Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mariobros27772

mariobros27772 Well-Known Member

Sounds cool, can't wait to see it.

And like I said, I don't hate it. I just don't think the price is right.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    My hope for a more screen-accurate voyager has just increased.

3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Alright, seriously, the more i look at this thing, it's like they didn't even try. Did they learn nothing from DotM and that awful Ultimate Prime?

Although, it is surprising to have an official release this time, instead of someone just digging up a prototype image.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Let me get this straight. You mean kibble as in "mechanical detailing" on the torso and stuff or literally as in the backpack and stuff?

Because they way you described it it sounds like he's (even more) TF Prime looking than the toy which (while having very TF Prime legs) is still pretty much a usual Bayformers ultra complex design.

Huh...now I'm really interested in the CGI model.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No mention of electronics... Weird for a Leader class toy. For that price and that kind of engineering, you would expect them.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, looks like another 2 years with the primary size for leaders/really big guys being Voyager.
    Unless we DO get the big guys (Grimlock, Megatron, other guys who might be as big as Prime) as leaders... *CROSSES EVERY PAIR OF FINGERS I CAN POSSIBLY MANAGE*

Unless unless the voyager is more accurate. Ugh.

Considering that this is a leader, it seems like Hasbro isn't improving at all like I hoped. No electronics and crappy kibble.

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    This looks like 8 different kinds of shit to me. Then again, I'm sure the Voyagers and Deluxes will be fantastic.

8. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks alright. Odd that he's being released as part of Generations but maybe he's a preview figure or something. Kind of wish this was an Ultra class figure but beggars cant be choosers

9. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

There is no way in hell they are passing this deluxe piece of shit as a leader. If this is SERIOUSLY all they could come up with for a LEADER CLASS then I seriously pity ANYONE who thinks that this is worth 40$. Wait, I'm sorry, 45$! Well this is an utter BITCH SLAP to the fans. "Oh we gave you accurate figures for War for Cybertron, Animated, Parts of prime, and parts of Fall of Cybertron. We used up all of our creativity with the shit storm that was the Beast Hunters line. Not to mention FoC Shitwipe and Air Fail. Of all the Bruticus figures we've gotten the only DESCENT one is from San Diego Comic Con. Cheap ass pricks don't deserve my money. Still have yet to get a FoC Megatron. And as usual a third party had to step in to fix the fuck up that was Bruticus.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    my unimpressed, it's over 9000.

Show me the Dinobots so I can buy them and move on from this line.

11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i dont beleive this is a leader class figure, its more likely the were told it was optimus prime leader meaning he is the leader not that he is leader class.

far to simple (even by DOTM leader class standards) and look at the size of the screw holes on his wrists. this screams voyager even the simplicity of it does. not to mention he shares a similar transformation to the voyager DOTM prime.

Id say its a bit premature to judge based on the info at hand

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

While the design is interesting the backpack kibble is the only turn off, and to raise two points in that 1)this is a new design that they are making, akin to the first movies leader that looked like bricks, so of course the first outing is gonna be a bit iffy, especially with what is probably not a straight forward transformation and or a prototype transformation/design. And 2) it kinda looks like they are dealing with what I think is the biggest problem with leader class toys, it's that they are so bulky it's hard to actually play with them, his design seems much more "action figure" styled kinda like the voyager DOTM prime which sacrificed a interesting transformation for better play value other than transform me and pose me a little. So I say this in the most positive way I can in that the fact that he looks like a deluxe is a good thing.

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Wow, that's certainly different. And kibble-tastic. It's a nice truck mode, I'll give it that, but I guess I'll wait to see a voyager or deluxe version before I buy this one. Also, I don't think I've ever seen an OP design that did not have some form of chest windows. It looks very un-OP to me. I'm surprised by the samurai look they chose for him, yet I wonder how it differs from the actual CGI model.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks nice to me I don't know why some of you people even look at these images.

I don't usually buy leaders though so I won't be getting it, the sword looks very neat though.

Where have some of you people been all transformers have some kind of kbble you can't just make parts of the car completely dissapear, looks like it's just that very small back part and those shoulder pads hanging off.

I must not know what a samurai looks like since I don't see one samurai looking thing on him.

G2 Bruticus was fantastic as well.

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

It's not a new thing.

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why can't people decide value for themselves? I think this figure would be worth it if the plastic and joint quality is up to par. Don't need to pity me. ;) 

18. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

it will most likely have a simplified transformation. after all, the item specifics say that it is intended for ages 4 and up. I'm not going to start freaking out yet. who knows, maybe they will have a far more impressive supreme class version.

19. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I like the samurai influenced accents. Reminds me of Armada Prime with the skirt. But if this is a Leader Class I'm not on board with the simplistic designing. This is a glorified voyager to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if this a mistake of labeling. Plus why put the Generations tag on it when that has been aimed at past characters.

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    You know what gets me about this design?

He looks too skinny. Doesn't evoke power or leadership at all.

Which is weird considering how bulk his alt mode is.

He could really use some bulkiness to him, like some more armour or something. Not Beast Hunters level that's over doing it but something more.

To a lot of people Samurai = having a sword. If anything to me the design looked like a European knight armour at first glance.