AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

Do you all remember when this all started with talk of going back to the Amblin pictures of the 80's? Like E.T., Back to the future Goonies etc. Those are the producers words not mine. That this was gonna be a updated G1 pic, not my words the producers. Then Bay jumps on with his wonderful imagination and we get this. Why did it have to be Bay? They where so desperate to get him to direct they gave him free reign over everything.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    :lol 

I am not reading 19 pages of "It looks terrible! It looks nothing like him!" and "It looks great! It looks like a real alien!" every time a new design is leaked.

Unlike the past leaks, Megatron really does look like an Evangelion. It seems they are incorporating some kind of techno-organic features into them.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Please tell me that David Kaye is the guy from BW/BM.

4. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

WOW......................that.......is.......absolutely ******ed.

Why would you even call that piece of shit Megatron. My expectations for this movie has now dropped to barely interested. Maybe it would be good for the next live action Gyver movie.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The 80s have been over for some time. (16 yrs and counting)

I for one would be disappointed if they just piggybacked on the original concept and didn't change anything.

6. Spider

Spider Relentless

To those haters still going on about how crap these designs are, please see the bigger picture! This movie is not being made for you, its being made for the next generation of TF fans that will no doubt love it

I would of loved to see the G1's being presented in this movie but as an adult I have to accept that we are no longer in the 80's and the robots we know and love have adapted and evolved

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So much for the powers that be not screwing up this movie...

Why do they have to be so alien looking? Why can't they be brickish robots like the old school toys/cartoon models?!

8. megatron2006

megatron2006 Member

and AGAAIIN another Character made by hollywood that is going to be ruined...why do you guys ALWAYS have to prove how "creative you are" just for your own self praise by re-invent something?! you have a Perfect model of megatron and starscream from g1 or even the cybertron series for GOD SAKE!!
    but nooo thats just not enough,,,so you destroy them...you could at least make megatron a tank and give starscream some hands... arent you the guys that follow the saying "less is more" megatron looks like he belongs in terminator 4 ...with but what do you guys care...you know everyone is going to go see it.. absolutely ******ed!!!

9. Stevejr

You know what's next? They aren't even robots, that's not realistic enough, nope they're actually organic. I mean come on giant transforming robots? that's not realistic enough for these guys. You think it's a joke? Megatron has freaking teeth. Let your imagination run wild Bay, let it run.

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the most UN-Megatron_like bot I've ever seen... the only way I can see them overcoming the negative response to this is confirming Welker as the voice...

I still reserve judgement on the movie until I see it...

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Cause that would suck....

12. Stevejr

Lets just hope there is a next generation of fans after this.

13. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

Been giving the pics a good going over and I'm wondering

The Battle mode pic look like it's 2 halfs of a helmet that could fit together. If you do the connection in your mind, it gives him a sort of G1 Meg head design.

Also notice that it's Megatron that is looking over the Earth in the movie poster. Hopefully they make his eyes red in the final version.

14. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Which is why people who were kids then are now the majority of the adult audience who will make or break this film.

They were always going to change somethings. But to throw out damned nearly everything relating to the original concept of a NOSTALGIA movie and expect people to fly with that? Never going to happen.

Phazer

15. devstar37

devstar37 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what the f**k are they thinking!!!!

Seriously people. what part of crap do you not understand. i relize that theses are NOT going to be the same as the cartoon or the comics from any line. I get that. But where is there ANY resemblance to the transformers at all. I know there will be no mass shifting but there are no parts of the cars or planes at all on any of them. and what is wrong with having a humanoid face. not this alien bug shit.

people please do relize that yes the designs are cool............for something other than a transformer. but there really does need to be some resemblane to what we know.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Welcome to TFW :D  Unfortunately that is a common misconception off all TF internet boards, not just tfw2005, that if you just joined today, you must have never seen or heard of a transformer until right now! LOL. I have personal experience from this as well. They'll get over it and welcome you too :D 

As for Megatron here....At 1st I thought PREDATOR! Then I thought....he really is vile and evil looking and I think I like that. He really looks like a death machine from another planet unlike ALL other megatrons in the cartoons. This is the grown up version of transformers, where megatron will actually KILL humans! I think it is going to be a killer movie!

Peace.

17. BamBam25

BamBam25 Well-Known Member

Huh?!

Yeah... about Megatron... WTF?! Not sure I like that. But I'm going to at least give it a shot to grow on me. Cheers, fellas.

18. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    As much as I agree with this view, every reinvention of TF since the '80s had somewhat retained or pay homage to the original characters

19. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

This is the worst thread I've ever seen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a lot of you are just stupid. You don't have to like the designs, just like I don't like this one, but at least try to understand the reality associated with making a Transformers movie. Someone in another movie thread said "even G1 didn't look like G1 sometimes." This is true...how could anyone expect a movie 20 years from G1 look like G1? Get used to it.

That said...

I'm trying to get a timeline for these movie images. Hasbro said the toys will hve more detail, and bay says that the bumble bee we saw was 40% done. Blackout's deisng sheet says "incinerator," a name for him we hadn't heard until we say his picture last weekend. Megatron here is a colored line drawing.

My reasoning is that if Blackout's images are fairly old, bearing his old, old name, and they are CGI, then this megatron must be even older, to not be rendered yet. He is closer to a concept sketch than anything. His leds share features with the frozen legs we saw...but I think the frozen ones were much better. I have hopes that this Megatron will impove with time.

20. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I have to say that a lot of the posts in this thread have been rather childish for "adults." Come one folks, we all love G1, and it is sad to see the live-action movie take such a drastic turn from what we're all familiar with, but get over it.

No, Michael Bay isn't trying to rape our childhoods. He's trying to rape our wallets. From the reaction many people have over Megatron that seems less likely, but I want to see how the movie is. I'm sure it'll be a "cult" success with its own set of fans, but we'll see.

I do wish that with the robot modes that there were more identifiable characteristics that we could tell what the alternate modes were from robot mode. That is what made G1 and subsequent series so cool. You could look at a part and say "Oh, cool, he's a Dodge Viper," or any other appropriate vehicle.

Look at movie Bumblebee in robot mode, and you can't tell what the hell he is in vehicle mode. It is so fragmented that it is nigh impossible. Disappointing.

As for mass shifting, well, it looks like we will have it to a degree. Look at the wings of Megatron's "jet" mode and look at them on his back. I don't see how or where his robot mode is going to go in jet mode, but it doesn't match up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.