AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overdrive

Overdrive Active Member

Isn't that supposed to be his Cybertronian mode, and not his earth mode? Granted he can't become a gun in the movie, but I thought he was going to be a military tank in earth vehicle mode...so what's the problem with him having a more original cybertronian mode? Of all of the mechanoid forms that transformers could replicate across the galaxies (in theory) why is so hard to accept that some transfomations may be more complex or streamlined than anything we've ever seen? Bay is just trying to make the concept work. If this is the Cybertronian mode, like I think it is, we should just relax and wait to see what the designers do with Megatron's Earth mode.

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I would bet that the makers of this movie are thinking that a few more people may go see this movie then just the fans.

Not every one likes the original concept of the transformers. This could be a way to reach out to the people who never really cared for it...

3. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

The design is alright but after years of main line productions featuring megatrons who dont look like megatron I was hoping movie megatron would at least have the familar head. Also this design reminds me of the Guyver Anime/Manga property.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    So different than what I was expecting. :( 

5. megatron2006

megatron2006 Member

yet again ANOTHER character DESTROYED!! why does hollywood always have show the world how creative they are..cant you guys just stick with soemthing similar to the G1 series!? BUT nooo you have to re-invent every DAM thing you you're given the rights to...megatron looks like he belongs in termintor 4...he should be a tank ..period! and starscream?! jesus, could you at least give him hands?! but what do they care, you know everyone is going to see it...all they think of is $$$...not the fans

6. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

I am also getting a Gaiver feel, Power Rangers evil Zords etc. Alot of pointy things that might not pass drop tests or US Standards.

7. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Well, I must say, I really love this design. It looks absolutely badass to me.

Only problem is that I don't really like it as Megatron. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that TF's are FINALLY getting a facelift after 20+ years, but this design (as far as Transformers goes) may be a bit too far "out there".

If you were to show me this design without ever telling me it was Megs (or even a Transformer at all), I would say it's a cool design, but I'd never in a million years guess that it's a TF (let alone Megs himself). They don't have to make him GEEWUN-to-the-bone or anything, but I'd have perferred something that I can not only look at and say, "Well that's gotta be Megatron", but that I can look at and actually see a TF without actually knowing it beforehand. Something like the other concepts we've seen, which (IMO) are the perfect balance of recognisable TF and alien machine.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see the thing in motion, but for now I'm a bit 'meh' on this design for Megatron.

8. rednec0

rednec0 Member

dude, how seriously disgusting. i hope those images are frauds.

9. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

Wow, this thread got extremely long extremely fast.

I'm excited for the movie. Excited because it seems as though they are going to drop the kiddy shit and go after the original fans with a dark and more realistic storyline. It should work since the vast majority of G1 fans should all now be in their early 30's and late 20's. I thought you all were excited about it for the same reasons. Instead it seems as if some of you actually want the kiddy shit. Make a live action version of Armada, complete with Poke... I mean, Minicons! Is that what you all want? Make up your damn minds!

That said, from what we've seen so far it appears the Autobots will be "in disguise" as normal, everyday machines of earth. It appears the Decepticons will be as alien-looking as possible, and terrifying to boot in an almost-nod to Giger's Alien. This would be consistant with a storyline where the Autobots are losing the Civil War on Cybertron and have sought refuge here on Earth to regroup, a sort of interstellar version of China-Taiwan. Meanwhile the Decepticons are mercilessly hunting them down, and not giving a rat's ass about our civilization and culture being in their way.

I LOVE this concept, and I hope this is the story we have to look forward to. Even if I have the details wrong, the Decepticon designs clearly show that this movie will have a dark side. It won't be an endless army of Autobots and their children-pals looking for Minicons and teaching kids to brush their teeth along the way. There will be ruthless, unchecked aggression. There will be obvious "black-hat" bad guys. There will be conflict with REAL violence. Up until now, GI Joe has had better aim with low-tech Earth weapons than Transformers have had with high-tech Cybertronian weapons. I'm tired of them shooting at each other's feet. It's time to paint the Cybertronian Civil War in a realistic light... A winner-take-all war of attrition... A blood bath.

I think Megatron's design is slick! It seems the more evil and powerful the character, the more twisted and gnarled the movie studio is making them. This is a fitting form for Megatron. If you want a G1 nod then change out the head, but this is one of the coolest takes on the Decepticon leader's Cybertronian body and alt-mode I think any of us can honestly say we've ever seen. They're evil, dammit! Make them evil!

10. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

Has it not been proven time and again that if the base hates the movie it is doomed to be a failure? Can anyone on here point out a movie that was beloved by the common moviegoer but shit on by the fan base it was directed at?

11. thomas maximus

thomas maximus Well-Known Member

it looks ugly right now but that might just be the inner robot of megatron (as shown in the G1 movie) and maybe they will be adding extra features onto him so he would look better.

just an opinion

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Probably. But I doubt there'd be a Scary Movie 5, since Scary Movie 3 was, IMO, the worst of the quadrilogy.

No he's not. He is NOT a directing god, and his movies were sheer utter crap. (Example: Pearl Harbor)

I doubt it. If this is the final design for ole' Megs, there won't BE a next generation of fans. Nor will there be any fans left.

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Sorry but nothing has been proven by a few whiny fanboys spewing their venomous opinions in a few forum threads.

14. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

The thing lately has been to bring back classic characters to the mainstream.....Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men etc.....this Transformers Movie, so far has done little to bring back the classics or at least the feel of the classics...on this point it has failed miserably. They are trying to go in a new direction with a product that was meant for nostalgia.....not a good strategy IMHO.

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Best description ever!
    :lol 

16. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

That's not Megatron :p 

It reminds me of Escaflowne.

First Starscreram and now Megs...

17. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

Whiny as I may be can you answer the question?

18. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I hope that the transition to "battle mode" head doesn't come off as looking like a metal flower blooming.

19. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Well looks like I'll just be going to see the movie just to hear Cullen voice Prime again.

Seriously, if there wasn't any label on it, I would have no idea that thing is supposed to be Megatron. :thumbdown 

Hm, they'll have to place a warning on the Megs and Skorponok toys for the pointy edges. :lol 

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Overexaggerate and Drama Queen much? :horse: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.