Age of Extinction Flip & Change Drift Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Jul 7, 2014.

1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Didn't you see Peaugh's review of the Lockdown version? These things just don't look review worthy at all. I hope Hasbro is paying you money to review this piece of crap.

I think you have a 90 day return on it...send it back!

IMHO, the small little 1 step changers seem to make the most sense.

3. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Considering the primary audience we reviewers have are kids, i would beg to differ on if these are review worthy or not. Lots of kids comment on my videos and seem to enjoy these. They also recognize they aren't meant to be complicated or for adults. The two i've reviewed last week combined have over 60,000 views...so they seem to be "review worthy". I wouldn't even say they're pieces of crap. They're large and make have a fair amount of plastic, so the cost is going to be higher. The paint apps aren't bad on em and generally just "fun". Again, they aren't geared towards you or even marketed towards you. So put yourself in that frame of mind and i think you can appreciate the point of them.

4. Ravage101

Optibotimous...to the rescue!!!! Always the defender!

"Piece of crap, not review worthy", these are my opinions, but it would appear that not one but two reviewers had "fun" with flip n' change. Peaughs review of flip and change Lockdown had me in stitches.

But you know, Optibotimous, the same could be said of your personal favorite; Legends Animated Starscream..."it's was marketed to a younger audience". I encourage everyone to look up that review...most hilarious review ever made! That was so freak'n funny; "He's not 25!!!"

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You could make that argument. But my response back would be that video is 5 years old and most are able to see that it was meant to be humorous and not a legit review

6. Ravage101

^ well yeah, I'm going to guess your review of that Starscream was mostly for the laughs, but you seemed genuinely upset and especially triggered over this toy. Good acting!

The point is that it's okay for the rest of us to say that a toy is "a piece of crap" or "not review worthy" or whatever. It's not a fact...it's our opinion! No toy needs to be rescued from the grips of of a negative perspective from an online viewers post. If a toy or what ever looks like it sucks, it probably does....and it's okay to say that its terrible.

You reviews of the "flipping changers" was not free from some of the engineering problems faced by others. You were just nicer about it...you tried to like or be more positive about the toy. You know, that's cool.

I'll tell you what, if you bring the 2 "flipper formers" to the next meet up and your are able to convince me that these figures are fun to mess with, I'll take back what I said thus far about the "flippers"...sound fair?

7. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wasn't really trying to be positive. I was just looking at it from the proper perspective. These aren't meant for collectors. So the simplified nature of them shouldn't upset me. I try putting myself in the mind of myself when i was a kid. Would i like this when i was young? If you watch my Smash and Change Optimus, i felt i did that really well. Expressing how that as a kid, i wished i could have stayed closer to that moment of play. Instead of having to stop to transform my figures. Even as g1 figures, they took a second to change and that disrupted my imagination. These figures are meant to keep kids in that moment. To extend that play time and i think they do a terrific job of it. Sometimes things like gears get in the way and slow things down. But overall, the message and intent of these toys is clear to me. And in my reviews, i try keeping that in mind when i'm reviewing them.

8. Ravage101

My apologizes to Baltmatrix-

I am really sorry that I have triggered a continuing conversation with a wonderful fellow fan. I feel like I high-jacked your thread which was never my intention.

You did a great review and I hope others can appreciate it.

Optibotimous, lets continue this via PM. I'll send you my number...I still need to get that Bludgen from you, anyways.

-Peace

9. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bad ravage101!

No biscuit!!! :D 

And just because I'm not a fan of the figure doesn't mean that kids or other folks would like it. Look at my Stomp & Chomp Grimlock review from last week! 50,000+ views! Just because something is made for the collectors doesn't mean that there isn't a market for other figures. Heck, I'm sure in a few years my boy will LOVE that thing.

10. Ravage101

You know, I did watch your Stomp and Chomp review... to be fair, that did look like a pretty cool toy! It was big, you can use other transformer toys with it...the 2 steps. Yeah, if I was a kid, I would love that thing!

The one steps...those tiny toys, I like those. They look really nice...the detail is great!

The flip bots...yeah, those things look crappy. Every review on those is a sad story.

I'm glad these figures are giving you hits, that's awesome! They should be giving you something.

If I was a kid stuck with that Lockdown or Drift figure that after spinning and spinning and spinning I still have to manually fix the head....that thing would have made it into the parts box.