Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Nov 27, 2012.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Pretty good premiere. I wasn't keen on this version of Ghost Rider but I'm liking what I see so far.

Still, my biggest gripe with this show is May. I'm so tired of her "I'm the biggest,bad ass women out there" act, and for some reason I'm always pissed off. Every time she's on I get annoyed. They can get rid of her any time now. Just have Ghost Rider incinerate her already.

2. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    I'm really liking this Ghost Rider so far. I need to watch the other seasons now. Question is this the Spirit of Eli or Zarathros himself?

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    It actually seems to be the latter.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been out of touch with Marvel since Civil War years ago so I guess not and as of 2014 he has the car, not motorcycle. He had one back in Civil War. I would think a motorcycle would be more maneuverable and be more "fun" since you can do more. But that's just me.

May's gotten annoying, but I'm sick of emo Daisy already

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

It's especially bad since most of that was established as being the new 'normal' at the stinger at the end of S3 and barely got explained now that we're in S4.

I still can't get over how bloody stupid those Accords are - seriously, back in Civil War, the whole catalyst was ten people dying because of a bomb the Avengers couldn't defuse. Because preventing exponentially more people from dying AND terrorists from stealing a biological weapon which would have killed EVEN MORE people anywhere in the world is somehow being implied as preferable to the general international public, than ten bystanders being killed by a terrorist bomb.

And Talbot seemed begrudgingly fine with how SHIELD was being run under Coulson - it's implied all the changes are under the new, likely president-appointed director who nobody likes, with the intention of keeping Coulson's team apart so they can't gt 'creative' and bend rules like they've been doing for the past three seasons. Because that would go against this rigid, red tape compartmentalized system and apparently the fact this is precisely what led to the plot of Winter Soldier is forgotten. And then also was how the short lived ATCU was a personal inhuman hunting service for Malek from day 1 to the point its own director didn't know the truth...because of regulations stating she couldn't go to a certain room on a certain floor which was about as litteral an interpretation of 'skeletons in a closet' you could get without it being a straight up closet.

What is worse is how the only reason for Daisy going rogue beyond the bullshit over Lincoln has to be exposition dumped through Yo-Yo, as a blanket generalization of how impersonal SHIELD now is under new leadership toward damn near anybody with super powers (I can not believe they brought back the 'empowered people' term, why can't they just say 'superpowered' or 'superhuman' instead?) since those dumbass accords seem engineered to be intended to restrict anybody a comic book could be based on. Like, it's the MCU version of the Superpower Registration Act from the graphic novel of Civil War, no illusions over that, but all that's ending up causing is a regression to where things were at the start of S1 except without Director Fury and a plane with an ironic name for the shuttle service. Daisy's even back in the econovan!

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't see why May's being annoying. I mean she hasn't done anything to really tick me off.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Blaze is still around in the comics. Him and Robbie have even meet in the comics and Blaze stated that Robbie wasn't a true Spirit of Vengeance because in the comics the spirit was actually the spirit of Robbie's evil uncle. Though it looks like they may be changing it up for Agents.

Completely agree. Too much set up this episode and not enough on why certain things have changed. I'm particularly not fond of Jemma already this season.

Don't know. In the comics Robbie wasn't a true Spirit of Vengeance as he was actually possessed by his crazy uncle who was a serial killer. Looks like they might be changing it up for though as I said above.

Agreed. They could have bothered to delve into what happened and why a bit before jumping right into everything.

Yeah, from that angle the Accords never made sense. But from what we know of the government in the MCU it was probably the catalyst they'd been waiting for to reign The Avengers and any other super humans in. The straw that broke the camel's back if you will. I'm pretty sure the US government at the very least has been waiting for this since Winter Soldier.

Agreed. Though begrudgingly or not I always felt Talbot would jump at the opportunity to be able to exert more control over SHIELD. That said, I would bet the President probably had more to do with it. And you're definitely on to something with them apparently forgetting about why the events of Winter Soldier happened. I'm hoping this point gets brought up during this season.

Yes, that's basically my main complaint currently . Basically the events of Civil War have caused a massive regression back to a point that it's season one all over again. This is not really the best way to move forward, but they're kind of stuck in a rut because while the film's can ignore the shows the shows can't ignore the films.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Editing seems to be a real problem overall for the show right now - I mentioned this last night but somehow, between the cutaway when Totally-Not-Punisher says the 'devil in you' line, and then when the fight between him and Daisy resumes, a giant inexplicable fireball from a gas leak is burning in the background. Given what we've seen up to that point it doesn't take a genius to figure out how that occured but...it also illustrates what I think is the whole problem with the show's pacing: it's telling us shit happened (like apparently Ghost Rider murdered a teacher offscreen and when Daisy brings it up, GR simply says he was a pedo and that's that) instead of showing us.

I certainly agree with that idea it was just an excuse rather than the whole reason - the Accords are named after the town Ultron tried to slam-dunk into the Earth after all - but the way it was communicated was just dreadful in my opinion.

My inner conspiracy theorist wants to believe Grant Ward somehow not only survived but is in fact the real POTUS (or the true 'new' Director and the guy who isn't Ward's actor is a puppet). Completely independent of that Hive bullshit from last season where it was just a overhyped Mummy villain rip-off walking around in his skin.

But while it would be stale for Ward to somehow bullshit out of death again, I'm still certain the President is not actually working in the interest of a free world. I actually would like to think he's somehow connected to a revived Daniel Whitehall/Kraken (I mean come on all that build up for a legitimately creepy bad guy who stole inhuman anti-aging cream stuff...and he goes down in a single shot and forgotten in five minutes?). Or there's always the Russians with those fun Leviathan people who kinda dropped off the map after Agent Carter S1 and their Black Widow assassins.

Actually I would say it's worse - the premise of S1 was that Coulson formed a secret crack team independent of the main SHIELD organization to deal with incidental events of interest. Now, somehow, it's just Coulson and Mack, while May has her own goon squad, the transhumanism doctor guy seems to just be the 'fun tech banter' replacement for micromanager Simmons so Fitz can have some creative banter given the romance subplot was resolved fully...offscreen alongside everything else, and somehow Emo Daisy's big thing is going Rico Rodreguez Just Cause on the Watchdogs who not only have been possibly the most pathetic redshirts in a long time (have they even succeeded in anything beyond compressing a building by lobbing sticky 'nades at it?) except somehow they're now mercs OR Aryan Brotherhood OR both? Can't say I was at all entirely clear what their deal was since they kinda only showed up to die horribly anyway.

But on top of all that...the hell is the plot supposed to be? The ending to S3 made it look like it was going to focus on Daisy as the antagonist...except Coulson is literally told to not go after her because of a kill order (because somehow the fact that ended badly for SHIELD agents when Daisy was far less experienced with her powers and still impaled that guy with tree bark totally was forgotten by everybody AND the writers because...seriously, Daisy blasted a goddamn VTOL shuttle clean off an aircraft carrier from like, 30 feet away, how was she somehow at GR's mercy when he tried to push an aluminum storage shelf on top of her?), there's this box thing that absolutely nothing is known about (which is impressive given the dude monologued about said box contents) and when opened released some ghost lady who somehow is the manifestation of Scarecrow's plan from Batman Begins, and Ghost Rider apparently has been murdering bad guys and child molesters for a while now if that kill count the graffiti artist updates was accurate...and A DUDE ON FIRE IN A FLAMING 70's DODGE CHARGER STOLEN FROM RICHARD B RIDDICK RIPPING PEOPLES SPINES OUT didn't immediately set off alarms at SHIELD whereas Daisy somehow learned about all those other murders without even trying? Not even going to go into the LMD thing because it's too obvious that thing is going to gain sentience and probably kill a person or several.

Like, are they trying to set up the director as a new antagonist? Because they already tried that with Hand back in S1 and after SHIELD itself turned out to be litterally Nazis, it seems unoriginal at this point to just retread that crap. I hope the next episode actually explains what the story arc focus is supposed to be because right now it's just EVERYWHERE AT ONCE.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  12. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mybe we'll get a Ghost Rider Netflix series.

13. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

netflix please save Ghost Rider from agents of Shield

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, current rumor is we'll get either the Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch version on Netflix. I'm personally hoping for both so we can get a Ghost Rider and Blaze type storyline. Robbie can stay on SHIELD.

15. Puck Hockey

rip robbie

16. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

It's only been one episode. Just got introduced to the guy. I'd give SHIELD another 2-4 episodes before anybody should give up on Robbie Reyes.

17. Puck Hockey

No I like Robbie just fine. He was the best part of the episode. But unlike Johnny and Ketch, both of whom are THE Ghost Riders, Robbie probably won't get another shot outside of comics like this and I wish he had gotten a full series for himself. It is what it is though.

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Theres nothing that says he cant get his own show. jsut because he's in SHIELD doesnt meant they cant do a spin off. look at Daredevil, they introduced the Punisher on Daredevil show and he's getting his own solo series.

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd lose my shit if we got a Spirits of Vengeance series. The story of Johnny going after Danny was amazing. Still one of my favorites to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, when I think Ghost Rider that's primarily the series of storylines I think about as that's where I started reading. Johnny goes after Dan and then the team up.