AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this big, menacing, cool looking and transformable? Yes.

Is it a "Transformer," let alone a G1-based Megatron? No way in hell.

Once again, they have ignored the fact that Transformers have always had a certain asthetic, specifically that recognizable sections of alt-mode become sections of the Robot mode. This "Shatter" transformation scheme just doesn't work for me at all...especially for Megs.

I hope the characterizations are correct, cuz these "Bay-Bots" bear no physical resemblance whatsoever to the G1s that inspired them.

2. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

They want to make this AWESOME movie without PROBLEMATIC things like mass shifting and all?

So why bother with aerodynamics or moisture?

3. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    It's a cross between Beast Machines Megatron and a Guyver unit. Where's the Zoinoids?!!!

I hope that's just a exoskeleton of him and not the finished product.

4. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

AICN has taken down the pics. Just a heads up, save 'em if you want them just in case.

5. terradas

terradas Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's a bad look, honestly. I've liked the design differences between the 'bots and 'cons for this movie because these groups have always been described as two different "races" of transformers but there was never any real physical distinction besides color until no. Based on these early images, I don't think anyone will have any trouble confusing autobot and decepticons based on these designs.

I also think this Megatron design is fitting. He may not be streamlined in bot-mode, but he is dark, menacing and definitely looks powerful. He looks excellent for the leader of an evil alien race. Again, not perfect for the character, but certainly not a disaster.

6. Counter_punch

Counter_punch Member

Your all fools!:thumb 

Its Alien vs Predator vs Short Circuit
    ( Johnny 5 gets victimised)

As for the design. Its funky as a bad ass robot but not as Megs. Theres some semblence of Megs bucket head when its in battle mode but nothing else even resembles him. If Welker gets the job of doing Megs again can anyone actually put the voice with that.......thing?

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You assume Movie Cybertron has an Atmosphere at all.

8. mattjy

mattjy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually quite like it. i'm beginning to see the whole design concept come together. though i do think megatron needs to have a more 'majestic' look, merely because he's the main villain and they're generally larger than life. maybe some wings in additon to an arm-mounted cannon. i think the cannon is probably his most iconic feature. i'm less disapointed with this than i am with starscream though.

9. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

QA technician

I have a hard-on for correctly filled in forms :inquisiti 

10. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I hear more of David Kaye speaking from this instead of Welker

11. Quintesson #1

Actually, I assume the moisture clogging up his vents and machinery of the world he has gotten on caused him to become giant ice man.

Or that he has no de-icing systems in his wings.

Or that there's an atmosphere on Cybertron as he changes in to a jet that depends on pressure differences between air layers and that wings wouldn't do anything if there was no atmosphere.

The logic is fairly simple: this design is crap for all environmental conditions he's supposed to work in. That obviously doesn't work well with his own concept of evolution and 'survival of the fittest', unless everyone else is even less fit, which I find a rather preposterous concept.

12. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Its like trying to look at one of those pictures that if you cross your eyes, a 3D object shows up. If I stare at this long enough, I can kind of see a face. If I stare a bit longer, it kind of looks like Beast Machines megabolt.

Its an interesting robot design, but I can't see it as a transformer much less Megatron. I find it interesting that Megatron isn't supposed to be "evil", at least in his eyes, but they gave him a sterotypical "evil face". I guess when you don't spend time on developing your "main" characters' personality you have to make it really obvious who the bad guys are.

13. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Damn you! I just spit Code Red all over my monitor.

14. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

What bugs me isn't that he's not a gun or that he's doesn't have a buckethead. It's not that he doesn't have a cannon on his arm or that he isn't a tank. What bugs me is that he looks like ass.

15. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my first wish was maybe this is just a WIP and the final product will look way better but then i remembered this

[​IMG]

its the real deal, crap eh

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    Well, first off, the final version of Megatron HAD to have changed at least a little. At least the head doesn't look like the shadowed TF at the end of the teaser trailer, which almost certainly had to be Megs. So all of you fearing that the head doesn't look anything like Megatron, they probably have changed that for the final version.

But for me, regardless of whether they changed the head shape or not, I think it looks GREAT. VERY alien alternate mode, and his face definitely gives off that "King of All Evil" vibe. Gonna be interesting to see how it translates into toy form, though...

17. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was stated that the trailer transformer was not a character from the movie and was just a generic bot.

18. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

People probably wanted a film about the popular 1980s characters 'The Transformers'.

No sign of that so far.

Phazer

19. Quintesson #1

Beastbot X: that iceman there has the battle version of the head we just saw. Don't give yourself hope for something that's obviously not going to happen.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Just saw it - I must say that it's not that bad IMO.

A bit too skeletal but not bad at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.