AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    Megatron: Prime! You've not changed all that much.

Optimus Prime: Megatron, I thought you were made of sterner cybertronian material?

Megatron: It's my new look for the new movie coming out 747!

Optimus Prime: Don't stay too long in the makeup chair, they couldn't scrub that ugly off you, my old friend.

2. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I AGREE 1000%!!!!
    This is by far the worst of the designs we've seen, and they've pretty much, as one other poster stated, raped Megatron. Why couldn't they just go with him being a tank?!
    I'm disappointed in this one....but I'll still see the movie! :rock 

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

well we can always hope they make a sequel that is directed by.... awww hell id take Zach Braff at this point. Id rather have Garden State with fighting robots than Micheal Bay at this point.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

It worked for Spiderman - It's going on it's 3rd movie

It worked for X-Men - It had 3 movies

It worked for Transformers - Beast Wars brought new life to the Transformers franchise.If Beast Wars failed we wouldn't even have a 2007 movie to discuss

At least in this movie he's not taking an earth mode.He feels earthlings are beneath his notice thus not interested in disguising himself

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven’t had to much problem with the other characters we have seen so far but this just looks like a mess.

6. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

This was my feeling too....but somehow I doubt it.:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry 

7. RailSpike

RailSpike Banned

That isn't Megatron that looks like if you where to stick your head up a horses @$$

8. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but have ypu actually read the script. the leaked vesions is pretty easy to find.

Read it, and tell you call that drivel "pretty good".

From the lack of characterization of ANYONE, to the lack or robots, to the juvenile jokes, to the incredibly ridiculous ending "our military and humans are AWESOME!!!..."

Read that POS shit and then couple that with these idiotic designs and tell me you have ANY hope for this movie.

Seriously.

9. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

[It worked for Spiderman - It's going on it's 3rd movie

It worked for X-Men - It had 3 movies

It worked for Transformers - Beast Wars brought new life to the Transformers franchise.If Beast Wars failed we wouldn't even have a 2007 movie to discuss]

i think this is different then that. spider man was still spider man same costum enemies personality. pretty much the same for x man. even beast wars went back to its roots.

10. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wtf???

Are you saying that Spider-Man was presented as a pink pig, named Peter Porker, and did soooo incredibly well at the movies????

Hmmm, organic webshooters and a more mechanical looking goblin costum. Other than those super major changes ....

Spiderman LOOKED LIKE Spiderman!

Geeeez.

11. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Actually, i start thinking, that the Transformers-Movie would become better, if those PowerRangers-Makers woulg get the Rights and the Money, when i remember the CG-DinoThunder-series(but i stiil disliked the Costume-fights between some CGIs).
    There you were always able to see some rests of the Alt-Modes, while in Bayformers, you cannot figure out how it transforms, from robot to Alt-Mode nor vice-versa.

I'm very sorry to come up with PR, but that's Bay's fault, removing 50%Metal-Skin, and 99% of the Characteristics(1% is the Color, which is the onlything that fits).

12. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I have lost all interest in this movie. This megatron is terrible. I can't even see any pieces on this skeleton that would be part of his cybertronian jet mode. What is he going to do, grow wings like some sort of T1000 ?

I think I'll buy the Classics line, get Altenator Rumble, and call it a day. Sad way to go out.

I will not give Mr. Bay, Hasbro, or Paramount one red cent for anything associated with this movie. They don't share the common vision of "The Transformers" so what is the point in supporting them?

13. Supreme Prime

Supreme Prime Supreme Cosmic Being

This is stupid. The movie is not even done yet. I am tired of all those crying and whinning about how the Transformers look. It is a movie made in 2006 some changes are needed in order to make the picture a hit. If you don't like them don't go see it. Some of us are looking foward to the day the movie comes out. Yes their different but different can be good. I know their not what we grew up watching. Can we just all stop the complaining and wait until the movie comes out? This way everyone is happy. I just ask that we hold off judgement until we have seen the finally finshed product. That is all I ask.

14. red00wolf

u said it better then me!

15. red00wolf

u said it better then me!

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

OMFG!! Is that really the ending??! Our military and humans are awesome??! :banghead:  That type of ending and skeleton-formers is EXACTLY what I DID NOT want from this movie, and now it looks like we've got both of them!! By now, the producers of this movie would be lucky if I even rented it on DVD. I want to like how this movie is shaping up so very badly, but sadly I cannot stand what it has become.

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Well let's see:

Spidermans "Reimaginings": Organic webshooters, Genetically altered Spider, mechanical Goblin suit that still looked like the Green Goblin. Everything else essentially canon.

X-Men: No classic costumes. Everything else spot on to the classic mythology.

Beast Wars: Beasts instead of machine alt modes. Classic faces and names with a plot that wove itself beautifully into the G1 Universe. Yes, huge reimaginings there.

Transformers The Movie:

1. Two factions of Robots from the same planet that share no other similarities to each other except for walking upright.

2. of the "Big Three" classic characters, only one is even remotely recognizable, mostly due to his face, which is nearly identical to his classic look. Of the other two, one looks like a wasp/monkey hybrid trogladyte, and the other looks like the bastard love child of Sauron and Treebeard.

3. The leaders of these two factions are somehow "Tinw brothers from the house of Prime" however look nothing like each other. They don;t even look like they could come from the same planet.

4. Alt modes. In almost every incarnation of Transformers, it was fairly easy to figure out what these robots hid themselves as. here, they can apparently turn into anytrhing under the sun because they "blast apart" into a million little pieces when they "transform".

5. These have been reimagined with absolutely no nods to the source material that made them a success 20 some odd years ago. They are changed beyond recognitiuon for no other reason than the creative team thought they knew better than those who invented the franchise.

Spiderman, and Xmen held onto the core of what makes them what they are. So, essentially, did Beast Wars. Here, we have a clusterfuck of "Designers" and moneymen who've taken the name Transformers, a few character names, and a robot head and thrown them into a film and story that bears no other resemblance to the franchise. They think they know better, and they'll go ahead and royally fuck it up in the process.

18. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Yea. I see it too.

19. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

this is the sequel to AVP alien vs predator
    this is alien vs transformers
    and the scoponok is really a face hugger

20. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Spiderman and Xmen werent reimagined. They were based on comic book franchises that have been around for over 40 years, they didnt change there look and backstory drastically, which so far has been what they're doing with TFs, two completely diffrent things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.