AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Agreed 110 Percent

2. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

unicrons in this movie hes a block of chesse.

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

OK so i can bow to the beast machines fans in some aspects and give this movie a chance. Blackout's toy would make an awesome Decepticon, It looks like a helicopter, and aside from the predator face it's not bad. The only saving grace of prime is his head and maybe those smokestack cannons.

Previous pictures of bumblebee leads me to believe we wont even see him transform as the 70's camaro.

But come on guys this is Megatron... At least prime had his head, But this has no resemblance to any megatron ever. Theres arguments flying around about how the series needs a new look and revamp, which i am all for. But this isn;t a new look! If they wanna spend millions of dollars for design houses to re-imagine the transformers than do that! But these look more generic than G1 box art. They look like guyver, evangelion, gundam, predator, alien, and any other evil alien in the cinematic world. This is a reimagining for transformers, but a microwaved piece of shit for hollywood monsters. And i have a horrible feeling, when the toys come out, Were gonna get a three pack like hot wheels, with a spike figure, a bumble car, and a transformed bumblebee pvc figure....

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Let's be fair here. If you're counting Transformers changes, do the same for Spider-man:

1) Organic webshooters
    2) Genetically altered Spider
    3) Mechanical Goblin
    4) Doc Ock is not evil but controlled by Nanobots
    5) Peter's first love interest isn't Betty Brant. (yes, I'm old school)
    6) Spider-man's looses his mask every 2 seconds. All of NY knows his identity.... "we won't tell" ... gimme a break.
    7) Peter beats the hell out of Flash Thompson in the school
    8) Peter is not the level 4 genius he's in the comics
    9) Peter yells at his beloved Uncle Ben

I could go on, but I don't have the movies here. Let's just say that sometimes I feel like the only thing Raimy got right was JJJ.

In the G1 cartoon they supposedly evolved from consumer goods (Autobots) and military hardware (Decepticons). They were supposed to be different.

I agree.

Still just a rumor AFAIK.

Same as number 2.

-airfox

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
  6. timusbrew

timusbrew I am the "clear TF king"

THIS IS TOTALLY FUNNY!!!

I do not know what is more fucked up. Last years Phil. Eagles team or this UGLY FU&^ing mold.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Im of a new opinion. I do want to see this movie badly, not a fan of screamers head, but this is a totally new twist and i think the fresh outlook is awesome

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  9. Angelus Prime

Angelus Prime Active Member

It's very clear here that the designers are going for a totally alien look, and not cosmetically. I mean, they look absolutely not from this planet, or anything close to this planet.

10. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

[​IMG]

Yes........ alien......... oh........ the horror.

11. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    they don't look anything like from cybertron either

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    *hasnt been to Cybertron so wouldnt know what theyre supposed to look like*

13. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody who HATES this design, please head over to transformermovie boards and flame on. The writers have respsonded to lots of questions and want to hear our rants..

14. Autobot_Jedi

Autobot_Jedi Member

Bay did say that this movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular (Transformers) TV series and/or comic book.

15. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Link please. :) 

16. roadburner

roadburner Active Member

What in the world is that thing?? I understand that Megs is from Cybertron in the past, and it is highly advanced, but he looks like a jagger bush that has been fed Miracle Grow on steroids. Someone please, please talk to Bay and Hasbro to fix this problem!!! I was going to take my kids to see it, but now I'm not sure. That looks something like AVP mixed together. If they want to get a new audience, they need to make Megs look more like he does in all the other versions that are out there. Cripes, use the TF Cybertron version. That is otherworldly enough isn't it?? You can barley see his face in that thing. Not very good design....

17. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Wow.
    I don't like it at all. I'm not going to start foaming at the mouth and demanding the blood of Michael Bay as a thickshake, but I really don't like it. Not the aesthetic, which fits in with the other designs, but the fact that he's so generic looking. There's nothing mean about him, nothing especially powerful, or even distinctive. Something about him says "third soldier from the left" rather than "Centre stage"

The animators and the voice actor are going to have to work even harder to make his character shine through, because that design really isn't doing them any favours.

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This isn't even an "Oh no, it's not G1!" thing.... G1, G2, Machine Wars, Beast Wars, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Robot Masters, and Alternators have ALL shared a common "Transformer" look: Solid robots with expressive "flexible metal" faces and large, armor-esque chunks of alt mode serving as almost "clothing" for the robot. That's what a Transformer looks like. That's what every single one of the toy-lines over 20+ years have looked like. That's what every one of the TV shows has looked like. That's what every comic incarnation has looked like.

There's a freakin' LOT you can do with Transformer design...raddically different stuff like TM2 Megatron or Cybertron Crumplezone. But damn this movie missed EVERY POINT! They're just not Transformers.

19. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Well after seeing what we have seen for the alt modes I can honestly say I have
    ZERO INTEREST
    In ever seeing this movie.

Good Job Dreamworks! :thumbdown 

Exactly! When I imagine Transformers this garbage is NOT what I think of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.