AI bots in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by andornaut, Oct 20, 2011.

1. andornaut

andornaut Active Member

Anyone know if FOC will have AI bots for multiplayer matches? I'm not the best FPS player so I enjoy playing multiplayer modes / maps offline with and against AI bots.

Maybe it's too early to tell, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway. I wish I could play WFC multiplayer maps offline, but at least I have hopes for FOC.

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    they didn't even include split screen (which the lack of might be enough to make me skip the new one, but we'll see) on the last one, so don't hold your breath for bots.

Would be a fantastic addition though imo.

3. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know but Gears of War 2 & 3 both do that, and they use the same Unreal game engine that FOC is useing.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Aside from host migration and the fixing of the AI transformation glitch, multiplayer bots are one of my top wants. It's nice, sometimes, like when no friends are online, to just make a private game full of bots instead of enduring all of the raging assholes that infest multiplayer components of games. Gears 2/3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops had multiplayer bots, and I had a blast with them, certainly moreso than playing against real people.

5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It would be nice if it had an offline quick battle where you had all the options of build a bot and everything like the online multi-player sadly I don't think that will happen.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I dunno. If we make enough noise about it, I think there might be a small chance; if not in FOC, then at least in WFC3.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I can only hope. I had hoped that the inclusion of bots in CoD Black Ops would encourage more devs to do it. I miss bots, particularly the customisable Timesplitters kind - oh the fun I had.

Second time's a charm?