Age of Extinction One Step Changers and Chomp&Stomp Grimlock Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by QLRformer, Feb 14, 2014.

1. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

yuck, i really dislike these super human silver faces, or the ones that look like a robotic version of human face muscles.

Movie 1 ratchet and starscream were cool - alien robots. Why would they look so human like? I really liked sideswipe face and long haul in movie 2. The images on package art does not impress me - again, yuck.

The toys are also really meh. I will save money.

Cheers if you like it though.

Wish Del Torro was directing this movie. Bay has no artistic taste. :( 

2. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

If you look close, almost everything is just pieces put together. The only thing that I see that might be paint apps is on the T-rex head. Everything else is just different colors of plastic....there's literally no detailing work at all.

And the entire inside of it looks like a milk crate.

Will kids like it? Sure. But charging 80 bucks for something that simple is a joke. And don't get me started about the electronic sounds and stuff. Go to RadioShack and put together your own little sound-byte thing for ~5 bucks. Because that's how much costs retail. I wouldn't buy that for my kid just based on the fact that it's basically an insult to consumers...lol.

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ahahahahaha. My wallet's going to put on some major pounds this year.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I like Lockdowns face, much improved from the Terminator design we saw a while back.

5. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    My fear is that once the 30th anniversary winds down, our selection of collector's brand TF's are going to be handled much the same way as Marvel Legends currently are. No gurantee you'll ever see many of them. Hasbro seems to be following the trend that others have already gone to....toys so cheap and crappy that they don't need to sell as well to cover the cheaper cost. Most of the other big brands have been doing it, that is why TF's are now. Anything they say is just a nice spin job.

I can see a re-launch of the collector's line after generations is done with fancy new boxes and a price tag starting over $20 per deluxe. I'll be way off to 3rd party heaven by then.

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Judging by the description on the main page that Lockdown has either a car alternate mode or dinosaur mode,does this mean LD might be a triple changer,if so I am so getting 3 of him,one for each mode.

But seriously is that the Chomp and Stomp Grimlock proto on the main page,surely not as that barely looks Voyager or Ultra size but I could be wrong.Also if it is and its gonna be $80 at TRU then he probably won't sell too fast.Finally if that's the leader size mentioned a few months ago I might get it when its release if he's $40 or $45,love that design tho.

7. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    The dude that will be looking for a job in six months when they bomb and clog the shelves

8. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so I had a cousin that was t-boned in his 1988 ford car by another newer car that basically disintegrated on impact (other driver died) and my cousin walked out with a broken arm.

I also lost 2 friends, my aunt, uncle and a brother when my uncle had a stroke at the wheel of his 2014 ford F-150 and they hit a fucking 4 foot high 8 inch wide tree head on. The whole truck shattered and when its front end collapsed in to soften to impact, my uncle and Aunt where crushed. Friends and brother died from impact drama to their heads and broken ribs that punctured lungs and other internals.

Some complain about these toys and say a turd is still a turd no matter what. I'm not saying all vehicles these days are worse than those of the past, I understand how they are made to be safer. That still does not mean they will be safer. My point is that everything these days is made from the cheapest materials and or even less materials but at a higher cost. And that is a true statement.

I work in an industrial engineering company and I see every day how we as a people create and build more and more complex things and feats of engineering but have it built by the lowest bidder lol. And 90% of the time that lowest bidder cuts corners and builds your product out of the cheapest materials so they too make some kind of overhead. If you seen what I have when watching the lowest bidding construction or engineering company get the contract. And then build a nuke plant or chemical refinery with cheap materials and the corners they cut to get the job done, you'd really start to worry about the safety of your loved ones real quick.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know. I was pointing it out for those believing it to be the main line

Also, don't respond in large text unless you are sure what you said is an appropriate reply - as my large text was just to get anyone who viewed it to realise that the problem is not that these are mainline figures - but the fact that due to the simplification of an entire range it also means the main line are simplified - as proven by Leader Class Optimus Prime (TF;AOE version)

10. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I want to know why Stinger continues to look similar to Bumblebee in the way the parts form the robot mode.

11. DECIBILL

DECIBILL Member

Wait till you see how freaking big Chomp & Stomp Grimlok is....

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Anyway, sorry guys. Back on topic. I love the new simple toys and hope the young ones that have parents that buy them these toys, enjoy them for what they are. Now let's get to those generations toys!!! I want to see the good stuff!

13. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

He's either built by humans who scanned Bumblebee while he was still working with the US Government, or he's a Decepticon who is directly linked to Bumblebee somehow. Like Wasp (his name is Stinger....could easily be a Movie incarnation of Wasp).

But yes. He clearly has most of the same body details and head design of Bumblebee. My curiosity is piqued.

14. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i have a feeling he'll be a manmade robot modeled after bumblebee but deisgned to be badass. i can see the human guy even saying something along those lines, lol.

15. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Because he is a bee-like transformer. He has just taken on a different alt mode.

The same way we have long haul as a dump truck but you see the long haul-like Con in DOTM scan and become a garbage truck. Same body type, two different alt modes.

16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Agreed

17. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    You know, I said this exact same thing however many pages ago, and no one listened. Ah, the perks of being new.

That being said, the idea of Stinger being like Wasp is new to me, it could also work.

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Really makes me wonder if the Argosy truck is also a man made duplicate of Optimus. Hello Nemesis Prime/Scourge :D 

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Wondering why we have not seen a Sonic car yet.

20. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

His head design is almost Megatron-esque though. And that big red opening in his chest sort of matches what happened to Megatron when his spark chamber was destroyed by the Allspark in 2007.