Age of Extinction Release Day Hauls

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, May 16, 2014.

1. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    The 4 wave one deluxes

2. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

My little haul from The UK! Teesside to be exact ^^ May have Slug during the week, and will deffo have a voyager of some description on thursday xD

3. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

lots of people apparently have bad taste.

4. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same size as Beast Hunters Ultra Magnuse (at the top of the head) and just a hair smaller than Springer, not that small at all tbh.

5. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

i think it's that prime looks anorexic

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's My Haul,Dinos and Predas.
    [​IMG]

7. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because we like the AoE line?

Is it a perfect toyline, hell no. But neither was the 2007 movie line. Mostly had TF Cybertron remolds and repaints as movie figures. But look what ROTF churned out. Same situation here, once Hasbro gets used to the new CGI models, the likes of Crosshairs and Grimlock will be far better :) 

Is it an excuse? No. The backpack on Leader Optimus is inexcusable. But is it horrible? No. And its the best representation of the CGI model we have so far, Just like the 2007 leader Brick prime was until ROTF leader prime came out.

8. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

News Credits:
    I picked up HO Bee last night. I have to say after fiddling with him I'm keeping my money this go round with the exception of Hound. These things are ridiculous. Hell, Bee was 2/3rd's the size of the previous movie version and more expensive. I don't see these things lasting very long in the hands of their target audience either. Kids are really going to break these things all to hell. If I were a parent I'd be telling my kids hell no.

9. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is JUST smaller than DOTM Bee and the same size as the 2007 Bee, he's hardly small. The Price i agree with but in these days what can ya do? Plastic cost increases and with that, figure price increases.

And that is why kids now have the simpler line, which btw they will love as i saw kids runing around the Transformers section with the little Punch of kill everything Bee, smash and change prime, and the simple one step figures, Kids love them!

10. Extendarr

Extendarr Well-Known Member

LOL @ comparing this toyline to the 2007 line. There isn't even a comparison. I'm not a Bay-hater either. I bought a lot of toys out of the previous 3 movies line. The AoE line is just shit, plain and simple. The only reason that I could see for buying one is purely to satisfy a plastic crack addiction. The only other reason to own one is if you're 6 years old and don't know any better.

11. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

i don't know why people get so offended when you call crap crap

12. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is that a LOL comparison? Hasbro's 2007 movie figures were for the most not accurate, Look at Leader Megatron, Bee, Even Optimus despite being a decent figure, was a poseable, inaccurate brick. And that's because the they developed the figures before the CGI models were finished, pretty much basing them on concepts. Same thing in the AoE line, No longer are the figures the exact same CGI models they have been, these are new streamlined ones. Which is pretty damn clear on figures like the new bee, with the hood on the shoulders (Which is shown in Rise of the Dark Spark, and is confirmed as a concept) and In Optimus, who was rumoured to have a jet pack, which his back pack kind of recreates.

Does this line have the same Quality as the 2007 line? In some figures yes, in some others no. But it's hardly a bad line, i only have to feel Scorn in hand to know he is well put together. I would say you should at least try Scorn and base your opinion on him but it's clear you won't ^^

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think the AOE Dinobots are OKish so is the Black Camero Bee.
    Nothing is outstanding so far - that's true but the Generations Movie toys are not irredeemably dreadful - they are more like the sort of thing best bought on a sale offer.
    Hound has some Merit with all the Guns ;; Galvatron has a spiffy Truck mode. Evasion Optimus' main fault is the paint but otherwise he's not horrible as such - just very poorly painted.

I'd not lump it all together there is sort of 3 tiers 'terrible' (like the non-transforming) 'flawed' and 'OK' I you hide up you ROTF Mould Optimus toys and 2008 Landmine etc... they don't look that much worse than DOTM overall really.

That said I do think Hasbro do need to try harder even on the Generations toys - especially on the small matters like wrist swivels and paint.

14. Hound711

Hound711 Moon Base One

I've been collecting for a long time, but have somehow never bought a leader. I was tempted to pick up Grimlock and Optimus in this line, but wanted to see them in person first.

I ended up finding them at Toys R Us, and bought them on the spot. The grey plastic on Prime seemed cheap in pictures, but it looked a bit darker and better in person. I know there has been a lot disagreement on this as of late, but the chrome sold me. I personally thought it was done well on both figures, and helped give the figures a more "premium" feel. So many G1 figures had chrome...I think it's great to see it back when done right. I still hate Grimlocks Dino mode, but the robot mode looks quite nice. They are indeed MUCH smaller than other leaders, but I actually like that as I'm out of display space anyway.

Overall the leaders truly impressed me even though they're probably a bit overpriced. If you can find them cheaper, I wouldn't hold back. The rest of the toys I saw seemed very cheaply made to me. I was hoping Masterpiece Prowl or Grimlock would make a surprise debut today...does anyone know the expected release date of these or the Optimus/Prime Target exclusive two-pack?

15. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ohh you can call crap crap all you want, but this line is not that. this coming from someone who so far has 2 figures in hand, and both feel solid.

16. bazinga66

bazinga66 Well-Known Member

Nothing, absolute zip. the walmart around here had a couple construct a bots and a foc shockwave and that was it, I asked an employee about them and he just said "duuuhno"

17. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dno, the figures in the IDW generations line are great, cause Hasbro know what they are doing, they know how these figures should look. The movie figures are a completely different beast. These guys were in production well before the final CGI model was designed, so there is that factor.

But yeh i agree, Hasbro need to pull out some very decent figures after this line, and improve on the movie characters next year, like they have with each movie line (Premium, Hunt for the Deceptions, and the cancelled Movie Trilogy line, which was slated to have some pretty decent looking figures)

18. Extendarr

I went and attempted to pre-order Grimlock in-store 2 days ago. It's in the system, and the price point is still $59.99, but they showed 0 in the warehouse. So it's highly unlikely for them to be there today.

However, if you know the item numbers (I can't remember off-hand) you can get them to issue you a raincheck ticket, which means they'll call you when they are in stock and hold one for you. Grimmy will be mine!

19. Extendarr

Fine. Buy what you want to buy. You're not the only guy who's had these figures in hand. If you can't tell the difference in quality between these toys and previous lines, then there's precious little I can do to disabuse you of that delusion. But, as I said, it's your money. Have fun, go mad.

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I remember back when the very first Transformers toys ever were released. I also remember many people not wanting to 'spend money on that garbage'. All these years later, that 'garbage' is beloved by many collectors and worth as much personally as it is monetarily.
    As the saying goes "one persons garbage is another persons treasure".