Age of Extinction 12 inch Silver Knight Optimus Prime Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by almightymaximus, May 31, 2014.

1. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

I never imagined action figures would go in this direction in the future. I always thought they would keep getting better as the technology advanced. Never imagined they would do a complete 180.

2. MachSabre

MachSabre Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer

This isn't exactly unheard of actually. During the 1970s, much larger action figures (almost 9 to 12 inches tall) were a standard, and when the 3¾ inch figures came out, I remember people like my older brother calling them "cheap pieces of crap", even though they and the accessories were far more accessible price wise and for little hands. Eventually they became a standard that we enjoy these days with G.I.Joe, Star Wars and the Marvel guys. This continued until the late 90s, where figures got bigger and more detailed but also more cumbersome and more expensive. Until they went back to the standard sizes from before, bringing the detail and the accessories that came with the larger guys. And it's starting again now with them. This usually happens every decade or so.

It's happened twice with the Transformers itself. First was the later years of Generation One where we went from the super detailed and realistic cars like Inferno, Jazz and Prowl... Until the later guys like Hosehead, Nightbeat and Siren... Which all looked like cheap children's toys by comparison. (I know, they're all children's toys. But work with me here.) This went on for a few years, but they eventually improved and we we go the Beast era, which carried over until the end of Car Robots/Robots in Disguise (2001), seeing a serious apex of engineering. Then when Armada came out, we saw a focus on toys that were honestly subpar. Robots that were bulky but did not carry the realism and detail that the guys year before possessed. And this went on until 2005 when Cybertron came out. It happens before and it will again. We're in a slump era.

But every time Transformers (and other franchises) comes out of these slumps, they come out stronger than ever before. It'll be back to how is used to be. May take a few years, but it will. :) 

3. Griffin73

Griffin73 Commander

If the best thing you can say about it is it's actually silver. Hasbro has real problems. Time to make some good toys again.
    Let's all take a moment to remember the first time we saw the POC GI Joe figures or Generations Metroplex for the first time.

Someday, it'll be that good again. If we insist on better products.

4. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Now there's something to toss in the ol daughter's toybox. I bet he'll build a snowman.

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 116% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I feel sorry for any children who end up with this. Not just because it's awful, but also because their parents or other relatives are dumb enough to buy this crap for them.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    I see most of the non-transforming AOE 'dolls' all shelve warming for years.

8. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Clifton Park, NY Target had the Silver Knight Optimus exclusives yesterday (1 Step and 12 inch).

9. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

may not be for everyone? how much are they paying you to say that? ahahaha

10. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW! IT'S NOTHING

Seriously, why not just shove out the $5 to get a deluxe? Shame all that silver paint couldn't have been used on Galvatron

11. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still don't get why people are complaining about this.
    This is more for toddlers than anyone else.

12. Griffin73

Griffin73 Commander

Hasbro has lost it's way. I am bummed more than excited these days when these movies come out. It pushes back the good toy releases about 6 months. I am sure people will see it but I've lost the interest in these Michael Bay movies. I wish they'd do a purely CGI TF movie that tells a good robot story, like in the IDW comics.

13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Someday they will. Earlier if people stop supporting the sub par product they are putting out now.

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a junk to me.

15. prime0821

prime0821 leader

Looks kinda cool