couch. (I preferred hidding under a nearby blanket.

Here's what the Daleks originally looked like:
    http://www.wessex.clara.net/dalek.jpg

And Here's one from 2005:
    http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Doctor Who Pictures/DW Pictures/NewDalek1 Thumb.jpg

3. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

I have NEVER seen a post grow this big this quick (nor have I posted in forever...)

But as long as that's Meg's Cybertron mode... it'll be ok, as long as his Earth mode looks more retro. Of course I'm a bit shocked to see his mullet is missing...

But this art of him reminds me more of the prototype Live action Eva stuff that was released 2 years ago... than ANY transformer I've ever seen.

4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...So...are you arguing for the change to the TF's in the movie, or against? Because your argument could be used to support both cases.

As I'm sure the Dr. Who fans are aware, the actual Dalek design has been one of the most mocked in fandom. They're nicknamed 'Pepperpots' and 'Plungerhands' for a reason. It's the writing that makes them scary, not the actual design in itself. Without that good writing, they're comical looking.

5. paladin75

paladin75 Member

I dont like the design i see at all! I consider myself to be a fan and have been since generation 1 to cybertron(cant wait to get Armada season 1 part 2 in a couple of weeks). I feel they couldve/ shouldve tried to be a little more true to the characters. I know a lot of you may not agree. Ill probably see it anyway......maybe

6. TFFan2005

TFFan2005 Well-Known Member

i see it like this.............we're not gonna get simple transformations like gen one.........why? cause it's not gen one.....that simple...........this is 22+ years after gen one. Get out of the past........................sheeeeeeeeeeeesh

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did we say it had to look like G1 megs? No, we're simply stating that this looks NOTHING like ANY Megatron EVER. It doesn't look anything like any TF has ever really looked before, and as much as some of us can accept change, this is chane in the WRONG DIRECTION - if us fans can't recognise Megatron in that, how will people who watched G1 as a kid but didn't continue to be a fan recognise that as Megatron? How will kids who watched Arm/Ener/Cyb know thats Megs? he doesn't look like any sort of Megatron ever. And that's whats pissing people off.

8. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    The Gaping Maw With Fangs (TM).

9. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

That Megatron just plain scares the hell out of me!:eek:  :eek:  :eek: 

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's what I've always felt that Megatron should do.

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Seriously, I think if I ever saw movie Megs in person it would scare the crap out of me. Then he'd proceed to eat my soul or something.

12. Mighty Decepticon

Mighty Decepticon Mighty Decepticon

I would have rather had the design team make the movie with Alternators/Binaltech than the crap they are showing us now. Ruined! Our childhood is being ruined and we can do nothing about it! Couldn't they use the masterpiece toys as models? This is going to require alot of counseling

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

So making something new ruins something that happened in the past???
    Sorry, just trying to understand the logic people keep using about the movie designs.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

:horse: 

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    PLANT!

16. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You'll give yourself a migraine trying to figure that out Butz :lol 

I personally don't understand it myself as one of the main constants in life is that you can't change the past. So this movie ruining childhoods is an impossibility

17. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Let's take it easy on the n00b guys. He doesn't know that his user name doesn't have to be the same as his title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.