Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I half expected the personalities inside Hive to start to fight back against him. Something Lash did caused it. At a critical point, Ward would force his way to the surface and cause Hive to pause, giving SHIELD the opportunity to kill Hive. Little bit of redemption for him.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh... Missed opportunity. I like this.

3. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

ya, but Ward doesn'tt need redemption, he's not a redeemable character

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, perhaps not, but it would've been a really killer scene if handled correctly.

Like, show the battle raging on in his head with all of the personalities fighting back against him, while Lincoln's on the outside zapping his ass as the Quinjet explodes in a fireball of awesomeness.

There's a certain nicety to the scene they used, musing on the shortcomings of humanity as a whole, and any one person in general, especially with the symbolism (which we cannot discuss here), but I like the idea that Macross7 came up with.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Now there's a good idea right there.

Be nice to see what she's up to these days since AOU.

6. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the impression that that was what they were going for in an earlier episode. When he got zapped by Lincoln and Mack, he was acting weird. Essentially talking to himself and repeating things Ward and co said while still alive. And most of the lines were Ward, all the times he gave his former colleges opportunities to survive.
    And while Hive was incapacitated due to that, Mack and co managed to escape and capture him.
    So I guess the intent was to show that the blast he got gave his victims a short time to gain enough control to fight back.

So yeah, I was waiting for that the entire time, something like them gaining control and Ward yelling to them to take their chance and kill him.

7. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Yup. Featuring Maria Hill more prominently would be a good start.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ward is an unredeemable worthless, unlikable piece of gutter trash. We don't need him back ever again.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Seeing as how the next season is based around technology perhaps it would be a cool way to introduce characters like Jocasta and even the Technovore into the MCU since I doubt they'll be in the movies anytime soon.

Also it would be actually awesome if they had Ultron in here too since after all he has found ways to keep himself alive and they may not have to get James Spader to reprise him since you can make it so that he can invade a body of a LMD and alter it to be more like the comics to give him a different look or at least make it a back up data of him that gains his own AI and be a different character.

10. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Having the next season based around tech opens up a host of interesting possibilities and characters. A.I.M. for instance........I know they were Killian Aldrichs company but they could EASILY give them the comic backstory about being a offshoot of Hydra and introduce the scientist supreme or MODOK. Give us the boiler suits and all- full beekeeper look.

I wonder would the Secret Empire be a good adversary for them too at a later date

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well considering they're not in production yet, he doesn't know who the new director of SHIELD is. Nor will he till he gets a script where said person is intro'd. So asking him about it at this point is a giant waste of everyones time.

14. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that was a sad waste of time

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

The fact he doesn't know who he's supposed to be handing directorship over to is rather concerning.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    they are normally kept under the dark of whats going to happen in the show till they start sending out the scripts for the episodes they will film, they've been doing this ever since they started working on the show.

for example Brett Dalton and the rest of the cast was kept under the dark about Ward being part of Hydra till they started working on the Winter Soldier episodes, he thought he was legit good guy when he was cast.

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Why? He's just an actor. He's got zero say in those decisions.

18. Autobot Burnout

For things like that I can understand, since that way any 'deception' going on before the reveal is more genuine because it is genuine at the time. Same way they 'neglected' to tell whoever was playing that one unfortunate guy from Alien the nature of the chestburster so his reaction was 100% legit shock and horror.

But this is simply information about the setting where somebody else is in charge of SHIELD, it shouldn't really come as a shock to the actors to know who their new boss is given they'll largely still be working with Coulson anyway.

When did I ever say he did have a say in not being director anymore? He certainly didn't expect to headline his own Marvel series after learning of his own demise in Avengers.

19. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if it's May in charge then that's a wasted sub-plot. There's only so much friction you can have between May and Coulson without making one of the characters completely unlikable. You almost need it to be a new character for there to be a new dynamic. I guess we know it's definitely not Hill or Fury because I'm sure Clark Gregg would know if one of those actors were joining the payroll even if just recurring.

20. Autobot Burnout

Hmmm, forgot about May, she's actually the most likely choice if the director is still going to be a major reoccuring role. The fact you clearly have forgotten Coulson has tried to give the job to her twice in the past, was trustworthy enough for Fury to request she monitor Coulson for the period after they brought him back from the dead, and pretty much is a workaholic both in the field and at a desk job.

Plus, why does there need to be a new character simply to provide a dynamic? The whole show works so well because there is plenty of dynamic going on already! Well, at least the parts no longer involving Daisy and how horribly that character has gone down the toilet, but they also just introduced that scientist guy as being at least a new ally of the crew after he's gone all buddy buddy with Fitz with HIM teasing the introduction of a Life Model Decoy character, so the cast is already reaching a fairly large size again and does not need a spontaneous new character on top of all the other characters remaining to be explored.