AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

I sense a plot by the 'fans' involved in the project that they want everyone so disgusted with TFs, that after the movie, all toys get dumped on ebay for a few bucks as they devaluated into obscurity. Also, to prevent getting 'new fans' who'd buy the old stuff before they'd get their bids in.

*is one big smelly pot of sarcasm atm*

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The more I look at this Megatron and then the Blackout images...I dunno, the less interested I am in actually paying money to see this film. There are plenty of ways to torrent or download a movie and, honestly, if those images - moving and interacting - are what $10 will buy me, I'll use my $10 for something else.

3. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

He's looks ugly but fearsome at the same time. I'll try to keep an open mind.

4. Book of Junon

Book of Junon Banned

wtf is this shit??????????

Someone needs to be beaten severly for this crap.

These designs don't even look like friggin Transformers for cryin out loud.

5. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    ....it's a nice Toho kaiju-Guyver-Gigerish-INSECTOID exoskeleton-Dinozaur design, but man oh man, I'm not feeling Megatron. No connection with any incarnation of Megatron we've seen and no friggin' CANNON.:( :( :( 

I'm just feeling generic shiny, evil, Power Ranger villain. At least they got the grey/black colorscheme kinda right.

I sure hope he gets a freakin' Earth alt mode sometime in the movie, cuz' this is just :yuck 

6. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

I bet George Lucas was consulted.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Special Edition where Optimus is voiced by Ahmed Best FTW!

8. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, I see where they got the design from:

[​IMG]

9. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Removed. Do not bring politics into this, even if it is a joke. -2005 Staff

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

There should be a Godwins Law equivalent for using Bush in an internet argument.

ROLLEYES.

11. jmacougar

jmacougar Well-Known Member

All of these designs look like total $hit. They don't even look like Transformers ... they look like a cross between Predator and the machines in the Terminator. If this movie wasn't called Transformers I'd have totally different outlook on them, but it is ... and they've totally f'd up all of the characters! Between the skeleton/alien/freaky looking robot modes and the Fast and Furious alt modes I don't have any excitement left to see this movie at all. Change the name and I might.

Those of you that like them ... I guess you're just easy to please.

12. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

Why do all the decepticons have to look like something out of a horror movie? Are we too dumb to recognize autobot from decepticon if they look alike? There all brothers in a sense all from the same planet. Think of it this way if i was making a World war 2 movie would i have to make the Germans have insect faces and be spikey for you to know who is the bad guy? The problem with this movie is the design team not the writers......I paraphrase Michael Bay "I let my mind run wild designing these". UGH!

13. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice! I like it!

wow, more movie pics and these I had no part in... I'm sad now... my alter-ego's time in the spot light is over.....

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes I am, give me a cookie and a pudding pop and I'm set for the day.

Last movie thread I ever view past the first post. I can't take the amount of stupid that populates half the thread.

15. Stevejr

Why are you stupid if you don't like these designs? I don't think less of anyone who likes them. But don't rip on me for speaking my mind.

16. dkev

dkev Member

I would like to point out, that this is a work in progress. We have no way of knowing if this is even the final image. Hell for all we know this could be an early concept. It's not even an actual picture...its a drawing. Wow people, relax.

17. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Fun. Care to explain how come the Autobots are of the same race if their design style is completely different? Including mouths and stuff? Or should we imagine that the Autobots only have face plates or something because they actually look like something from Predator's homeplanet underneath and that doesn't look like goody two shoes? (Like they'd see a difference between the two as it's natural for them to look like that).

Sorry, the frightening motive alone doesn't make the plot or movie better. To me at least, Decepticons and Autobots are just Transformers with a different ideal. That logically means to me that they don't need to have a much different appearance. Does Saddam Hussein from the outside look like a devil just because he's a sadistic little man filled with naughty evil thoughts?

Oh yeah. They look deceptive: They look like mean old monsters but underneath is a care bear waiting to be hugged! No shit. These aren't just robots from the same planet with a different view on how the universe should be ran. I don't understand how you can pass that off to yourself as 'logically possible'.

(Don't come back with the 'are TFs logically possible then' argument as that's unrelated to the problem at hand: whether they could exist has nothing to do with how they'd exist if they hypothetically would exist in a fictional universe :horse:  ).

18. skeet

skeet aka $keeto Corleone

what the fuck is that?

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That is a horrible HORRIBLE attitude JPrime,it's one thing the not like the designs or the direction the movie is taking.As that's a matter of personal taste.

But to say you hope it turns out to be the worst movie of all time is 1)Childish and 2)VERY spiteful

I've not liked plenty of movie.But I've never told someone who's going to see a movie I don't like "I hope you hate the movie" or "I hope the movie sucks"

EXACTLY Grimlock_13,I too can understand legit gripes.But most of the gripes I've been reading on the boards are more the "Bay's raping my childhood" or "Bay's killed Transformers" type posts which honestly aren't becoming of adults.That's more the sort or knee jerk reaction you'd expect from a child/teenager and not grown men/women

20. Stevejr

I think it's safe to say that there far enough along in the movie that this is what where going to see on the big screen. Maybe small alterations but in general this is the look of the robots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.